Best Online collaboration software and tools empower both in-office and remote teams to coordinate on projects in an easier, more efficient, and smarter way.
At ProofHub, we are much obsessed with teamwork, collaboration, and productivity. We are defined by our effective teamwork and collaboration. We believe that when teams have a good base of collaboration, they are less susceptible to waste their time being lost in email and getting things done.
And a strong base can be built with the help of online collaboration tools that will not only help in productivity but also result in successful projects.
Table of Contents
- List of online collaboration tools & Software for business
- 1. ProofHub
- 2. Filestage
- 3. GanttPRO
- 4. Nuclino
- 5. Acquire
- 6. Freshdesk
- 7. Intercom
- 8. Troop Messenger
- 9. Chanty
- 10. Internxt
- 11. Nextiva
- 12. Flock
- 13. Fleep
- 14. Slack
- 15. Mockplus
- 16. Viewflux
- 17. Canva
- 18. Sketch
- 19. Adobe
- 20. InVision
- 21. One
- 22. Skype
- 23. Hangouts
- 24. GotoMeeting
- 26. Join.me
- 27. Zoom
- 28. ClickMeeting
- 29. Bit.ai
- 30. Hiver
- 31. Google Docs
- 32. Microsoft Office online
- 33. GitHub
- 35. Clockodo
- 36. TimeCamp
- 37. Timely
- 38. Harvest
- 39. ClickTime
- 40. RescueTime
- 41. Dropbox
- 42. OneDrive
- 43. WeTransfer
- 44. DropSend
- 45. Hightail
- 46. Wimi
- 47. SugarSync
- 48. Box
- 49. Citrix ShareFile
- 50. Pocket
- 51. Evernote
- 52. Pinterest
- 53. MindMeister
- 54. Organimi
- 55. Planable
- What are online collaboration tools & Software?
- What are the exclusive features of an online collaboration tool and software?
- How do I choose a collaboration tool or Software?
List of online collaboration tools & Software for business
Project Management Tools
If you are willing to manage teams and projects using a single software, ProofHub is just the perfect project management and online collaboration tool you need on your side. It brings together all the essential tools to foster teamwork and stay on top of your tasks. You can easily break a project into tasks and smaller subtasks and assign them directly to your team members. ProofHub also makes it much easier to streamline projects and stay on schedule with its built-in Kanban boards and Gantt charts. By using a Kanban board it becomes possible to see tasks moving through different stages of the project. On the other hand, a Gantt chart lets you view how each task fits in the overall timeline of the project along with the assignees.
What is unique about ProofHub?
Here are some key collaboration features that you will get in ProofHub:
Review files related to projects, give feedback and approve them in real time. Moreover, you can use markup tools to annotate files and point out the specific regions that should be modified.
When you need to brainstorm or collect thoughts from people on your team to resolve a particular matter, you can create dedicated spaces in ProofHub as discussion topics. Add people, grab the attention of team members by mentioning them in comments, and share files within a discussion space.
Team collaboration is incomplete without communication. ProofHub enables all the members of a team to be on the same page with its chat tool. You can use the chat interface to connect with your colleagues either in a one-on-one chat or a group chat. You also have the flexibility to send files directly from your chat box and say goodbye to clunky emails.
Store and organize all the files of your projects in a common space. The cloud storage offered by ProofHub makes it possible to upload files from your system or other third-party file hosting services like Google Drive and DropBox. You can even share and collaborate on files with your team members using ProofHub.
- Communication features like Instant chat, Discussions, @Mentions, Real-time updates, and Announcements facilitate seamless collaboration across teams.
- Team members, clients, and stakeholders share a common platform for improved co-ordination on work
- Eliminates chaotic work processes with better organization and prioritization through features like a Table view, Board view, Scheduling calendar, etc.
- Ease of usage, simple learning curve, and intuitive interface make it a hassle-free collaboration software even for less tech-savvy users.
- A suite of work management features in one place eliminates the need to use 6-7 various software for team collaboration.
- Online proofing enables quick collaboration on designs and documents through markup tools.
- You can automate recurring tasks to save time and make sure you don’t miss out on anything important
- You can choose standard workflows or customize workflows as per project requirements
- Email notifications are under no granular control.
- Google sign-in is not supported.
ProofHub – One power tool for seamless team collaboration. Book your Demo now!
The second one in the list of tools for online collaboration is Filestage. Filestage gives teams the easiest possible way to manage the content review process. The project management software and platform make it simple for internal and external stakeholders to leave in-context feedback on videos, images, PDFs, and more. The tool also generates to-do lists based on those comments to make sure your team never misses a piece of feedback. With Filestage, you can review and approve in real-time, external partners and clients can comment without registering, and version control makes projects easy to manage and easy to see as to which stakeholders have approved a file.
What is unique about Filestage?
- Easy review – FileStage makes feedback gathering simple, you don’t even have to sign-up, if you are a reviewer, to carry out the review process.
- Comments – reviewers can directly comment on files to share feedback making the process easy and less time-consuming.
- Consistency – by giving you a central place to review files and share feedback, FileStage helps you develop consistency in your feedback-sharing process.
- Creative management – with easy-to-use features for reviewing and feedback sharing, FileStage aids in creative management and quick collaboration for teams as well.
- Time saver – by simplifying the process of creative reviews and approvals, the software saves a lot of time that was earlier spent by teams juggling through email threads.
- Great collaboration software to give and receive feedback on internal and external projects.
- Neat and simple user interface.
- Great customer support service.
- Share files and projects with as many people as you like.
- Clear documentation and approval from customers.
- Reviewers can review and add comments without even registering.
- No mobile app version.
- Complex dashboard layout.
GanttPRO is an advanced project collaboration tool based on Gantt charts. It gives teams lots of possibilities to collaborate on their projects. To start with, GanttPRO offers robust task management with dozens of settings like statuses, priorities, assignees, duration & estimation, time tracking, deadlines, and many others for you to know who is working on what. Further, teams feel at home here, like they wouldn’t need anything to collaborate on any project-related information: real-time descriptions, comments, attachments, and notifications do all the collaboration work. One more great feature is resource management which allows the reallocation of overloaded/underloaded resources efficiently. The learning curve is pretty short, so you and your team can easily give it a try.
What is unique about GanttPRO?
- It works just the right way – correct dependencies, ideal Work Breakdown structure, and smooth functionality.
- Easy-to-use online Gantt chart maker – interactive online Gantt chart maker for planning and controlling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Automatic online project scheduling and drag-and-drop simplicity.
- Resource planning and resource management – Add resources to your Gantt charts and connect them to specific tasks online.
- Time log – Log the actual time spent on tasks, and milestones, and add comments.
- Improved customer relationship management.
- Facilitates seamless collaboration.
- Ensures data security and file fidelity is observed at all times.
- Numerous templates allow for instant tasks and scheduled assignments.
- Well-designed, easy to learn, and use.
- Includes custom fields for tasks, kanban board view, and critical path feature.
- Limited integrations.
- No billing or invoicing.
Inspired by the idea of a collective brain, Nuclino is a unified online collaboration tool where teams can bring all their knowledge, docs, and projects together in one place. It’s a modern, simple, and blazingly fast way to collaborate, without the chaos of files and folders, context switching, or silos. You can create collaborative documents for every topic or project and organize them visually into a nested list, a Kanban board, or a mindmap-style graph. Versatile yet intuitive, Nuclino offers a clean and user-friendly interface that has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
What is unique about Nuclino?
- Unified space for all your work – you can use Nuclino to build your internal knowledge base, collaborate on documents in real-time, manage your projects and tasks, onboard new employees, and more, replacing multiple other collaboration tools.
- Lightweight and intuitive design – Nuclino focuses on the essentials, doing away with clunky menus and rarely-used options, and minimizing the learning curve for new users.
- Speed – every interaction in Nuclino is optimized for speed, with no spinners or loading screens.
- Views – the list, board, and graph views help you organize your docs and projects in a way that best fits your workflow.
- Integrations – Nuclino seamlessly integrates with Slack, Google Drive, Figma, Lucidchart, and a wide range of other tools, helping you keep all your work in sync.
- Real-time collaboration.
- Users can add text, images, videos, files, tasks, embeds, code blocks, and more.
- Multiple views for any workflow – List view, Board view, Table view, Graph view.
- Find anything quickly with Instant search.
- Organize everything instantly with workspaces and collections.
- Simple, intuitive, and lightweight.
- Easily undo unwanted or accidental changes by restoring versions.
- Limited functionality for managing documentation.
- Not suitable for large organizations.
Acquire customer support software is an easy-to-use, multi-channel customer communication platform. It is ideal for businesses of all sizes. The software is equipped with the latest customer engagement options, particularly live chat, chatbot, cobrowsing, voice calls, and video chat to deliver high-quality support to your customers quickly and efficiently.
What is unique about Acquire?
- Customizable – one of the best things about this customer support software is that it is completely customizable according to your business needs. You can choose the apps that suit your requirements and use it just the way you want to.
- Chat routing and history – Acquire also gives you the option to track chat history for better information management. You can even route chats by tagging your team members for complex queries for which you don’t have an answer.
- Tracking – with Acquire you have the option to track various factors of performance like chat time periods, the total number of chats, demographics, and others.
- Automate responses – you can send messages proactively to customers based on their location, behavior, and various other factors.
- Data security – Acquire enables you to share PII (personally identifiable information) in an encrypted manner to ensure the complete safety of your data
- Video chat – you can switch to video chat for a better customer service experience from within your chat window.
- Acquire offers multiple support channels to support teams.
- You can deploy intelligent chatbots to be at the frontline.
- Offers live chat, voice calls, and video chat.
- Fastens the resolution time while giving customers a satisfying and engaging experience.
- Secure co-browsing.
- Workflows are easy to set up.
- Can be expensive for some teams and businesses.
- Video quality sometimes can get pixelated.
If you want to bring all your team together and deliver extraordinary customer support, Freshdesk is a tool that you can lean on. It comes with robust collaboration features that promote teamwork and help your team to work more efficiently. This online tool for collaboration allows you to invite team members, agents, or business partners to discuss and solve tickets at a single place. Additionally, there’s a customizable team dashboard that you can use to monitor all the customer support activities of your team.
What is unique about Freshdesk?
- Simplified ticketing – Freshdesk gives you an easy way to manage and organize your customer tickets so that things never slip through the cracks.
- Collaboration features – it also lets you share the ownership of tickets and collaborate with your team members for providing seamless customer support and service.
- Automation – Freshdesk leverages automation technology, allowing your team members to do away with repetitive tasks.
- Reporting – advanced reporting and tracking system in Freshdesk ensures that you can make data-driven decisions in the future.
- Security – Freshdesk employs top security measures and SSL encryptions to ensure that all your data is completely safe as a house.
- Modern and user-friendly design.
- Ease of usage.
- Rich on features customer service platform.
- Advanced workflow automation.
- Easy integration with other Freshworks products.
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
- Prioritize, categorize, and assign tickets.
- Hard to configure.
- Limited automation and rules.
- Basic dashboard with limited features.
Intercom is yet another interactive collaboration software that you and your team can use to boost sales, get better results from your marketing efforts, and provide excellent customer support. It comes with advanced automation technology that lets you set up resolution bots to resolve the most common customer issues without any human effort. The team inbox feature within Intercom makes it possible for your support team to continue conversations with customers that are actually taking place on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What is unique about Intercom?
- Real-time chat – as an interactive collaboration software, Intercom allows you to chat and communicate with your customers in real-time, or even follow up on conversations later.
- Chatbots – Intercom also allows you to automate your customer interactions with powerful sales and support chatbots and help take the extra burden off the shoulders of your team members.
- App integrations – it integrates with more than 250 apps and also gives you the option to build your own integrations as well.
- Desktop and mobile interface – with mobile apps for Intercom, you can be rest assured that the users are going to have a seamless experience interacting with your business.
- Easy to set up and install.
- Diverse knowledge base continually grows.
- Software easily integrates with your website or system.
- Analytics/ROI tracking.
- Automate conversations through chatbots.
- Enables prioritization of customer issues.
- Slow, unresponsive customer support.
- Quite expensive for smaller businesses.
Communication & Collaboration
8. Troop Messenger
Troop Messenger’s feature stack is functionally powerful, and flawless, and is the best slack alternative for team communication and collaboration. It can be considered as an apt tool for all sizes of organizations. The user navigation across this business chat application is promisingly seamless for any novice user. Its impressive and immersive user interfaces make each feature self-explanatory to the end-users. Troop Messenger is cross-platform enabled; it is available on Windows, Linux, Browser, Android, and iOS. Troop Messenger is coming up with an exceptional feature called an Orange Member. This feature enables non-company employees to be a part of the application with their public/private domain email id’s. Try out your hands-on the new-age business collaboration chat application, The Troop Messenger right away.
What is unique about Troopmessenger?
- One place for all your communications – Troop Messenger offers the option to carry out audio and video calling, along with voice messaging and chat messaging at one place to unify your communication efforts.
- An-app help – there is in-app help available for users to get answers to your How to and all your FAQs about using the app.
- Confidentiality – carry out private conversations that are not stored anywhere. Set a time stipulated time period for your chats and keep them confidential.
- Screen sharing – you can share your screen with others in your team for a better understanding of the tasks and work in real time.
- File sharing – using Troop Messenger you can also share files instantly and easily across individuals as well as groups.
- Search – Troop Messenger gives you the option to carry out a Global Search as well as a Text Search, along with advanced search filters for easy and quick information retrieval.
- Facilitates real-time communication.
- One-on-one or Group audio and video calling.
- You can share text files, PDFs, PPTs, images, videos, and URLs across 1:1 and group chats.
- End-to-End encryption.
- Remote screen sharing.
- Role-based access controls.
- Limited integrations.
- Steep learning curve.
Chanty is another great online collaboration platform for your business messenger. It helps teams foster healthy relationships while improving the way team members collaborate. Make your team communication transparent and accessible. By featuring instant messages with plenty of storage space, an unlimited searchable history, and handy file sharing you can enjoy seamless communication with your teams.
What is unique about Chanty?
- Chanty integrations transform a simple team messenger into a powerful business tool.
- The artificial intelligence powering Chanty team messenger uses machine learning to predict responses.
- Super fast desktop and mobile apps with a clean and intuitive interface.
- Chanty lets you communicate with your team via high-quality audio and video calls that will be available in the public beta.
- Public and private conversations
- A wide range of collaboration tools to help you collaborate with your team.
- Workflow management.
- Integrates with various apps and software.
- Suitable for businesses of any size and type.
- Full-featured apps for Android and iOS
- Straightforward user interface
- Free version with limitations
- The app gets slow at times
What is unique about Internxt?
- Private – No first or third-party access to your data ever.
- Secure – All data stored and shared is end-to-end encrypted before ever leaving your device.
- Open-source – Internxt’s code is open-sourced and available for independent verification on GitHub.
- Sharing limits – Ability to limit the number of times a file can be shared.
- Ethical – Champion of user-first policies protecting users’ right to privacy.
- Integration – Internxt is available on all devices and is compatible with Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, and Apple iCloud.
- Generous free trial – 10GB of fully-featured storage for free forever.
- Good and comprehensive manual.
- Outstanding support community.
- Secure and user-friendly cloud storage.
- Good customer support.
- Apps to access your files from any device.
- Lacking collaboration and productivity features.
- Lack of features in a cloud storage service.
- No file versioning.
Nextiva’s small business VoIP solution is perfect for businesses looking to collaborate with customers, prospects, and colleagues effortlessly. The platform offers full business phone service capabilities with advanced features such as local phone numbers, call pop, automated greetings, voicemail-to-email, SMS text messaging, mobile apps, HD hold music, and more. Best of all, companies can make unlimited calls using the Nextiva platform and port their existing phone number over to Nextiva if they so choose. Nextiva comes at great value and has been ranked the #1 business communications platform by experts such as Gartner, GetVoIP, and more.
What is unique about Nextiva?
- Quick collaboration – Nextiva allows you to communicate with team members via audio and video calls, giving you the option to carry out quick and meaningful conversations as per your requirements.
- Unlimited texting – you also get the option to send unlimited text messages to and from your business phone number using this VoIP system.
- Call forwarding and auto attendant – to streamline call routing, Nextiva offers an auto attendant feature. You can also forward your calls to the office phone and better handle the call traffic.
- Voicemail to email – you can even listen to voicemails and call recordings from your email account using this powerful app (desktop as well as mobile)
- Put calls in the queue – with Nextiva you also get the feature of call queuing that allows you to turn call waiting, call forwarding and voicemail on for all the incoming calls to your business.
- Highly customizable auto-attendant.
- Stable call quality and service.
- Proactive customer support.
- Advanced call management.
- Call routing.
- Voicemail transcription.
- Inbuilt CRM software.
- Poor mobile app support.
- Expensive pricing.
- Confusing interface.
Flock is a seamless and easy way of communication with teams that increases team productivity by reducing emails. No longer will you have to waste your time on meetings as you can discuss ideas on Flock chat. Being one of the best online collaboration tools for business, you can connect with your team on messages, and video calls, manage projects with to-dos, group discussions, polls, and reminders, and integrate your favorite apps.
What’s unique about Flock?
- You can add a to-do right to your account. To-do lists can be personal or collaborative.
- Flock gives you read-only channels which allow for certain kinds of organizational information, such as HR rules or updates from a legal department to have a dedicated place in a team messaging app.
- You can migrate a Slack account to Flock without losing a history of conversations just because you want to use a different tool.
- Flock helps you connect to apps that are not supported by turning to IFTTT or Zapier.
- Supports lots of integrations.
- Full-featured messaging.
- Audio-Video conferencing.
- Productivity tools.
- File sharing.
- Communication management.
- Search functionality.
- To-do list, Reminders, and Project notes.
- Less file format support in file sharing mode.
- No private or voice note option on this platform.
Fleep is a messenger built for ultimate project collaboration. It keeps away the countless threads of email and makes chatting with team members easy. You should give Fleep a try as it supports dynamic communication with your colleagues from other companies, or within your company, sharing files and making audio and video calls.
What is unique about Fleep?
- Task management — Fleep has lightweight task management built into the software for ultimate project collaboration.
- Pinboard – Pin important messages to the side of each conversation
- Sharing files and integration with Google Hangouts
- Audio video calling and screen sharing – you can discuss things on a call.
- Set yourself a reminder – You can do this with the IFTTT integration.
- Streamlines task management.
- Easy to set up and organize conversations.
- Open-source communication and seamless file sharing.
- Users can convert text into tasks while discussing projects.
- Making a to-do list while brainstorming or debating.
- Impressive integrations.
- Voice call quality takes a dip sometimes.
- Some problems with cross-device compatibility.
Slack is the foundation of teamwork and shared understanding across your team. It helps you communicate and collaborate without emails by setting a standard for online team communication. Millions of people are using Slack to bring their teams together and drive their businesses forward.
What’s unique about slack?
- Find answers you need: Slack builds a platform to have team conversations, make decisions, and put knowledge in everyone’s hands.
- Streamlines your workflow: Slack has an open API to keep your team coordinated and working faster within the context of your conversations. Slack apps go where you like to work: in a web browser, synced to your desktop, and portable on a smartphone or tablet.
- Search: You can search for all Slack content from one search box including conversations, files, links, and even content that’s integrated with Google Drive or tweets.
- Integrate Slack with other services: Connection with other services like Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Twitter, Asana, Trello, and others can be pulled into conversations.
- Pinning important messages saves time from scrolling and finding important information.
- Advanced search option helps you find information quickly.
- Set reminders and stay on top of everything.
- Facilitates both internal and external communication.
- Allows integration with file management tools like Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Easy to access both on desktops and mobile phones.
- Can be addictive like social media apps.
- Offers limited storage space.
Mockplus is the one-stop product design platform that allows product teams to create website or mobile app projects online smoothly from wireframing to design handoff. It can also be used as a powerful project management tool to manage projects and design tasks in a breeze.
What’s unique about Mockplus
For product teams that need to make all projects under control can enjoy many great management features:
- Organize and manage projects in hierarchical folders
- Manage all projects and members with role-based permissions
- Create, track and manage all design tasks easily, even at a quick glance
As a powerful online design tool, you and your team can enjoy many design features like:
- Create high-fidelity wireframes or prototype online with drag-and-drop
- Import designs and assets by plugins from Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma and Ps
- Real-time commenting, specs, develop handoff
- Easy to use and low learning curve.
- Huge library of elements (200) and icons(3,000) for many different devices.
- Create interactive prototypes with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Online collaboration streamlines the design process.
- You can markup your designs with comments and notes.
- Lack of support documentation.
- No support for gesture-based interaction.
Managing remote teams is super EASY with ProofHub! Start your free trial today and keep everyone on the same page!
The better collaboration will result in better designs. Viewflux is a tool designed for small businesses and remote workers, allowing you to see all of your projects in one place. You can now communicate with your clients visually and get visual feedback so that all stakeholders are on the same page throughout the design process. You can sync your designs from Dropbox and do the changes.
What is unique about Viewflux:
- Create interactive prototypes from static designs
- Communicate with your clients visually, directly on top of designs
- Manually add design revisions
- Create clickable prototypes from your designs and seamlessly collaborate with clients.
- Unlimited files can be uploaded and no email attachment limitations.
- Real time presentation and discussion enables using arrow, spot or rectangular hotspot.
- Feedback turns into a to-do task.
- Older design versions can be saved later and even restored.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously can be confusing.
- Less interactive.
Canva is a simple graphic design tool to make visual content look decent. You can make unique designs in just a few minutes and share them with your team. Collaborating with teams is much easier with anva. Designers can share their designs with anyone and other team members can leave their comments. Pick from thousands of layouts for your designs and also create your custom template.
What is unique about Canva:
- Crop your photos for great framing and masterful composition
- Access to over 8000 templates
- Team administrative controls
- Create stunning designs with the best graphics, photos, and fonts
- Even a non-designer can learn to design using Canva.
- Very simple to use and user-friendly.
- Offers a wide range of inbuilt social media templates.
- Several effects to enhance photos.
- Access 75+ million photos and videos and 420,000+ templates with the Canva Pro plan.
- Drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to work with photos, templates, videos, and fonts.
- You cannot create unique elements.
- It can take a lot of time to learn its array of features.
Sketch app aims mainly at professionals in web design as it has become a complete tool for UX design deliverables. It takes the pain out of working with repeated design elements so that designers can design once and use it anywhere. You can find some nested symbols in Sketch to create flexible design elements with ease.
What is unique about Sketch:
- Intuitive interface and an expansive plugin ecosystem
- Link Artboards, add simple animations, and turn static screens into clickable prototypes
- Create, update, and share designs in one place
- Offers world-class pixel precision, vector editing, export presets, prototyping
- Easy to use, high fidelity.
- Massive user-created plugins to enhance Sketch in almost every way possible.
- Seamless integration with other design software.
- Design linting built-in to make sure everything is connected to a style.
- Users can work offline on any locally stored files.
- Flawless PDF import.
- Inflexible styles can make redesigning and rebranding an awful, lengthy experience.
- Lack of live collaboration features within the app.
- Only runs on MacOS.
Adobe is an in-one UX/UI solution for designing websites, mobile apps, and more. Adobe XD is designed for both Mac and windows and is a part of the creative cloud. Designers can connect it with their favorite tools like Dropbox, Avocode, and others. This collaboration tool allows designers to switch from static layouts to interactive prototypes in a single click.
What is unique about Adobe:
- Manage documents and track the ones you’ve shared across desktop, mobile, and web
- Change text and formatting, edit lists, and add, rotate, and resize images
- Apply PDF passwords and permissions
- Fill forms faster with automatic tool selection
- track status, send reminders, cancel requests, replace signers
- Extremely competitive entry price.
- You don’t have to keep paying for upgrades.
- Per-device licenses and per-named-stoner licenses help to keep costs under control.
- Sheer number of designing tools.
- Easy cropping and resizing.
- Integrated stock library.
- Easy to use photo correction.
- Downloads are not movable from computer to computer.
- Slow upgradation of the app.
InVision is a comprehensive prototyping software and very useful collaboration software for designing user interfaces for mobile applications and digital interactive products. The tool allows users to collaborate, upload wireframes, designs, gather feedback seamlessly and test much more effectively and efficiently. With InVision, you can manage your projects from a single dashboard and seamlessly navigate the entire design process in one place. The clients can provide instant feedback in the form of comments.
What is unique about InVision:
- Create rich interactive prototypes
- Seamlessly communicate, gather feedback, and move projects forward
- Intuitive vector-based drawing and flexible layers
- Navigate the entire design process in one place keeping everyone notified of changes
- Code-free design prototyping UI tools.
- Real-time meetings and whiteboarding.
- Intuitively designed and easy to use for people of all technical levels.
- Optimized onboarding flow.
- Multi-use interactive prototypes.
- Designed for everyone; from freelancers to global corporations.
- Streamlines the back-and-forth process of sending PDFs or screenshots of mockups.
- Expensive for larger teams.
- Doesn’t permit real-time editing.
ONE by TemplateMonster is a valuable subscription service that provides users with a multitude of high-quality products and web-design tools. When you become a part of this service, you get access to a bunch of ready-made solutions – from themes designed for popular CMS to HTML templates, various extensions, and graphics. As you can understand, everything you need for your next online project is already waiting for you. Each of them can be downloaded freely and used without any limitations. By the way, it is possible to effectively cut your time (you could spend on mastering your websites) using extra services provided by the team.
What is unique about One:
- Unlimited options – themes, plugins, templates, stock images, and whatnot, One is truly the one-stop shop for everything that you need for your web development and creative needs.
- No licence – just pay once and use the entire bouquet of services offered by One for the entire year, without having to worry about licenses of per-service fees.
- Discounts – by subscribing for this service, you become eligible for availing discounts of up to 50% on TemplateMonster products.
- Draftium Pro Mockup Tool – you also get access to this premium mockup tool for free for an entire year.
- Special deals – besides this you also get an opportunity to avail special deals and discounts on web hosting services.
- Download unlimited digital products for your creative projects.
- Each product comes with a lifetime license.
- 24/7 support and help.
- Weekly product releases.
- The end product continues to work after the license is over.
- Different services to improve your workflow.
- You cannot download your favorite products once your license expires.
- Paid technical support for customization and installation services can be expensive for beginners.
Video conferencing tool
Skype is an instant messaging and calling app and is one of the popular project collaboration tools. It allows audio and video calls between multiple devices like one on the laptop and the other on phone. Bring your teams together through group video calls and give great presentations online with the help of screen sharing. You can make free or low-cost calls locally or internationally.
What’s unique about Skype?
- Stay in touch with people all over the world for free with voice and video calls, text messages, and screen sharing.
- Group calls. Get a group of people together on one call – you can add up to 25 people.
- Notifications based on mentions
- With voicemail, you record a personal greeting in your own voice
- Free Skype-to-Skype voice/video calls.
- Instant messaging and group chat.
- Real-time translation of voice or video calls.
- Record and share your screen, save the meeting, and record voice calls.
- Live subtitles in 11 languages.
- Intuitive navigation and everything is labeled.
- It is memory intensive in web browsers as well as Android applications.
- Raised prices of international calls.
Google has been making progress in the field of collaboration. Hangouts is a collaboration tool for business communication that offers voice and video calling to users. With Hangout chat, you can create chat rooms to quickly chat and share files with team members. The team can communicate by direct messaging and be connected always.
What’s unique about Hangout?
- Register your call or conference on YouTube
- Manage your Circles to launch calls quickly
- Collaborative working via Hangouts and Google Doc
- Works well for users who need a simple and free communication tool.
- Seamlessly integrates with other Google Workspace apps.
- Offers instant messaging, voice calling, and video calling.
- Unclear product offerings confuse potential customers.
- Limited functionality makes it extremely basic for personal use.
Next collaboration software for businesses is GoTo Meeting. GoToMeeting also comes with dozens of useful tools, easy-to-use Web-conferencing solution, to get you started immediately.
What’s unique about GoToMeeting?
- Screen sharing, Web audio, a dial-in conference line, drawing tools and the ability to record meetings.
- With GTM your remote team has no need to go anywhere for meetings.
- HD-quality video is perfect for conducting webinars and hosting conferences.
- Essential IT support features keep everyone connected.
- Secure video conferencing.
- Award-winning 24/7 customer support.
- Users have complete control over the equipment of a participant.
- Real-time document collaboration.
- Record meetings as it happens.
- Unstable call-in process.
- Premium features can be expensive for some users.
WebEx is for businesses that rely heavily on meetings that need a full-featured communications software solution. It offers much secure team workspaces in the cloud. With WebEx, businesses can streamline their businesses and help solve real human problems.
What’s unique about WebEx?
- HD video conferences with collaboration and file-sharing capabilities.
- WebEx mobile app for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry.
- Get your own personalized meeting room
- Simple user interface.
- High-definition audio and visual quality.
- Stream live meetings on social media channels.
- Record meetings and make it available for offline use.
- Users can easily share their desktops.
- Quick and easy to change presenters and create whiteboards.
- Minimal utilization of internet data.
- Allows only maximum attendees up to 3000.
- Recorded meetings can take a lot of storage space in your device.
Stay connected anywhere with Join.me by hosting a free meeting or joining a meeting. Join.me has a modern interface that’s very easy to use and plenty of features to enhance your online meetings.You will completely get value for the money you are investing in this collaboration tool.
What’s unique about join.me?
- Share your screen with participants on audio and video at the same time.
- Customize your meeting link to whatever you want.
- Meeting scheduler with Outlook plugin and Google Calendar Plugin
- Flexible and user-friendly interface.
- Invite participants using simple and automated email messages.
- Centralizes all your data.
- Real-time collaboration.
- Policy and permission management.
- No in-meeting ads for viewers.
- Whiteboard only available on iOS devices.
- Lite plan doesn’t offer webcam feeds.
Zoom is a leading modern enterprise video communication software with a reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing. This video conferencing tool enables you to attend a meeting from your desktop, mobile device, or conference room.
What’s unique about Zoom
- Loaded with features like high definition sound and visual quality, voice detection, seamless screen sharing, group collaboration and much more
- applicable across various platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems
- Up to 100 interactive video participants can engage with an unlimited audience in live virtual events
- Ability to host large audiences.
- Stream meetings/webinars on Facebook.
- You can hold unlimited 40-minute long meetings for no charge.
- Fully compatible with Google Calendar support.
- Scalable for small, medium, and large enterprises.
- Easy to join meetings with a simple click on the link.
- Too many subscriptions and add-ons.
- Lack of control over comments.
ClickMeeting is a browser-based web conferencing tool that comes along with dynamic features. It is mainly used to make webinars more effective and online meetings more collaborative. You can connect seamlessly with others regardless of location and operating system. Overall, ClickMeeting is a perfect tool that fosters effective communication and collaboration.
What’s unique about ClickMeeting
- Easily engage your audience and allow more room for interaction.
- Offers high-quality and live seminars
- View and export detailed info and derive useful predictions and trends
- Share screen and videos with other attendees
- Getting started is hassle-free and only takes a moment
- Simultaneous chat translation.
- Screen sharing capabilities.
- Automated webinars.
- Easy preparation and invitation options.
- Customized branding.
- Excellent data-tracking features.
- Run an unrestricted number of surveys and polls.
- Lack of phone support hotline.
- Maximum 10-hour storage capacity.
Bit is a smart all-in-one document collaboration platform for teams to create interactive documents, manage digital content and track document insights. In this documentation software, team members can invite colleagues accordingly depending on who they need to collaborate with to get work done.
What is unique about Bit.ai:
- Create team notes, meetings, meeting agendas, proposals and much more
- Select from a variety of templates and themes
- Add any web link into a blank line in Bit and hit enter
- Add links to any PDF, PPT or spreadsheet on the cloud from Google Drive, Box and OneDrive
- Receive real-time alerts when someone opens your smart document
- End-to-end solution for organizing and managing your documents.
- Easy to navigate.
- Integrates with more than 100 applications.
- Lifetime free version.
- Multiple support channels.
- Limited formatting.
- Limited phone support.
- No free trial.
What is unique about Hiver?
- Simplify email assignment: With Hiver, team leads and managers can assign emails as tasks in just a click, without having to forward these emails around.
- Track email status in real-time: Hiver enables team leads to stay on top of every email query, till the point of resolution. You can find out in real-time if an email is yet to be picked up, work in progress, or has been resolved.
- Collaborate internally via Email Notes: Team members get to collaborate, sync up, and run discussions via Email Notes that are attached to an email thread. You can, therefore, completely do away with sending internal emails that only add to inbox clutter.
- Automate repetitive tasks: By using Hiver’s automations, teams can create specific workflows that save them a ton of time and effort. For instance, any email with ‘invoice’ in the subject line can be automatically assigned to someone from the finance team.
- Collaborative inbox for teams.
- Shared notes and templates.
- Track and create customer emails.
- SLA monitoring helps deliver excellent customer service.
- Collision alerts ensure multiple users don’t work on the same emails.
- High pricing can be expensive for some customers.
- For some clients, the functions of Hiver may not be enough.
31. Google Docs
Google docs is another simple way of collaborating with a small or big team. You can easily share, edit, and eventually, publish documents of all kinds, making spreadsheets and presentations. Everything here is for free and easy to use. And once you have set the offline mode on your Google docs, you will not need an internet connection to use the docs.
What is unique about Google Docs:
- Easily create and edit documents online
- Format documents with Google Fonts typefaces, images, tables, and more
- Import Word documents and export in Word and PDF formats
- Collaborate and co-edit docs remotely
- Work with others concurrently.
- Changes made go live instantly.
- The document owner retains control of the file.
- Access your docs from any device.
- Can be used for PDF file versions.
- Inbuilt grammatical error check.
- Limited features.
32. Microsoft Office online
Office online is Microsoft’s free version where you get the core of Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Onenote. However, all the features are not available for free but it is quite in the budget. The basic documentation and editing tools are available on the free version and will suit your needs just fine. Save documents, and presentations, communicate, collaborate, and get great work done.
What is unique about Office Online:
- Get the latest office apps both desktop apps – both the desktop and online versions
- Makes the work you do available to you from anywhere
- Available on desktop, tablet, and phone
- It is similar to the desktop versions of Microsoft Office applications.
- Completely free.
- Can be accessed from any device.
- Office Online will run on everything, from Linux PCs and Chromebooks to iPads and Android tablets.
- The tool saves your document to your Microsoft OneDrive storage online.
- Collaboration features in the web-based version.
- Missing some key features.
- Don’t work when you don’t have an Internet connection.
The key to success of any project is how good is the process of documentation. GitHub is built for teams to work together through problems, and learn from each other along the way. On GitHub you can manage your chaos along with writing code. You can also do longer documentation for wikis on GitHub to present in-depth information about your project.
What is unique about GitHub:
- Set roles and expectations without starting from scratch
- Built-in review tools make code review easier and faster
- Moderation tools, like issue and pull request locking, help your team stay focused on code
- Create well-maintained docs and make sure they receive the high level of care they deserve
- The tool supports Markdown for issue tracking, user comments, wikis, etc.
- Lets you convert one or several files into a working git repository.
- Great for remote collaboration.
- Serves as a multi-solution backup plan.
- You can archive your projects and share them with your peers for either inspiration or for them to collaborate on.
- GitHub pages allow you to get started quickly without worrying about setting up hosting or DNS.
- Offers some of the best documentation around.
- Element of security risk since it’s cloud-based.
- Pricing plans can be expensive for some users.
Toggl is one of the best collaboration tools with a no-hassle time tracking software. You can better take control of your time, boost productivity and increase revenue with Toggl. It integrates with tens of different project management tools and makes the project manager’s life a lot easier.
What’s unique about Toggl?
- Log time anywhere on the web – Connect your timer more than 100 web tools via browser extension and track time anywhere.
- Instant overview of your billable time and team progress
- Real-time time entries and collaboration
- Automatically notify your team when they’ve forgotten to log hours, schedule their reports straight to your inbox
- Offline time tracking & mobile functionalities
- Integration with your favorite productivity tools
- Available on all platforms, a wide range of features.
- Generous free tire of service and integration with other apps.
- Visually appealing reports.
- Simple onboarding process.
- Built-in Pomodoro timer.
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- A limited number of tags.
- No client invoicing or payroll features.
Clockodo is an online time tracking software for small and medium enterprises that records users’ work, helps to collaborate and provides reports. Your employees can track working hours online, quickly, simply, and reliably.
What’s unique about Clockodo?
- Oversee resources – You can evaluate your scheduled and actual working hours.
- The faster issue of invoices – Use automatically generated time sheets to bill your projects faster and more accurately.
- clockodo does not divulge any data to third parties and complies with German data protection regulations.
- SSL encryption is used in all communications.
- Neatly laid out user interface with everything well organized.
- You are not required to give your credit card information when your free trial is over.
- SSL encryption ensures all data and communication is managed safely and securely.
- API interface enables users to customize the platform as per their needs.
- Compatible with mobile applications allowing you to use time tracking in any project you undertake.
- You can protect your information thanks to the possibility of keeping backup copies.
- Application lag sometimes.
TimeCamp is equipped with quite a considerable amount of features. It has timesheet integration to track and bill time spent on projects. Teams all over the world can easily track without the headache of timesheets.
What’s unique about TimeCamp?
- Easily billable hours tracking
- TimeCamp is equipped with quite a considerable amount of features
- TimeCamp is integrable with PayPal, enabling users to track their payments for issued invoices on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to track time from mobile apps, desktop, and web.
- Several integrations with popular business software.
- Invoicing tools streamline tracking billable hours.
- Create tasks and projects in TimeCamp.
- You can self-correct any distracting habits and use your time more productively.
- Unorganized project interface.
- The mobile app could be better.
Timely is an automation time tracking tool and best collaboration tool that is of great value for individuals in project development. With Timely, your schedule is your timer. Timely is beautifully designed to lay out your scheduled activity next to your actual activity.
What’s unique about Timely?
- Timely different combines scheduling and time tracking in one place
- Timely allows you to set budgets for your projects and automatically deducts employee hours from that budget.
- Memory aims to ensure you know exactly how you spend your time, with the goal of maximizing efficiency.
- Ideal for different types of businesses.
- Invoicing, payment support, automated email and SMS reminders.
- Self-explanatory and simple to use.
- Easy to review calendar.
- Easy access from any device.
- An in-depth analytical reporting engine.
- Fantastic support team.
- Unintuitive menu layouts.
- Expensive premium tier version.
Harvest is a web-based time-tracking tool that harnesses the power of time-tracking and online collaboration in the most effective manner. It is a robust and easy-to-use time-tracking application that easily integrates with iOS, Android, and even Apple Watch. It also supports a resource planning tool that helps you schedule future projects and assign team members based on capacity.
What’s unique about Harvest
- Harvest makes it easy to track time and expenses
- Submit timesheets, track billable, non-billable hours and send invoices
- Intuitive visual reports to keep projects on track
- Simple and flexible time tracking app.
- The mobile app makes work convenient.
- Seamless invoice payments.
- Billable time tracking.
- Team scheduling and resource planning.
- Team performance tracking.
- Lack of sales tax integration.
- Missing batch-assign functionality.
ClickTime is one of those time tracking tools that will be particularly helpful for programmers, engineers, and professionals working in IT department. With timesheets in ClickTime, you can increase project visibility, reduce costs, and stay on projects. They also help you reveal new insights, understand patterns, employee performance – all from a simple timesheet!
What’s unique about ClickTime
- On-demand reports surface key metrics and progress against organizational goals
- Instantly know which projects are over or under budget
- Approve timesheets, time off, and billable hours with ease
- Easily uncover what’s working, what’s not and where things can be improved
- Track time on your phone and laptop to manage budgets and plan employee time
- Extensive time reports are easy to understand.
- Time tracking syncs to timesheets, providing real-time updates.
- Simplicity and ease of use.
- You can predict the profitability of your business.
- Efficient allocation of team’s work hours.
- Improved productivity through analysis of where employee time is spent.
- Can be difficult to manage multiple clients.
- Not visually appealing.
With so many distractions around, RescueTime helps you to prioritize your work so you can focus and be more productive. It is a personal analytics service that shows you how you spend your time and provides tools to help you be more productive.
What’s unique about RescueTime
- Gives you detailed reports and data based on your activity
- Lets you block distracting websites for a certain period of time
- Log highlights about what you accomplished during the day
- Runs securely in the background on your computer and mobile devices
- Array of activity-tracking capabilities.
- Users can block distracting websites.
- Goal-setting properties and task-tracking attributes.
- Flexible enough to offer different data forms.
- Progress monitoring.
- Track offline activities.
- Mobile apps need work.
- Lack of scheduling.
File sharing tools
Dropbox is a simple and powerful way to keep your team on sync. Its business version allows more space (1 terabyte, or enough to store 250 movies) and more features and higher sharing limits. You can sync your Dropbox content to ProofHub for managing tasks and projects. Send files and folders and keep your work safe in Dropbox.
What’s unique about DropBox?
- Share files and folders with others in order to collaborate.
- Send links via email or chat messages and access your documents easily from anywhere on any device.
- Safely sync them across all your devices.
- Dedicated live support.
- Use it anywhere, on any device.
- Basic features are effortless to use.
- Secure and Backup your files.
- Offline capabilities.
- Real-time collaboration capabilities.
- Limited storage for free users.
- Costly pricing.
With OneDrive your team can share can store photos, documents, videos and all file types. You can store, sync and access your files anytime, anywhere on the web. OneDrive, an online collaboration platform allows you and your colleagues to collaborate with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote from your desktop, mobile device, and the web. Now work seamlessly with tools you use every day to create, communicate and collaborate effectively with your system.
What is unique about OneDrive?
- OneDrive has a program that organizes your information and puts you in control of Versioning, Content Approval, Workflows and other.
- OneDrive supplies users with up to 1TB of storage space for a very affordable rate.
- With OneDrive you can use it as a cloud storage system
- OneDrive offers Android and iOS apps to ensure agents can use it even when not in the office.
- Ease of access.
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- Intuitive file sharing.
- Access controls.
- Bandwidth limiting.
- Files on demand.
- Privacy blindspots.
- Data vulnerability.
- Special character limitations.
- Limited backup functionality.
WeTransfer keeps your things simple, transfer your files from A to B using a web browser service. You can also personalize the way you share your files, and take your story to amazing places with captivating ideas.
What is unique about WeTransfer:
- Customizable backgrounds, URLs, and emails
- Long-term storage
- Large-size file transfers in on go
- Password protected transfers
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality.
- Share large files for free.
- Integrations with apps like Slack, Sketch, and Thunderbird.
- Quick and simple file sharing.
- Intuitive design.
- Access files from any device with a browser.
- No encryption option for free users.
- Password protection for paid users only.
File sharing with DropSend offers unlimited bandwidth for sharing and receiving files. You just have to browse to the folder you want to share and share it with whomever you want to. For group file sharing, business plan is also available.
What is unique about Dropsend:
- Send large files of up to 8 GB
- Available with 256-bit AES Security
- No software to install
- Back up all your files online
- No restrictions on file size to be sent.
- Designed to work smoothly with all devices including Windows, Mac, and mobile devices.
- Easy to use and highly secure.
- A built-in address book for ease of use.
- A white-label file transfer solution for business plan users.
- Flexible file-sending options.
- Application is slow at times.
- Limited access for free account users.
Hightail serves two primary purposes: online file sharing and creative collaborative features. This cloud service is designed to help teams to manage projects from start to finish, share images, send large files, videos, PDFs, and more with other team members. With this online collaboration software, teams can easily collaborate on files and protect data shared with clients. As the clients are in the loop, they can provide feedback on files anytime and all the changes can be tracked easily. The collaborative platform aims to eliminate sharing files through emails, where most of the miscommunications can occur.
What’s unique about Hightail
- Recipients get notified whenever a file is shared with them
- Send and track delivery of files up to 100GB
- Collect precise feedback in one place
- Sync files from Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox
- A wide range of security features for sharing files.
- Provides confirmation of document delivery.
- Simple file-syncing.
- Supports basic collaboration on visual files.
- Electronic document signature feature.
- Shared files are securely encrypted.
- Functionality fragmented across multiple apps.
- Limited collaboration.
- Doesn’t show file size when uploading.
Wimi is an online collaboration software that enables powerful team collaboration in full-featured dedicated workspaces.
What’s unique about Wimi?
- Centralize documents, calendars, discussions, and tasks. Keep all your business processes in sync.
- Enhance productivity, improve internal communication, and collaborate in real-time.
- Have your own personal space in the cloud and configure it with your colors and brand.
- keep control over each team member’s access with Wimi advanced access rights management.
- Document sharing and synchronization.
- Calendar synchronization.
- Access rights management.
- Easy to share and manage content.
- Access Wimi via any device anytime. Even if you are offline.
- Task and project management.
- Some features are complicated.
- Quality of video calls could improve.
SugarSync is a cloud file-sharing, file sync, and online backup service that is simple, powerful, and easy to use. It makes it easy to access all your folders across any of your devices, making it easy to get things done while giving you the peace of mind that your important files are always protected.
What’s unique about SugarSync
- enables you to backup your existing folder structure
- Access folders instantly from other PCs or mobile devices
- Secure and quick file sharing
- Synchronizes any folders on your computer.
- Continuous file updating.
- File explorer and Finder integration.
- Supports an unlimited number of devices per account.
- Generous link bandwidth.
- Live chat support.
- No simultaneous co-editing capabilities.
Box is a file-sharing service that helps you create, edit, review, and share documents from anywhere in real time. As files are stored in the cloud so you can access, edit, and share them from any device. In Box, you get 10 GB of storage and 250 MB file-upload limit. It is trusted by more than 50,000 organizations across the world.
What’s unique about Box
- Secure file upload, viewing, and sharing
- Uses protection measures like customer-managed encryption, granular permissions, and mobile security
- Complies with data retention and regulatory policies
- Easily integrable with third-party apps such as Slack, IBM, G Suite and more
- Great for secure storage of files of any size.
- Excellent customer service.
- Easy to set up.
- Access control.
- Granular permissions.
- Version history.
- Integrates with many third-party services.
- Can be slow when sharing large files.
- Steep learning curve.
Citrix Sharefile is a good collaboration solution for storing and sharing files that are built for businesses. There is no file-size restrictions and allows to share files with clients and colleagues professionally.
- ShareFile has an interface that is simple and very intuitive.
- Roles & Permissions for organized access.
- ShareFile organizes files and tracks changes.
- Bulletproof security and the compulsory SSL/TLS connection and 256-bit encryption.
- Applicability in various industries for both SMBs and enterprises.
- Simple user interface.
- Unlimited storage.
- Automated file syncing with a local device.
- Drag-and-drop desktop widget.
- Custom branding.
- Good customer support.
- Multi-factor authentication
- No commenting.
- Online editing requires a separate paid subscription.
The pocket is for your teams to save directly from your browser or apps to view later. You can save articles, videos, and almost anything into Pocket to view them later on any device. You do not even need an internet connection to view it later.
What is unique about Pocket:
- Save articles, videos, and stories from any publication, page, or app
- Jump into something you’ve already saved even if you’re offline
- Organize saved items in Pocket with tags
- Integrates with 1000+ apps to automate work
- iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Kobo, and Web apps available
- You can share articles to multiple social networks with a single click.
- The clean layout of the app makes reading fun.
- Multiple ways to save content, including a keyboard shortcut.
- Users can access content offline.
- Easily discover related content.
- Reading time estimates.
- Limited scope.
- Images occasionally don’t display properly.
Keep your and your team’s best ideas always with you and in sync. Evernote tool is a collaboration tool for businesses that make it possible to share your ideas with a large team. You can capture, organize and share notes from anywhere. The teams can give their best ideas and knowledge in seconds and keep everything in one place.
What is unique about Evernote:
- Capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists
- Plan, keep records, and manage projects from any device–even offline
- Type notes, add attachments, clip web pages, or record memos
- Use notebooks, tags, or our powerful search to find everything you need quickly
- Multi-device note sync.
- Top-tier organizational system.
- Powerful advanced search.
- Comprehensive formatting.
- Web clipper.
- Collaboration tool for productive teams.
- Not for brief tasks or short notes.
- Limitations of free plan.
Pinterest is a simple and social way for occasional browsers, for people who actively share their business blogs, and for those who pined away anything for their leisure to do it in a visually pleasing way. You can organize ideas and inspiration, save articles, visual content and go back to your boards anytime. You can have active boards or boards that are more than to-do lists, to save your favorites.
What is unique about Pinterest:
- Visual search feature to find specific items
- Use the Pinterest browser extension to save links to your boards
- Share pin, boards easily with Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and a text message
- Easy to drive traffic from Pinterest to external sites.
- Followers can only follow individual boards.
- Easy to share information.
- Comments are optional on Pinterest.
- All of the boards on Pinterest are optional boards.
- Conversion rates on Pinterest are typically higher.
- You can engage prospects in a wide variety of ways.
- Only caters to a specific audience.
- Difficulty to fully automate Pinterest.
MindMeister allows your team to plan projects, manage meetings and sketch out business plans. It allows teams to be more innovative by providing an environment for brainstorming as well as planning. You can choose from a plenty of templates that it has to organize work easy. And it also allows the user to share their mind maps with anyone they want in real time or make it public.
What is unique about MindMeister:
- Perfect tool for creative brainstorming alone or in a team
- capture, develop and share ideas visually
- Use maps to outline project plans, create business strategies, plan events
- View, edit and present your maps even on the go with mobile app for Android and iOS
- Easy to create mind maps.
- Easy to republish elsewhere.
- Brainstorming techniques nurture creativity and innovation.
- Capture and organize all your thoughts in one place.
- You can add pictures, notes, links, attachments, and tasks to your words.
- Export mind maps in PNG, PDF, or Word formats
- Difficult to use on phones because of the size of the text.
- Can’t create free-flowing maps.
Feeling disorganized? Organimi is the perfect organizational chart tool to help organize your workplace structure. Their focus is to help ease the creation of organizational charts by helping customers map out teams or project-based structures. You can choose from existing templates or start from scratch. It integrates with Active Directory, GSuite, and any other system that provides a excel file or CSV to allow for a seamless import for extensive contact lists. Features such as custom fields, colour-coding, and their legendary SmartChartTM legend allows you to jazz up your org chart so it fits in with your branding strategy.
What’s unique about Organimi
- Format & brand your chart with extensive colour & customization options
- Print and share your organizational charts without a hitch
- Keeps everyone across the organization readily updated
- Drag & drop functionality
- Visualize animations and transitions.
- Great user interface.
- Charts are easily updated and we can embed live charts on our internal staff website.
- Easy to copy as a new file and work from that template.
- Some hiccups when it comes to changing the style of the org chart.
Planable is a social media collaboration platform helping marketing teams work faster and better, together. Built with teams in mind, Planable offers marketers a better way to create, plan, review, and schedule content for the most popular social media networks. With real-time collaboration features and four types of approval workflows, Planable can work for teams of any size. Planable also offers a free plan. No credit card is required.
What is unique about Planable
- Multiple ways to view and plan posts: list, feed, grid, and calendar view.
- Collaboration happens in context, right next to the posts, via comments and replies.
- Four approval workflows: none, optional, required, and multi-level.
- Integrations with the most popular social media channels: TikTok, Google My Business, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Separate workspaces to keep content and people organized.
- Visual and easy-to-access media library to keep all your assets organized in one central location.
- What-you-see-is-what-you-get interface with instant, pixel-perfect previews.
- An intuitive design that mimics the feel and flow of social media.
- Easy to use functionalities.
- Multiple ways to view your feed.
- Set custom dates and use the calendar to upload the posts.
- Create posts and share on all social media platforms from a single platform.
- Phone app works quite well.
- Lack of analytics
- Hard to customize when posting bulk content.
What are online collaboration tools & Software?
Imagine managing teams from one part of the globe and your designer or writer or developer or marketing team sitting on the other side of the globe. How do you collaborate with your remote workers frequently and conveniently? How do you manage to get everyone on the same page and ensure that they get the latest updates of projects? It can be challenging for not only the remote business workers but also in-house teams to keep pace with the upcoming tasks. Thanks to online collaboration tools that help in managing small and big businesses and in managing the workflow.
There are plenty of collaboration tools in the market today. Online collaboration software is not made for just remote location workers but is also a valuable tool for any business that wants to be more efficient and effective. It empowers teams to optimize resources, execute projects, promote transparency and achieve unparalleled collaboration.
What are the exclusive features of an online collaboration tool and software?
There are several collaboration software available in the market today and each tool differs from the others in terms of features, usage, functionality, etc. However, there are some essential features that any top-rated online collaboration platform should offer to end users.
Online collaboration software with inbuilt task management functionality can help businesses and teams to create, allocate, and track tasks to further simplify processes. Smart task management brings clarity to job roles and responsibilities and ensures every individual has a clear understanding of what they are expected to work on, with whom, and when.
- Cloud-based file storage
Users should have a centralized location to store, organize, and collaborate on all their digital files and documents without relying on long email threads. Be it MS Word, Google Docs, PDF or other design elements, an online collaboration software with a dedicated file storage space can help users to quickly access the materials they need to edit and publish or forward them to other collaborators for reviewing and approval.
- Intuitive interface
Any good online collaboration tool should have a neat layout and an intuitive interface so users can effortlessly navigate through. Why should you settle for complex, difficult-to-use collaboration software that less-tech-savvy users might find overwhelming? Choose a platform that your team wants to use and is worth every dollar you invest on it.
- Real-time updates
To complete and deliver projects on time, it’s important for every team member to stay updated on all recent developments within the project. That’s why real-time updates are an important feature that should be in a collaboration platform. With users receiving real-time notifications on the web app, mobile app, and email, they will be in the loop and take timely necessary action when required.
- Online proofing
Remote work has become a new normal and the trend is likely to continue. With creative and design teams working from varied geographical locations, the online proofing feature helps them to quickly collaborate on files and documents for review, annotation, and approval. Collaborating on designs and other creative assets is as easy as sharing a link. This feature eliminates the need to use back-and-forth email chains, which takes up a lot of valuable work time.
- Instant messaging
Communication is the backbone of any business. Swift communication ensures the timely exchange of information between users from the same or different departments within the organization. Collaboration software with an inbuilt instant chat feature is of great use for those who want to exchange quick information along with sending GIFs, documents, files, and images.
What are the important benefits of collaboration tools and software for businesses and teams?
Businesses across all industries are deriving a wide range of benefits from online collaboration software and tools. That’s the reason The global team collaboration software market size was valued at USD 21.69 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% from 2022 to 2030.
Here are some benefits that are too good to ignore.
- Improved productivity. Timely communication and improved coordination on tasks result in skyrocketed productivity as teams are empowered with organized conversations and shared information.
- Enhanced project management. You cannot manage multiple projects simultaneously without using good collaboration software. The tool helps to schedule all the project planning stages and enables teams to make informed decisions by putting all project details in one place.
- Improved time utilization. 89% of workers admit to wasting time every day at work. For businesses, efficient utilization of time is crucial to yield desired productivity results. An online collaboration software with an inbuilt time-tracking tool can help project teams keep track of time spent on performing different tasks manually or using automatic timers. Also, users can set time estimates and start/due dates for tasks to give a clear timeline for the completion of tasks.
- Improved employee engagement. Engaged employees are a win-win situation for any company. Collaboration software encourages transparency within the teams and ensures fair, even workload to avoid overburdening people with a plethora of tasks. Collaboration apps improve team coordination which leads to less stress and more engagement among employees.
- Improved work organization. Unorganized work is a productivity killer. That’s why you need online collaboration software to streamline your work process and cut out irrelevant tasks. You can use features like Table view to organize your tasks according to priority. It will help you focus on high-priority tasks and complete them within set deadlines.
- Streamlined workflow of Agile teams. Collaboration software can streamline the workflow of Agile teams by allowing them to schedule daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and get instant feedback and real-time reports.
How do I choose a collaboration tool or Software?
Now as you know the importance of collaboration tools and some common-use tools, how do you choose one for your teams? Companies should choose software according to their needs and identify the best service for their team.
Prefer multiple features
Pick tools that offer excellent service and multiple features for team collaboration. Choosing multiple features will improve your work efficiency and allow people to use them in many different ways.
Easy to use
Nobody wants a complex structure to work. Make sure that the tool you use delivers services that do not take a lot of time to get used to and keep an eye out for an intuitive interface and simple navigation.
Prefer a cloud-based
Cloud-based technology is far better to others as you are saved from the headache of version controls. All information is stored online and you can access it from anywhere.
Check for integration
Integrations are key to convenient work. Look for tools that seamlessly integrate with some important tools and are also compatible with various devices.
So, pick one that brings out the best for your teams. These tools are increasingly making every kind of business likely to be successful.
In this digital age, collaboration is the name of the game. As physical office spaces and virtual workstations battle for supremacy, it’s important for businesses to keep their employees aligned on business goals.
Using feature-rich collaboration software is of great use for both in-office and remote teams. Using the tool, you can keep all your team members, stakeholders, and clients on the same page while encouraging organization, collaboration, and transparency within the organization.
The article features 55 of the best online collaboration tools and software available for teams of all sizes and businesses across various industries. Of all the tools mentioned above, ProofHub offers the best value for money in terms of the number of features offered, ease of usage, pricing, and overall user experience.
Stay together as a team with all-in-one online collaboration software – ProofHub. Start your free trial today!
What are the main uses of collaboration software?
Online collaboration software saves time, resources, improves productivity and communication, and encourages transparency while making employees more efficient and engaged.
What are the advantages of collaborative software?
Collaborative software allows teams and businesses to manage various aspects of work through a suite of advanced features, like Task management, Kanban boards, Online proofing, Gantt charts, etc,.
Why should I use online collaboration software & tools in 2023?
You should use online collaboration software in 2023 to ensure your team works in an organized, collaborative manner and focuses only on important tasks while achieving a fine work-life balance.
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.