Why are you looking for ClickUp alternatives? Isn’t ClickUp a good enough tool for your team’s collaboration and work management requirements?
Yes, ClickUp is one of the most popular cloud-based collaboration and project management software available today, but it is not built for every team. Of course, not every tool can be one-size-fits-all as teams’ requirements vary from project to project.
That said, you should not limit yourself to a particular tool if better replacements are available. That’s what this article is about; to inform readers about the most potent ClickUp alternatives you can invest in today.
Before we move on to discuss these tools, let us have a glimpse of ClickUp and some of its drawbacks.
Why use ClickUp when ProofHub offers you more ease of usage, affordability, simplicity, and efficiency? Start your free trial NOW!
Table of Contents
- 9 Powerful ClickUp Alternatives Worth Your Consideration
- What is ClickUp and what are its drawbacks?
- The Final Thought
9 Powerful ClickUp Alternatives Worth Your Consideration
If you’ve used ClickUp and found the tool wanting on your specific project management and team collaboration requirements, here are some of the best ClickUp alternatives to empower you and your team to manage your projects.
ProofHub ranks among the top ClickUp alternatives and is your best companion for efficiently organizing your work, coordinating with your team, and storing everything in one centralized location.
ProofHub allows you to choose how you want to see your data. The tool offers you the Table view, Board view, and Gantt view. You can see deadlines, assignees, and labels of every task, allowing you to filter jobs according to their priority.
ProofHub offers a simple and easy way to customize workflows and organize data according to your preference. You can also sort, filter, and group them to visualize better what’s happening in your workspace.
The tool is used and trusted by more than 85,000 teams and businesses worldwide, including NASA, Cricket Australia, Netflix, Nike, and Disney. ProofHub offers a suite of advanced team collaboration and project management features under one virtual roof, making it easier for project teams to manage all aspects of their work while collaborating seamlessly with others.
|“ProofHub has boosted our team’s performance and has allowed us to explore new horizons and enhance our productivity. I am so glad I chose ProofHub for my team as it has never disappointed me till date.”- Valtancoli Fabrice, client review|
Be it task management, time management, project tracking, or reporting, ProofHub gives you ultimate control over teams and projects from a single location as you can visualize all project-related information at a glance.
With ProofHub, you get to choose from 11 languages to set for your interface, while ClickUp only offers two languages. ProofHub is a pocket-friendly tool as it provides flat-rate, affordable pricing, while ClickUp offers a per-user pricing model, which might not be ideal for small businesses and teams.
ProofHub also aces ClickUp to offer excellent, professional customer support service. ProofHub’s customer support team exhibits top-notch professionalism while resolving customers’ queries. The group quickly responds and resolves any customer issues to ensure a hassle-free user experience.
Let’s take a look at some of the most powerful features that ProofHub has to offer to users.
Main features include:
- Online Proofing – Deliver error-free work with ProofHub’s online proofing tool. Collaborate on designs and documents, annotate and mark changes, generate approvals, and give effective feedback from wherever you are. Add clear and actionable feedback for specific regions, and mark them as resolved once changes are made.
- Task Management – ProofHub’s task management software offers a handy solution to project teams’ task allocation problems in one place. You can create, allocate, and monitor tasks in one place while ensuring clarity of job roles and responsibilities.
- Time Tracking – Make time management simpler with ProofHub’s efficient time tracking software. You can add multiple timesheets, set time estimates, track time manually or use timers, and create time reports of people and projects to improve time management, which eventually leads to increased productivity.
- Group Chat – Swift, prompt communication is key to any project team’s efficiency. ProofHub enables team members to exchange critical information within seconds by sending direct messages to each other. You can also add images, GIFs, emojis, and attach files to conversations.
- Reports – Get real-time project updates with custom- resource, time, and project reports. Add labels, monitor project timeline, progress, tasks, and visualize overall project status.
- Kanban Boards – Kanban boards in ProofHub allow users to have a clear view of the current stage of every task, spot roadblocks, estimate remaining work, calculate team’s flow capacity, and track agile projects to completion.
- Gantt chart – Visualize tasks in timeline view, set task dependencies, highlight critical paths, associate milestones, break down projects, and use the baseline to detect deviations in tasks.
- Table View – Table view allows you to sort, filter, organize and prioritize tasks. Keep essential details front and center, and organize projects in a way that’s best suitable for your team.
- Custom Fields – Custom fields give you the flexibility to add additional information to your tasks. Have more flexibility to manage more data on a single window. Create a field for dates, currency, numbers, or anything else that’s essential for your projects and workflow.
- Scheduling Calendar – See the milestones, events, and tasks from all the projects in one place. Stay on top of your schedule with automatic reminders for events and milestones, recurring events and tasks.
- File Management – Upload files, keep them organized, share them with your teammates, and collaborate on them altogether smartly and efficiently.
Pricing: Unlike costly ClickUp pricing plans, ProofHub offers two “flat-rate” pricing plans with no per-user fee. The Essential plan is priced at $45 per month, when billed annually. The Ultimate Control plan is priced at $89 per month, when billed annually.
When compared with ClickUp’s premium “Business Plus” pricing plan, which is priced at $19 per user, per month, ProofHub’s “Ultimate Control” plan is more cost-effective at $89 (per month when billed annually) for unlimited users.
If you are managing a team of 10 members, ClickUp will cost you $190 per month. On the other hand, you pay just $89 when using ProofHub, which helps you save $101 per month.
And the best thing is you can add as many users and you will still pay $89. Isn’t that a fabulous deal to grab!
What we like about ProofHub:
- It has a simple learning curve, which makes it easy for everyone to get familiar with the tool in a short time.
- Intuitive, easy-to-navigate interface makes ProofHub one of the most sought-after ClickUp alternatives
- Affordable, flat-rate pricing plans with no per-user fee
- A suite of work management and team collaboration tools under one virtual roof
- Customizable and scalable
- Excellent customer support
- Multilingual interface
What ProofHub can improve on:
- No proofing option directly in Google Docs
- Capterra: 4.5/5
- G2: 4.5/5
What users say about ProofHub:
“The best thing about proofhub is it helps you to connect all your project team members under one roof. It helps us to get the announcements and reports in a simple way, which helps me to get informed.” – G2 review
“For more in-depth information on our tool, feel free to contact our zealous customer support team – email@example.com. All your queries will be answered to your utmost satisfaction.”
Hive is a compact project management software for teamwork optimization. If you’re looking for a more streamlined and easy-to-use tool than ClickUp, then Hive is an ideal solution for you. With Hive, you get a centralized workflow management system that can deliver you the exact information you want.
Hive has customizable summary views, unlike ClickUp’s overwhelming “Everything view,” Hive has customizable summary views. You only see the information you need as the tool streamlines all your tasks with actions and sub-actions. Hive offers a Team View, which ClickUp doesn’t. You can search for an action based on an assignee, which is crucial for tracking tasks.
- Automated workflow management
- Flexible project views
- Agile tracking
- Team-wide resourcing
- Auto-schedule meetings
- Project and Action templates
Pricing: Hive Teams plan is priced at $16 per user, per month.
What we like about Hive:
- This popular ClickUp alternative promotes team collaboration
- Highly responsive technical support team
- Easily accessible from various devices – laptop, computer, mobile device
- Enables real-time communication through built-in chat feature
- Automatic notifications
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Quick installation
- Useful time tracking
What Hive can improve on:
- Inconsistent product integrations
- Mobile app not as effective
- Some functions are difficult to understand
- Capterra: 4.5/5
- G2: 4.6/5
What users say about Hive:
“Hive is indeed among the best ClickUp alternatives as it does a great job connecting all the pieces needed for a project in one place. It helps keep everyone on the same page and connects them to the resources, links, comments, and next steps.” – G2 review
Asana is one of the first project management tools that carved a niche for itself in project management and team collaboration. Asana is a worthy ClickUp alternative because it is one of the most popular and widely used PM tools. Some users feel connected to Asana’s layout, which is more intuitive than ClickUp’s overwhelming interface.
While ClickUp gives you a limited view of your team’s workload, Asana has a specific “workload” feature that gives you a detailed insight into the tasks and projects your team is working on and their progress. You can track work against goals, which can be helpful for macro-level planning. With more than 200+ integrations, you can bring together everything you need to collaborate on work more smartly and efficiently.
- Workflow builder
- App integrations
- Project timeline
- Project portfolio
Pricing: The Paid plan starts from $10.99 per user, per month, when billed annually.
What we like about Asana:
- Users can automate tedious manual tasks
- Real-time reporting and insights
- Easy work request management for both internal and external users
- Over 100 integrations available
- Custom fields allow users to track important information
- Free plan for a team of up to 15 members
What Asana can improve on:
- No way to customize task statuses and add more detail to them
- Cannot add multiple assignees
- Limited sharing and privacy options
- Capterra: 4.5/5
- G2: 4.3/5
What users say about Asana:
“Since I got Asana as one of the most worthy ClickUp competitors, all my projects are in one place. In Asana I basically have my life project. I’ve had a great experience with the application, and I’m glad it now has a desktop application.” – Capterra review
Wrike is a flexible project management tool designed to help workers track and coordinate projects. With a simple user interface combined with numerous industry-leading features, Wrike can help you boost organizational performance and catapult growth instantly. The tool allows you to customize workflows, request form dashboards, and adapt to every team’s unique working style.
Both in-office and remote teams can collaborate on tasks, files, and reports, communicate progress, and shorten the feedback process. With Wrike, you get 360-degree visibility across various departments and access whatever information you want in a few clicks.
- Custom fields and workflows
- Project and task approvals
- Time tracking
- Shareable dashboards
- Board and Spreadsheet views
- File sharing
- Scheduled documents
- Purpose-built templates
- Custom request forms
Pricing: The Paid plan starts from $9.80/user/month.
What we like about Wrike:
- Has one of the best user-friendly dashboards among all ClickUp alternatives
- Project visualization
- Can be used by teams of all sizes
- Reporting tool helps you plan and predict business costs and resourcing needs
- Smart workload control and management
What Wrike can improve on:
- Expensive paid plans make is less suitable for startups and small teams on a limited budget
- Steep learning curve and complex to use
- Does not offer video calling and live chat feature
- Capterra: 4.2/5
- G2: 4.2/5
What users say about Wrike:
“Wrike is one of my go-to applications for working on the go, updating tasks, and providing feedback to colleagues from any Android or iOS mobile device.” – Capterra review
Infinity is a customizable and flexible project management software that helps you organize and track projects and tasks seamlessly. Infinity is designed for teams of any size and is an ideal ClickUp alternative as you get more options on structuring your work and visualizing data. The tool keeps you updated on your team activities across the project via Activity Log. The app sends instant notifications to everyone about the latest action on the board and item level.
While ClickUp has only five views, Infinity boasts six views and comes with over 20 customizable attributes. Infinity features like task management and resource management and supports Agile & Waterfall methodologies. You can display and visualize projects, tasks, contacts, and schedules the way you want.
- Readymade templates
- User-defined attributes
- Multiple views
- Resource management
- Time management
- Integration with over 2,000 apps
Pricing: Infinity charges $149 per year.
What we like about Infinity:
- Offers numerous templates across various domains to help users start projects
- Lets you organize complex projects into a hierarchy
- This strong ClickUp alternative offers over 20 customizable attributes
- Customizable workflows
- Choose between 6 views to view your data
- Enables efficient resource management
- Users can connect Infinity with over 2,000 apps via Zapier
What Infinity can improve on:
- Doesn’t offer a free trial or a free plan
- Limited permission settings can lead to unauthorized access to your data
- Lack of reminders functionality
- No personal view
- Limited integrations
- Capterra: 4.7/5
- G2: 4.6/5
What users say about Infinity:
“With Infinity, it has been a lot more affordable, and it has had certain functionality, such as subfolders and different views that I had not had before.” – Capterra Review
6. Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a fast and flexible visual project planner for small and medium teams working across various industries. With Toggl Plan, you can plan, track, and deliver projects without the last-minute rush. This ClickUp alternative is a breeze to set up, is simple to use, and adds fun-element with a colorful drag-and-drop interface. Toggl Plan beats ClickUp with its intuitiveness, visual overviews, and capacity planning. Even non-tech savvy people can use Toggl Plan to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
When you see the straightforward functionality of Toggl Plan, ClickUp seems way too complicated. It has a complex, steep learning curve, and some of your team members can take months to figure this tool out. Another crucial area where Toggl Plan scores over ClickUp is a dedicated customer support team that offers timely solutions to your queries most efficiently and courteously possible.
- Project planning
- Resource planning
- Task management
- Work timelines
- Team timelines
- Toggl track integration
- Document sharing
Pricing: The Team plan starts at $8/user/month.
What we like about Toggl Plan:
- Simple to use and easy to navigate
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Users can divide projects into segments to streamline operations
- Offers integrations with various third-party applications
- Offers timeline and board views for work management
- Allows document sharing
- Improves collaboration and information flow
What Toggl Plan can improve on:
- Some features are unintuitive as compared to a few other robust ClickUp alternatives
- Lack of task dependencies
- Capterra: 4.5/5
- G2: 4.3/5
What users say about the Toggl Plan:
“Toggl is an extremely easy to understand stage in all viewpoints from wanting to following time. It doesn’t need a ton of inside and out information, it very well may be gotten very quick. It makes arranging and following such a ton simpler and advantageous.” – G2 review
Your search for the most powerful ClickUp alternative ends with ProofHub! Subscribe NOW and save BIG!
Trello is one tool that is immensely popular for its colorful, dynamic Kanban boards. However, there’s more to Trello than visually appealing boards, lists, and cards. You can manage projects, organize tasks, and improve team collaboration from one place without switching between multiple tools. One of the best ClickUp alternatives, Trello’s intuitive features allow teams of any size to set up and customize workflows for just about anything quickly.
ClickUp doesn’t have in-built automation, like Butler of Trello, that reduces the number of tedious tasks (and clicks) on your project board by harnessing the power of automation across your entire team. Butler is amazingly easy to work with and employs natural language commands so you can eliminate tedious tasks, automate actions, schedule assignments, and more.
- Advanced checklists
- Unlimited boards and cards
- Milestone tracking
- Billing and invoicing
- Desktop notifications
- Butler automation
- Activity log
- Power ups
Pricing: The Paid plan starts from $5/user/month, billed annually.
What we like about Trello:
- Rated as the best Kanban board-based ClickUp alternatives
- The free plan offers unlimited integrations
- Built-in automation
- Best for simple project management
- Offers mobile and desktop applications
- Ease of usage
- Allows you to add various Power-Ups for easier task management
What Trello can improve on:
- Lacks a comprehensive goal management system
- Not ideal for large-scale, complex projects
- Storage limit (10 MB and 250 MB file upload limit per file attachment on free and paid plans respectively)
- Capterra: 4.5/5
- G2: 4.4/5
What users say about Trello:
“Trello is the most intuitive virtual board for managing tasks you’ll find anywhere. It’s free to use and its implementation is relatively simple, allowing you to create your board instantly. You can choose the template you want for your board depending on your needs and what you’ll be using it for.” – G2 review
MeisterTask is a powerful ClickUp alternative and one of the most intuitive tools on the web. Whether you’re managing multiple projects simultaneously or digitalizing task management for your team’s daily business, MeisterTask helps you manage your tasks in a customizable environment that perfectly adapts to your needs. The tool’s user-friendliness and flexibility make it an effortless solution to use.
MeisterTask’s Gantt-style timeline feature enables project managers to align their teams and identify bottlenecks to meet deadlines. Built-in time tracker helps you with improved time management as you can track how much time your team members are spending on tasks. Get insights into productivity, workload, and much more with MeisterTask reports.
- Unlimited sections
- Recurring tasks
- Task limits
- Custom fields
- Multiple checklists
Pricing: The Paid plan starts from $4.19/user/month, billed annually.
What we like about MeisterTask:
- Efficient management of task dependencies
- Packed with innovative features to streamline your workflow
- Project boards are easily visible to all team members
- Allows instant communication with all team members
- Can be integrated with leading business and productivity applications
- Kanban-style boards adapt to your workflow and help you monitor project progress
What MeisterTask can improve on:
- Your task views are limited to Kanban boards only
- Doesn’t allow you to customize statuses
- Limited mobile functionality
- Capterra: 4.7/5
- G2: 4.6/5
What users say about MeisterTask:
“I love the user-friendly features and how easy I can manage to organize my tasks which is helping me so much to order my thoughts and act easier and in a better way.” – Capterra Review
When mentioning ClickUp alternatives, Basecamp is a tool that has to be there. This cloud-based software offers a load of features for project teams, individuals, and marketing teams for streamlined collaboration on tasks. Basecamp lets you organize scattered projects so you can have a clear visualization of the progress of every task and project.
Your team can access Basecamp from anywhere – on the web, on iOS, and Android. This real-time collaboration tool helps distributed teams sync as users can create tasks projects, track progress, and manage tasks. The software offers a complete overview of your project’s ongoing progress and makes it simple for teams to manage projects with a unified interface.
- To-do lists
- Streamlined chats
- Detailed team reports
- Message board
- Shared schedule
- Group chat
- Automatic check-ins
- Hill charts
Pricing: Basecamp offers $99/month, flat-rate pricing.
What we like about Basecamp:
- Neat interface with intuitive navigation
- Easy to learn and use
- Allows users to create client-specific projects
- Excellent customer support
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- It can be integrated with tons of add-ons, Power-Ups, and extensions to expand its capabilities
- Users can directly drag-and-drop files from Google to Basecamp
- Centralized notifications, thus reducing interruptions
What Basecamp can improve on:
- Offers limited reports and project views as compared to other top-selling ClickUp alternatives
- It doesn’t allow you to tag or label to-do tasks
- Limited customization options
- No time tracking support
- Capterra: 4.3/5
- G2: 4.1/5
What users say about Basecamp:
“Basecamp does almost everything we need to do, with the ability to use the APIs we’ve managed to extend Basecamp to work with our internal and some external systems.” – Capterra review
What is ClickUp and what are its drawbacks?
ClickUp is a cloud-based project management and team collaboration tool that can be used by businesses and teams of all sizes across various industries. ClickUp offers valuable features and tools to users to complete work obviously and efficiently.
As mentioned above, it is a capable tool, but it also has its limitations listed below.
- ClickUp offers a wide range of features, overwhelming for some users. A steep learning curve can make it difficult for users to use all the features.
- ClickUp has a superficial, feature-rich portfolio, yet these features lack depth in terms of functionality. If you are looking for a feature-specific tool, then you need to consider ClickUp alternatives for sure.
- For some teams, the calendar is probably the least impressive feature of ClickUp. Users do not like to click on numerous buttons, and it is not as intuitive as some other scheduling calendars that ClickUp alternatives offer.
- The user interface needs improvement. Faint colors, empty spaces and panes, and small text sizes can perplex users.
Why overwhelm your team with the perplexing user interface of ClickUp? Give them a reason to smile, give them an intuitive tool – ProofHub. Book your demo now!
The Final Thought
9 ClickUp alternatives mentioned in this article offer all those things that ClickUp doesn’t – ease of usage, minimal learning curve, affordable pricing plans, and a suite of thoughtful features.
If you need to decide right now, you should pick ProofHub over others as the tool offers high functionality, hassle-free user experience at prices that your pocket will not mind at all.
Make the right choice and get the best out of your team without overwhelming them. Good luck!
What are some best ClickUp alternatives?
Some of the most popular ClickUp alternatives available today are: ProofHub, Basecamp, Trello, and Hive.
Which is a better tool than ClickUp?
ProofHub is better than ClickUp in terms of ease of usage, pricing, customer support, user experience, and overall value for money it offers to users.
Is ClickUp good?
Yes, ClickUp is good for efficient project management planning, execution, and collaboration by teams of all sizes.
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.