It all started with notepads and has now evolved into advanced to do list apps.
It’s amazing how far we’ve come!
Something that was earlier as simple as picking up a notebook and making a list is now a head-spinning choice of selecting the best task management software from hundreds of tools out there.
Whether you’re managing complex projects at work or keeping track of daily household chores, to do lists are extremely useful tools. At the workplace, these workboard apps are an essential asset to prioritize important tasks, fulfill deadlines, and collaborate successfully with team members, especially on complex projects.
However, with so many to do list apps on the market, it can be difficult to find the best one for your needs.
We have curated a list of the best to-do list apps to cater to the unique requirements of different teams. The list includes a range of options, from basic list-making tools to advanced ones that aid in efficient workload management. With an overwhelming 17 million apps available, we have narrowed down the choices to 33 daily to-do list apps. Without delay, let’s delve into these top-rated apps and find the perfect one for your team.
Table of Contents
- 34 Best to do list apps to keep your life on track
- 1. ProofHub
- 2. Bit.ai
- 3. ClickUp
- 4. Spike
- 5. Friday Planner
- 6. Nifty
- 7. Flipsnack
- 8. Chanty
- 9. TickTick
- 10. Trello
- 11. Evernote
- 12. Remember The Milk
- 13. Google Keep
- 14. ToodleDo
- 15. OmniFocus
- 16. Any.do
- 17. 2Do
- 18. MiniNote
- 19. Simplenote
- 20. Ayoa
- 21. Microsoft OneNote
- 22. TeuxDeux
- 23. Checklist
- 24. nTask
- 25. Keep & Share
- 26. Notion.so
- 27. Antnotes
- 28. Casual.pm
- 29. Bear
- 30. Quire
- 31. Todoist
- 32. Google Tasks
- 33. Habitica
- 34. GanttPro
- What makes a great to-do list app?
- Why did we pick these tools in our list?
- Why do you need to get a to-do list app?
- To do list apps FAQs
- How to choose the best to do list app for yourself?
- Is Todoist the best to do list app?
- Does Google have a to do list app?
- How can To do list apps help with productivity?
- What are the most popular To do list apps?
- Can To do list apps be synced across multiple devices?
- Can To do list apps integrate with other productivity tools and software?
34 Best to do list apps to keep your life on track
Many of you must know ProofHub for its project management and team collaboration capabilities, but it is also great if you are looking for one of the best to do list apps to manage your easy or complex tasks.
Have you tried ProofHub yet?
“If yes,” then you definitely know why!
With ProofHub, the whole team can work on a common goal and strategy with the help of a customized workflow, where you can create a to-do list as per your needs and add any detail you want to add for better clarity on tasks. Furthermore, no matter if you need to prioritize a long list of work, ProofHub does this with ease. And the best part is that everyone in the team knows what’s going on and can collaborate accordingly.
To summarize, with ProofHub, you and your team stay organized, prioritize their work, and ultimately achieve their goals more efficiently.
1. Streamlines everything at one centralized location
With ProofHub you and all your team can be in a loop to collaborate on all the tasks and related resources. With full transparency, every project is effectively streamlined and managed via board and table views.
2. Identify what’s important
You can save your time by defining which work is essential at first and which later. It helps your team to better focus on their work. With ProofHub, you can effectively prioritize your work using labels and task filters.
3. Manage complex process with an ease
Complex projects with too many steps and guidelines might be not easy to handle to accomplish on time. With ProofHub’s customized workflow, an established roadmap and ease of sharing notes or files, it becomes easy to stay on the task, gain clarity on the work, and proceed in the right direction to achieve desired agile results.
4. Simplifies to do lists
Need to collaborate with your team on a task? No problem!
Team members can create tasks, assign them to particular team members, or to multiple assignes if needed, establish due dates, and track progress all in one spot. This eliminates the need for several to do lists or spreadsheets, allowing everyone to stay on the same page.
5. Keeps project on track
With the bird’s eye view on overall workflow and keeping in touch with employees in real-time help you to keep on the track of progress of all the work. Together with ProofHub, you can also track the real-time progress of tasks via Progress percentage. Team can also mark the progress % of projects to see how much work has been completed and how much remains.
6. Swiftly improve workflow efficiency
With ProofHub, you can simplify the whole task management process by easily dragging and dropping tasks from one stage to another. It helps to save your time and extra efforts and best part everyone can clearly see this progress.
7. Maximize team communication
When you can have direct and instant conversation with your employees, the internal communication definitely gets improved. With ProofHub, you not only can have group discussions on projects but also have quick chats with your team members on work. Here your problem of using multiple apps to share ideas, notes and even files gets resolved.
8. Better check on time and deadlines
With ProofHub, you can set deadlines for each to do list and keep track of them using a visual timeline. This ensures that your team is aware of the deadlines and can complete their tasks on time. Additionally, ProofHub also provides time tracking features, which helps you keep track of the time spent on each task and ensures that you are not missing any deadlines and effectively managing your worklife.
- Offers powerful features in a single location
- Does not charge per-user fee
- Simplifies project management and improves team collaboration
- Gives project managers the ultimate control over teams and projects
- Can be used by teams of any size, from any industry
- Requires little to no learning curve
- Overwhelming notifications is the only problem that you can face while using ProofHub.
- ProofHub has a “flat pricing structure” with “no hidden fees”, which means that “you only pay for what you use.”
- To learn more about the tool, sign up for a 14-day free trial.
- The essential plan is $45 per month, payable annually for “unlimited users.”
- The unlimited control costs $89 per month, payable annually for “unlimited users.”
Bit.ai is well rounded and simple enough to be used as a to-do app by an individual and powerful enough to be used as a full-fledged team collaboration and documentation. If you are looking for a new, advanced yet simple editor to jot down to-dos and tasks, look no further! Bit’s smart, minimal editor is perfect for distraction-free note-taking.
- Add any type of digital content to your notes, such as videos, social media content, music, cloud files, maps, and much more.
- Connect your To-Do lists and project documents.
- Track customer or partner involvement on shared to-do lists.
- Powerful to-do list features
- Multiple file support
- Anti-distraction tools to improve user focus
- Free of cost
- Note taking support
- Paid plan might be expensive for some users
- Is limited to document collaboration only
The free plan is valid for up to 5 members. For unlimited document access, you can shift to its Pro plan, which starts at $8 per member per month. For more advanced features, you can go for its business plan, which starts at $15 per member per month.
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management tool with customizable features to help you organize and manage simple to complex tasks more efficiently. Get access to hundreds of features for checklists, project tracking, documentation, data reporting, team collaboration, and more to help you stay on top of your tasks and aligned with your team at all times.
- Fully customizable platform to adapt to any need and workflow preferences.
- Organize and filter your work within Docs and tasks with ClickUp tags.
- Set due dates, add priority flags, and assign single or multiple assignees to a task.
- Choose from 15+ ways to view your tasks
- User-friendly UI and drag-and-drop functionality
- Ready-to-use and editable templates
- Access your work from anywhere with the mobile app
- Consolidate your apps and integrate ClickUp to 1,000+ work tools
- No Table view in the mobile app
- If you are a freelancer, then free ClickUp is best, but if you have a larger team, you have to pay for advanced plans
Get started for free with the Free Forever Plan, and paid plans start at $5 per member per month. Available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Web, Android, iOS.
Spike is one of the best Email apps that brings everything at one place needed to get work done by combining email, calendar, notes, tasks and to-dos into a single platform. Its conversational approach brings together the best of email and messaging in a simple, fast, and secure chat-like format. Spike’s Inbox also includes Group Chats, Voice and Video Calls, Tasks, both personal and collaborative documents, with seamless sync to all of your devices.
- Create, manage and share To Do lists directly from your Inbox.
- Turn your email into a chat-like conversation.
- Unified Inbox for all personal and work accounts.
- Spike’s advanced features (Groups, Note sharing, collaboration) can be used by people without Spike
- Snooze and Scheduled Send put the user back in control of their Inbox
- Unified feed for Email, Notes, and Tasks create a streamlined workflow
- New approach to an email interface requires some relearning of habits
- Not available for POP3 accounts
- Free for personal users (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc)
- $5/month pro accounts to unlock additional storage and functionality. Business email accounts require a $10/month subscription.
5. Friday Planner
The Friday Planner brings your to-do list and schedule into one, central online place. With Friday, you’ll have clarity on what you need to accomplish next. Guess what? You can pull tasks from the efficient task management apps you already use. That way you stay above the project-based noise and can focus on the individual tasks that need to be done. Everything is right there for the day.
- Combine all of your calendars, integrate your project management software, add your must-do tasks, and know what your day looks like.
- Get your calendar and task list in each new tab, and block distracting sites
- Customize daily prompts: Reflect on your day, ask questions to your teams, or even provide weekly team updates
- Get all your tasks and meetings in one place
- Receive a daily agenda notification that summarizes the day ahead
- Block distracting websites with the Chrome extension
- Block off focus time and go into do-not-disturb mode
- Limited integrations
Free to start with the planner, $6 per user on teams, $100 per month for enterprise.
- Project portfolios make it simple to categorize projects and organize them into folders based on departments, locations, and managers.
- Nifty’s software allows you to manage tasks in a Kanban flow or list format.
- It also has a calendar that can be synced with Google and file and document sharing.
- Set goals and timelines
- Collaborate on tasks
- Establish knowledge hub
- Create docs and wikis
- Balance workloads
- Advanced features like resource allocation are not properly allocated.
- You must purchase the subscription plans in order to use features like time management, money management, and others.
It offers a 14-day free trial. The advanced plans start at $39 per month, billed annually. However, if you are a growing team, you can go for the Pro plan, which costs $79 per month, billed annually. To know more plans, you can visit their site.
Flipsnack is a popular software for transforming PDFs into stunning page flip publications like magazines, catalogs, brochures, and even planners. With an integrated intuitive online Design Studio, Flipsnack is an online planner maker that makes designing personal planners a fun process. You can start from professionally designed templates or even from scratch, save your designs online or even download them to print on high-quality paper.
- Creates personalized planners in no time
- Professionally designed planner templates
- You can add interactive features such as GIFs or videos.
- Wide range of editable templates
- Insert multimedia components, add animations, and alter the layout
- Flipsnack analytics include views, clicks, and other interaction measures
For users who demand advanced functionality or a large volume of publications, Flipsnack’s pricing options might be extremely pricey.
Start with a $14/month plan to upload PDFs, create flipbooks, and share them in an instant. To add interaction, measure the impact, and more advanced features, you would have to upgrade to Professional ($32/month) or higher plans. You can check that by visiting the site.
While it’s not a traditional to-do app, Chanty is a great productivity tool because it lets you communicate and manage tasks at the same time. It has a neat feature that allows you to turn messages into tasks. All of the tasks are stored in a special tab and you can tick them off as you would in a to-do list.
- Send and receive team messages
- Turn messages into tasks
- Tick off and manage tasks from a special tab within the app
- Intuitive interface
- Easy to learn and use
- Embedded videos
- Great utility for multiple purposes
- Unlimited searchable history
- Still far behind on the integration front
- Not ideal for large teams
Free trial for up to 10 users; paid plans start at $3 per user per month. However, if you have a large team to handle and connect with, you can go for its more advanced plan at $660.60 per month.
Millions of people are using TickTick to capture ideas, organize to-do’s, and accomplish more. In a nutshell, it is a to-do list, checklist, and task manager app which helps you make schedules, manage time, remind about deadlines and organize life at the click of a button.
- Set an instant reminder for all the schedules.
- Share lists, assign tasks to collaborate with colleagues.
- Receive location-based alerts when on-the-go.
- Easy drag and drop feature
- User-friendly interface
- Native time tracking, alongside Pomodoro timer
- Advanced features only available with paid version
Annual plan for $27.99 (less than $2.4/month)
Trello is one of those rare project management tools that make collaboration with teams easier than ever. You can use this visual list tool to organize grocery lists, personal to-dos, plan your next vacation, and practically anything with Trello.
- Create cards containing checklists, images, attachments, and more.
- Drag and drop cards onto other lists.
- Syncs your cards to your external calendar.
- Easy to use application
- Flexible Kanban Board
- Responsive interface
- Real-time updates are amazingly fast
- Difficult to handle complex projects
- Limited storage options
Freelancers can have access to its free plan. However, if you have a small or large team, you can go for its advanced plans, starting at $5 per user per month, billed annually.
If you are unable to keep your notes in one place, Evernote is the right tool for you. It helps you capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists, so nothing falls through the cracks. Whether it’s personal moments or big projects, manage them easily with Evernote.
- Create and assign tasks based on your notes or to-do lists.
- Connect your notes to your calendar for daily planning and scheduling.
- Automatically syncs across your computers and devices
- Multiple third-party application integrations
- There’s always a local backup on your device
- Tagging and notebook features help to keep things organized
- Web clipping
- Storing businesses cards
- Can be overwhelming for starters
- Not designed for large documents
- The premium version might be expensive for some users to buy
To tackle small to complex projects and tasks at office, try its professional plan Rs. 519/month
12. Remember The Milk
Remember The Milk is a popular online to-do list and task management app that’s everywhere you are: from your phone, to the web, to your Google apps, and more.
- Enter your task’s properties in one line, including due date, priority, repeat, tags, and more
- Attach existing files from your Dropbox or Google Drive account to your tasks
- Get reminded by email, text, IM, Twitter, and mobile apps
- Quick to-do list management
- Clutter-free interface
- Powerful third-party integrations
- Multi-platform friendly application
- Ability to sync tasks from other apps like Evernote, IFTTT, Zapier and others is great
- No advanced team collaboration features
- You need to upgrade to get the most functionality
- Task lists can feel cluttered at times
Remember that The Milk offers a free plan, but for better management, you must upgrade to a Pro account for $39.99 per year.
13. Google Keep
It is a note-taking app that quickly captures what’s on your mind and gives you a reminder later at the right place or time. It can also speak a voice memo on the go and have it automatically transcribed. Keep offers a variety of tools for taking notes, including text, lists, images, and audio.
- Supports photo notes, voice notes, and checklists
- The web app is fast, minimal, and functional
- Everything you store will be available in Drive within seconds
- Simple to-do list management
- Voice command support
- Fast and simple note taker
- Free of cost
- User-friendly interface
- Does not have text formatting tools
- Each note is limited to 20,000 characters
- Intended for quick, in-the-moment notes rather than epic writings
It is free to use, you just need a Google Gmail account for it.
Also checkout – Best Google tools for Project management
Toodledo is an incredibly powerful tool to increase productivity and organize your life. It acts as a centralized place for online to-do lists, task management, note-taking and more. Already being used by over 1.8 million people, ToodleDo is known for its intuitiveness and rich features.
- Make custom to-do lists
- Create structured outlines
- Collaborate seamlessly with friends, family, and coworkers
- Elaborate task management
- Habits tracking
- Built-in time tracking
- Offers a robust free version
- Cross-platform support
- Changes made in Toodledo’s mobile apps do not always sync with those made in the desktop app
- Limited project views options
For personal use, you can opt for its free plan. However to work within a team and collaborate more effectively, you need to take advanced plans that start from $3.99 per month billed annually.
OmniFocus is the best to do list app for iPhone, Mac, and iPad that organizes all your tasks in the most efficient way.
- Add actions so that you never forget anything
- Add tags for things like location, people, energy level, and priority
- Review your projects and actions from time to time so you can stay on track
- Your data is the same on all your devices
- Powerful GTD features
- Calendar integration
- Location-based alerts
- You can hide projects to reduce distractions
- Steep learning curve
- Costly as compared to other to-do list apps
Standard plan for $9.99 per month (auto-renewing) for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Web For Mac and iPad, you can opt for more advanced options. To learn more, you can visit the site.
Any.do is an award-winning app used by millions of people to stay organized and get more done. The to-do list app is simple and flexible to use. You can set reminders to make sure important things don’t slip away. With powerful one-time, recurring and location-based reminders, you can be sure critical things don’t get forgotten.
- Create and organize tasks, lists, and reminders in one app
- Syncs seamlessly across all of your devices
- Add smart reminders
- Easy to use
- Great functionality
- Recurring task management
- Built-in Calendar app for syncing tasks
- Availability on multiple platforms
- Lack of advanced reporting functionality
- Many useful features can only be used in paid plan
- Only good for basic tasks
Get Premium plan for $3/month (billed annually). However, if you want to collaborate with your team and are thinking of working together, you have to go for a team plan for $5/month (billed annually).
2Do is a powerful task manager that is designed to meet your need for speed. It can be a simple to-do list helping you in staying on top of your daily tasks or a full-featured tool for heavy taskers. It houses an incredibly powerful engine and can be as fierce as your workflow.
- Full-fledged task-editor
- Group related tasks together and apply sorting, search filters, and focus filters
- Multi-platform synchronization
- Lock-out individual lists with a single click
- Ideal for GTD teams
- Smart Lists
- Advanced search options
- Location-based reminders
- Notification center widget
- File attachment capability is limited
- Limited archiving
- Sometimes poor oversight
2Do iOS costs $14.99 and 2Do Mac costs $49.99. For more information about pricing, you can visit its site.
MiniNote eases your problem of taking notes on your Mac. It is the quickest and most fun note-taking experience available. When you enable MiniNote’s full-screen editing mode, the software changes from a useful menubar applet to an attractive, distraction-free note-taking client.
- Friendly and usable interface.
- Easy to set up.
- Quick note-sharing with others.
- User friendly
- Syncs fast on all devices
- Limited features
Buy MiniNote at $4.99. It is available on the Mac app store.
It is one of the best task management software and to-do list apps for task management. As the name suggests, it is one of the simplest and easiest note-taking apps designed for users. It is light, clean, and free.
- Your notes stay updated across all your devices
- Find notes quickly with instant searching and simple tags
- Share a list, post some instructions, or publish your notes online
- Simple user interface for minimalists
- Supports Markdown format
- Useful sharing and search option
- You can record virtually unlimited number of textual notes
- Cross-device synchronization
- Not very configurable rich text format
- Doesn’t support uploads and multimedia
You can get Simplenote at $19.99 per month or $199.99 per year.
Ayoa is a visual task management software that helps you manage projects, tasks, and to-dos individually or as part of a team. Organize your tasks and bring your projects to life using a range of unique and powerful views. DropTask’s flexible workspaces help you get more out of your day, whatever your style.
- You can add details and create sub-tasks
- It has an inbuilt planner that allows users to organize tasks and manage the resources needed for each project.
- Automatically sync your DropTask projects with your Google Calendar account
- Enables visual project and task management
- Superb interface
- Cross-device synchronization
- The auto-layout
- No budget management
- Not perfect to handle multiple projects at a time
If you want to develop ideas and boost creativity, you can get its Mind Map plan at Rs 620 per user, per month, billed annually. Its ultimate plan costs you at Rs 810 per user, per month, billed annually.
21. Microsoft OneNote
OneNote is a digital note-taking app that has made notebook organizer tools even better and stronger. Its biggest strength is the ease in navigation it offers to its users – you’ll always find your notes right where you left them. As an effective to-do list app, OneNote lets you gather your thoughts, organize, share and collaborate over them.
- You can divide it into sections and pages in Notebooks.
- Highlight can’t-miss notes with Important and To-Do tags.
- Record audio notes, insert online videos, and add files.
- Share notebooks with coworkers, friends, and family.
- Improves workflow and daily organization
- Improves transparency
- Easy access
- Automatically saves, no data lost
- Users using OneNote for free get 5GB of storage capacity.
- Some users may find it difficult to locate specific notes or information.
Microsoft OneNote is included in the Microsoft 365 suite. For more information about pricing, you can visit the site.
TeuxDeux is a dedicated to-do list app with minimalist design and easy to use interface. The app is perfect for organizing everyday tasks and allows teams to check off the completed tasks with a single click. The ability to automatically roll over the unfinished tasks to the next day makes TeuxDeux one of the best to-do list apps.
- Make important words bold and add clickable links.
- Recurring to-dos ensure that you never skip your everyday tasks.
- Easy to download to-do lists at any time.
- Text formatting tools available
- Recurring to-dos management with task roll-over functionality
- The free trial users can download their data anytime if they decide not to use it when the trial ends
- A user-friendly interface makes the tool easy to use
- Offers a fewer number of features as compared to other similar tools
- Team collaboration features are limited
Skeptic plan available for $3/user/month.
Checklist is yet another popular to-do tool and is also among the best to-do list apps suitable for both personal and professional use. The app offers several checklist templates ranging from personal hygiene to marketing automation to-do lists. Checklist aims to improve the productivity of users by allowing them to share their workloads with others.
- Break big tasks into an unlimited number of subtasks.
- Jot down important information related to tasks using built-in notes.
- Cloud sync allows users to back up and access to-do lists from different devices.
- A wide range of built-in templates
- Smart checklists management features
- Even free version offers a lot of features
- Cross-platform support is available
- No Gantt charts
- No time tracking system
- Kanban view only available with Enterprise plan
You can have access to a free plan. But for advanced features, go for Pro plans available for $5/user/month.
nTask is one of the most popular to-do list apps today that can be used easily by both individuals and teams. Users can create tasks and subtasks, and schedule them as one-time or repetitive tasks. You can use checklists to list down things to be done as well as organize, prioritize tasks, and monitor task status.
- Task planning with to-do lists, estimates, and much more is available.
- An integrated issue and bug tracking application that allows teams to prioritize concerns.
- Dedicated workplaces for storing and organizing information
- Timesheets management for time tracking
- Comprehensive meeting management module
- Set repeat tasks
- To-do list progress bar
- Easy to navigate tool for project management
- No team chat functionality
- Missing customization and formatting options
Basic version is free, paid plan starts at $3 per month, per user.
Keep & Share is one of the most simple and easy-to-use to-do list apps as it boasts extensive and practical features. It is the easiest and most customizable calendar that you can access anywhere, anytime. You can use text, images, and files to plan your day on the calendar. Selective sharing is a great feature so your plans are only visible to people you want.
- You may add anything to your Calendar, including icons, links, tags, connected notes, files, and more.
- Using powerful yet simple to-do lists, you can organize your life or your entire team.
- You may access your To Do Lists from any device, anywhere, at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Recurring events management
- Easy sharing of the personal calendar
- Extensive calendar management features
- Limited storage space
- Limited customization options
- Steep learning curve
The basic plan is free for a single user; the paid plan starts at $9 per user per month. For multiple users, explore more plans on their website.
Notion is an all-in-one platform for maintaining a record of all your vital documents and organizing your to-do lists. This application eliminates the need to juggle multiple applications to keep track of things. Users can use its flexible interface for creating to-do lists, taking notes, and managing spreadsheets and databases.
- Notion provides a mobile version of its software for iOS and Android users, allowing you to stay in touch with your team and organize project work while on the road.
- If the viewer has access to those tasks, Notion’s team calendar displays ongoing as well as one-time chores.
- Notion’s collaborative workspace comes with a collection of building pieces that users may use to customize to their individual needs.
- Easy checklists management
- Cross-platform support
- Can be used across different devices
- Has a suite of features
- Offers a free trial
- It lacks advanced project management capabilities
- Managing many projects can be time-consuming
Free plan available, paid plan starts at $8 per user, per month. However, for large companies, you could go with more advanced plans, starting at $15 per user, per month.
Antnotes is for users who enjoy making colorful and fun sticky notes. This application is considered especially useful for reminders and staying productive. You can enjoy using Antnotes for free even with its basic features. Users can easily search and archive notes as it does not delete closed notes. It is shareable, which means you can work with up to six members.
- Customizable, on-screen sticky notes
- Option to drag text and files to the note
- Standard rich text editing features including bold, italic and underline
- Just download it, run and use
- Import and export notes manually via the File menu
- Has a lot of customizable options
- No elaborate task management features
- No calendar view
This app is available in both free and paid versions. If you want to work with an advanced version, you can buy it on the Mac App Store at $2.99.
Casual is primarily a project management tool, but comprises features quite similar to that of a to-do list app. This application makes work casual and burden rather than overwhelming and burdening users with heavy modules and complex features. Visual representations and flowcharts help users to track the project progress and who’s doing what.
- Users can utilize visual project maps to create project plans.
- Add and delegate jobs to other people using a drag-and-drop interface.
- Users can also add sub-processes within each task.
- Free project templates and samples
- Intuitive user interface
- Excellent customer support
- Every person gets the predefined task list in order of execution.
- Might not be suitable for complex project
Provides 14 day free trial. Paid plan starts at $10 per month for up to 2 users.
Bear is a wonderfully designed tool that offers a range of brilliant features for users who like to get things done right the first time. This app allows you to write almost entire articles in notes with suitable formatting and styling. Moreover, you can set word count. Users can also convert notes to Word or PDF files.
- Bear’s specific searches assist you in finding notes when you need them the most. @mentions such as @task, @today, @images, and others are available.
- The ability to export notes in various formats.
- The Bear app’s focus mode covers everything on your screen, leaving you to concentrate solely on your message.
- Awesome user interface
- Notes linking functionality
- Unique hashtag categorization system
- Ability to tag notes
- Only iOS and Mac compatible
- Note linking process is little clunky
- Very limited features in the basic version
It offers $1.49 monthly (one-week free trial), $14.99 annually (one-month free trial)
Quire is an online project and task management software that allows users to streamline their to-dos visually. You can arrange, prioritize, and focus on the tasks that matter most to you with Kanban boards. The overall user interface of the software is lined up with some excellent tools, shortcuts, and minimalistic design.
- Managing and monitoring the tasks with individual view across all projects
- Customize templates as per your requirements
- Visual management of projects
- Simplifies task management
- You can always keep track of tasks and projects
- Gives managers the ultimate control over team’s performance
- Allows you to invite external collaborators
- Very intuitive and can be customized by every user
- Can be confusing for some users
- Has no templates
- Very basic task software
It has free plans for those who just want to begin to keep track of their work, however to get everything at one place and more extensive features, you can start with paid plans starting from US$7.65 per member per month.
With so much going around, Todoist lets you keep track of everything in one place, so you can get it all done and enjoy more peace of mind along the way. The online to-do list app has grown in popularity over the years and is helping over 10 million people to be in control of their lives.
- Delegate certain tasks to team members or collaborators. This ensures that everyone understands their roles and can collaborate effectively.
- Provides a graphical picture of project progress throughout time. This approach allows you to easily see upcoming deadlines and adapt your plans accordingly.
- Track budgets to ensure that they stay on track financially.
- A huge library of project templates to get started
- Powerful third-party application integrations
- Cross-platform support
- Minimalist User Interface
- A few useful features not available to users in free version
A free plan is available for starters. If you want to work with more advanced features, then get its paid version, starting at $4 per month billed annually.
32. Google Tasks
Google Tasks is the latest product by the tech giant Google that comes fully integrated with other services by Google such as Gmail, Google Calendar and others.
- Gmail and calendar connection are included in Google Tasks.
- To-do lists are simple to build and share with coworkers.
- Overdue duties are highlighted visually.
- It is possible to set up reminders and notifications.
- Drag Gmail emails into Google Tasks to schedule them
- Excellent for basic to-do list management
- Simple User Interface
- Best Google Calendar view
- “Clear Completed Tasks” button
- Team communication features missing
The biggest benefit of Google Tasks is that it is completely free. All you need is an active Google account, which most internet users have.
Habitica is a habit-building app that motivates you to achieve your goals. Whether it’s about completion of a particular task or reminding yourself to go to a gym, the app treats your real-life like a game and helps you become healthy, productive, and smart.
- Track and manage habits, daily or weekly goals, and to-do lists
- Easy to keep track of your progress as you tackle your toughest tasks
- Customize Habitica to fit your personal goals
- Gamifies the process to motivate
- Simple, but interesting user interface
- Occasional bugs and laginess
- Initial set up can be complex and difficult
- Offers fewer features for elaborate task management
You can choose from 4 Habitica subscriptions: $4.99 per month, $14.99 every three months, $29.99 every six months, and $47.99 per year. (Prices may vary depending on region). This is available on App Store and Google Play.
GanttPRO offers an efficient way to work with tasks. Based on the Gantt chart approach, this project planning tool allows dividing tasks into an endless number of groups of tasks, subtasks, and sibling tasks. Each assignment is accompanied by start and end dates, statuses, priorities, duration and estimation time, cost, and some more powerful options that makes a to-do list management a breeze.
- Multiple ways to display tasks: the Gantt chart view, the Board view, the “My task” dashboard.
- Notifications about start dates, and deadlines.
- Task assignment to team members and virtual resources.
- Time Management
- Easy visualization
- User-friendly interface
- Managing teams and ensuring clarity of tasks allocated
- Resource management
- Can become too complex for larger projects
A plan for smaller teams starts at $7.99 per user per month, billed annually (for 5+ users). If you want to use advanced plans, you can get paid plans starting at $12.99 per user per month, billed annually (for 5+ users).
These are the top 34 to-do list apps available. But, in order to know which one is best for you, you must first find the answer to the three questions below.
What makes a great to-do list app?
When it comes to app usage, ease of use and security are undoubtedly essential features that everyone seeks. However, there are other aspects that make an app the perfect choice for what you need.
An excellent to-do list software isn’t only for adding dates or tasks and then ticking them off when finished. It’s a lot more than that. It is, in my opinion, a combination of a necessary workflow, improved collaboration, and optimal synchronization.
Good to do list apps should have the following features:
- Easy task organization – The app you are choosing must allow you to create, add and manage tasks hasslefree.
- Multiple methods to organize tasks – A good to do list app should have options to organize the tasks in multiple ways, including due date, sub-tasks and more. So that employees can create different types of lists, set reminders, manage their project time and prioritize tasks based on their own needs.
- Notifications to give reminders – This can be the best feature to look upon, so you don’t miss any important tasks.
- Synchronization at different platforms – The app should sync seamlessly between every platform you use, including desktop and mobile, so that the access of tasks becomes easy.
- Easy collaboration with a team – You should be able to share your lists with others in order to make your progress more visible. It’s also critical to have multiple privacy options so you can choose what you want to share.
- Easy filtering through big data – A good to do list app should let you sort and filter items by due date, priority, or category, allowing you to focus on the most essential tasks.
The components in a to-do list apps can assist you and your team in being organized, focused, and productive.
Why did we pick these tools in our list?
When it comes to finding a tool, I pay a strong attention to its capabilities in task organization and team collaboration. After all, these two elements build the foundation for a progressive success and higher productivity.
We carefully looked upon certain criterias that can fit in everyones’ needs.
We choose multiple tools based on different criteria that can fit in everyones’ needs, including corporate offices, remote employees, field workers and more. With these factors in mind, We scrutinize the best apps for you:
So, what to look for in a to-do list app?
When you choose a good to-do app, the following qualities in an app are must. We take care that apps we are selecting have such qualities:
1. Smart but simple to use app design
Because you will be glancing at your to-do list app frequently, a smart and simple design is very crucial in this type of app. It feels intuitive, allowing you to rapidly jot down ideas.
2. Special features for task management and organization
Every to-do list app includes some special features for organizing your tasks and lists, and in the ideal scenario, these tools or features correspond to how you think.
- Color-coding your lists to signify priority, for example, may be useful if you are a highly visual person.
- Some tasks must be completed on a regular basis. To-do list apps with recurring task capabilities can automate the process of adding these activities to your list, eliminating the need for you to remember to do so each time.
- Tags or categories can be used to organize your tasks by project, client, or any other applicable criteria. This might help you keep organized and identify the tasks you need to complete fast.
- If you work by deadlines, you’ll want an app that organizes your tasks by due date and/or displays them in a calendar view.
3. Streamlines collaboration
A to-do list app with collaboration features might help you stay on the same page whether you operate on a team or with others. You can assign tasks to team members, leave comments, and collaborate on progress.
Why do you need to get a to-do list app?
Some days, it seems like there are an infinite number of tasks to fulfill, both professionally and personally. To keep on track and avoid feeling overwhelmed, you must be at the top of your game.
Having personally seen the benefits, I strongly believe that using a To-Do list software boosts your productivity and efficiency, whether for work or personal tasks.
Here are four compelling reasons to use a To-Do list app into your everyday routine at your workplace:
1. You organize things better
It keeps you organized and on top of activities that must be accomplished. With so many duties and deadlines to manage, it’s easy to forget or neglect important activities if you don’t have a system in place to manage them.
2. You know what to do when
A to-do list app allows you to prioritize work and better organize your time and resources. You may ensure that you are working on the things that will have the most influence on your team and organization by identifying the most urgent or critical activities and assigning deadlines to them.
3. Makes you feel less burdened
When we procrastinate, we put off completing activities until the last minute, resulting in hurrying, errors, and poor-quality work, which leads to missed deadlines, dissatisfied clients, and lost business prospects.
It keeps on building up. But with a to-do-list, you get so much done in an organized way as you can tick off all your accomplishments and you need to deal with today’s work only.
4. You know who’s working on what
A to-do list app can help you assign tasks and collaborate with your team more successfully. You can ensure that everyone is on the same page and working toward the same goals by sharing lists and assigning tasks within the app.
Finally, if you’re seeking for the best to do list apps and task management software, there are a few standouts.
Take advantage of the free trials offered by these applications and put them to the test to guarantee you make the right decision. With a little digging, you’re bound to find the ideal software to keep you organized and on schedule in 2023. ProofHub, an all-in-one platform, can be the perfect choice to opt-out. ProofHub can assist individuals and teams in staying on top of their to-do lists and effectively achieving their objectives because of its user-friendly interface and extensive capabilities.
To do list apps FAQs
How to choose the best to do list app for yourself?
Consider features, simplicity of use, and affordability while selecting the best to-do app. Take free trials of the best ones to discover which one works best for you.
Is Todoist the best to do list app?
Todoist is popular, but whether it is suitable for you depends on your requirements. ProofHub is a great fit for you if you want to handle everything in a single location.
Does Google have a to do list app?
Yes, Google Tasks is a to-do list program that combines with other Google apps.
How can To do list apps help with productivity?
To-do list apps boost productivity by organizing tasks, reminding users, and creating a sense of achievement when tasks are accomplished.
What are the most popular To do list apps?
Along with ProofHub, Todoist, Wunderlist, and Trello are some popular to-do list apps.
Can To do list apps be synced across multiple devices?
Yes. For convenience and accessibility, many to-do list apps may be synced across numerous devices.
Can To do list apps integrate with other productivity tools and software?
Yes, many task management apps integrate with other productivity tools and software, such as Google Calendar, Slack, and Evernote.