Basecamp has been one of the most popular project management software since its inception. It’s been more than thirteen years and people still vouch for its simplicity and collaborative approach to managing projects. Since then, with the changing times and needs of the customers, many project management software entered the management landscape and made a name for themselves.
21 Basecamp Alternatives for Your Business
All the project management tools listed below are absolutely worth a look if you are looking for an alternative to Basecamp. They come with a bouquet of powerful features and an easy-to-use interface. Without much ado, let’s take a look at these Basecamp project management alternatives and competitors.
Being a top-notch project management tool, ProofHub is a great Basecamp alternative that is helping professionals to eliminate various project management woes. It acts as one place for your projects and team communications. It is an all-in-one project management software for your growing business needs.
Tired of using Basecamp? Try ProofHub.
- Effective task management
- Get a visual timeline for tasks
- Quick review process with online proofing tool
- A mobile app for Android and iOS users
Price: Essential plan starts at $45/month (if billed annually).
Scoro is an end-to-end business management software solution for professionals and creative services that help them to streamline work and eliminate routine tasks. It combines project planning, time-tracking, and invoicing into one platform, and that’s what makes Scoro a great alternative to Basecamp.
- Schedule work and assign tasks
- Manage project portfolio effectively
- Track the actual and the billable time
- Powerful reporting and beautiful dashboard
Price: Scoro’s Premium plan is for $33/user/month.
Workzone is a reliable web-based project management tool that has made a name for itself as one of the most powerful and easy-to-use online project management software. It is trusted by popular brands like Adidas, Verizon, Wells Fargo to name a few.
- Project dashboards give visibility across the organization
- Share files securely in the cloud
- Advanced reporting features
- World-class customer support
Price: It offers three plans: Team, Professional, Enterprise. You can request pricing on the website.
Huddle is an industry-leading collaboration software that offers secure collaboration for teams, enterprises, and various government organizations. What distinguishes it from Basecamp is whether you’re working on an internal project or collaborating with clients, Huddle can be easily customized for an ‘on-brand’ experience.
- Simple and secure document collaboration
- Create, control, and manage work
- Track progress easily
- Integrates with many third-party applications
Price: Huddle plans start from $10/user/month.
JIRA is a strong Basecamp alternative developed by Atlassian. Various software development, project management, and agile teams use this tool to plan and track projects.
- Prioritize and discuss work with full visibility
- Choose a workflow or create your own
- Fosters real-time collaboration
Price: Small Teams plan is available for $10/month.
It won’t be wrong to say that ClickUp is the most beautiful alternative to Basecamp that provides an intuitive way to get more done. Whether you are a developer, manager, or anyone getting things done, there is a perfect view for you in the tool.
- Create custom statuses
- Beautiful multitask toolbar
- Offers 500+ integrations
Price: Available for free (100 MB storage and unlimited projects) and $5/user/month (unlimited storage and projects).
Mavenlink is a modern software platform designed for service professionals. It helps you deliver effortlessly by offering more connectivity, transparency, and a boost in your performance with its advanced features.
- Gain visibility of all projects across your portfolio
- Advanced analytics and a powerful business intelligence engine
- Simple and intuitive interface
Price: Teams plan for $19/user/month
LiquidPlanner is one of those Basecamp alternatives that are known to provide a better way to plan and execute work. Interestingly, it offers a responsive approach to project management by treating projects as living and evolving constructs.
- Project plans are built on priorities
- Project schedules automatically predict finish dates
- Data and statuses are accessible in real-time
- Instantly visualize the impact of resource availability
Price: Professional plan is available for $45/user/month
It is a cloud-based work management tool widely used by marketing and IT teams to manage projects in one place. This web platform combines project management software, intelligent work automation, and in-context collaboration to empower teams to do their best work.
- Manage projects in one collaborative system
- Customized dashboards and advanced reporting
- Focuses on real-time visibility
- Easily integrable with other apps
Price: Pricing not listed but reviewers say plans start from $480/year.
For all those who live and swear by Gantt charts, TeamGantt is the best alternative to Basecamp in the market. You can plan and manage projects with this super-easy software. Inviting team members, co-workers, clients to view and edit your Gantt chart is simple and fun!
- Fast drag-and-drop scheduling
- Intuitive, beautiful, and easy-to-use interface
- Effective resource-management
- Smart time-tracking and reporting
Price: Standard plan for $7.90/user/month
Podio is a cloud-based collaboration service that was founded in 2009 and acquired by Citrix in 2012. Podio supplies a web-based platform for organizing team communication, business processes, data in project management. It boasts clients like that of Volvo, Deloitte, Sony, NFL to name a few.
- Intuitive interface
- Automated workflows and personal dashboards
- Rigorous security standards
- Full customization and integrated chat
Price: Basic plan starts from $9/user/month.
If you are a creative professional and looking for an amazing Basecamp alternative then FunctionFox is the tool for you. It is a project management and time-tracking software that is simple to set up, easy-to-use, and trusted by creative professionals around the world.
- Customizable dashboards
- Connect to real-time data with interactive charts
- Estimated budgets with actual figures to keep projects on track
Price: Classic plan starts from $35/month.
13. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is an effective project management software and Basecamp competitor that helps you get started quickly and execute projects with an absolute ease. Streamline project, resource, and portfolio management with Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management. Integrated planning tools help you keep track of projects and stay organized.
- Easy project planning
- Streamlined projects and resources
- Track status and collaborate from virtually anywhere
Price: Project Online Essentials starts at $7.15/user/month.
Teamwork is an effective Basecamp project management alternative that provides world-class solutions to streamline your business. Believe it or not, Teamwork is loved by 40,000 creative teams, agencies, and enterprise businesses.
- Real-time status updates
- Impressive invoice-tracking
- Advanced privacy and permission options
- Available on the iOS, Android, Google Chrome, and the Web
Price: Premium plan starts at $15/user/month.
It is a project management software that lets you manage work, automate processes and collaborate across the enterprise—all from a single, intuitive solution. All in all, it is a great Basecamp competitor that gets everyone connected.
- Configurable workflows
- Real-time visibility
- Dynamic reports and dashboards
- Flexible interface
Price: Enterprise and unlimited edition both require quotes for your organization.
16. Zoho projects
Zoho projects seem like a nice option if you’re looking for a free online project management software that lets you create and manage your projects effectively. By allowing you to plan, track, and collaborate, it makes project management as easy as it can be.
- Plan projects with ease
- Get in-depth insights with Gantt charts
- Promotes seamless collaboration
- Integrate with apps such as Zapier, Slack, Dropbox etc
Price: Standard plan available for $20/month.
Asana is free, simple to get started, and powerful enough to run your entire business. It promotes collaboration by allowing teams to create and move projects forward to help to know who is doing what. Companies like Airbnb, Red Bull, Allstate and NASA use Asana for their project management.
- Track projects from start to finish
- Simple to use and intuitive
- Effective task management
Price: Basic version free. Premium starts at $9.99/member/month.
If you’re looking for a simple yet powerful project management tool that helps your teams to stay organized, this is the tool for you. ActiveCollab comes with plenty of neat add-ons that makes it a one-stop solution for all your business needs.
- Stay organized with advanced to-do lists
- Track every minute and bill clients accordingly
- Easily issue invoices and save time
Price: Paid plans start from $25/month (5 members).
If you and your team use spreadsheets to manage work, you would love the sheet-based interface of this Basecamp alternative. It provides a powerful platform for the way you work today and take real action on ideas, not just talk about them.
- Manage complex projects and visualize tasks
- Streamline work by setting up automatic update requests
- Smart dashboards provide real-time visibility into critical KPIs
Price: Business plan starts from $25/user/month.
Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible way and that’s what make Trello a great alternative to Basecamp. It lets you work more collaboratively and get more done.
- Follows visual approach to represent projects
- Add comments, attachments, and more directly to Trello cards
- Trello stays in sync across all of your devices
Price: Free. Business plan available for $9.99/user/month
Read on: Top Trello Alternatives List
What makes Hive a worthy alternative to Basecamp is how effortlessly it puts the needs of a team at a single place. Apart from providing a Kanban-style status view, you can also track the progress of your projects with Gantt charts in Hive.
- Provides a central platform for everything
- Move seamlessly between projects, messages, and files
- Access anywhere from a desktop or mobile apps
If you are clear about your requirements, finding the right Basecamp alternative won’t be much difficult. We hope the above list puts an end to your search to find the best alternative to Basecamp. If you think we have missed out on an important Basecamp alternative, do mention it in the comments below.