One of the best selling product — JIRA is a bug tracking and project management tool for Agile teams. If you are into a research for a project management tool for your business, you would have probably come across the name, with JIRA being on your shortlist.
Developed by Atlassian, JIRA is used in 122 countries, with more than 75,000 customers. It is designed to support Agile teams to plan, build, track progress, has a fully featured task management, reporting, and team collaboration. With JIRA you can manage a variety of different project, Jira has some disadvantages which make many of the customers look for alternatives to Jira.
Users using Jira are mostly confused while using the tool and have found that the interface becomes clunky most of the time. Small businesses also have a problem with JIRA’s plans, which can cost up to $12,000 per year for a team of 500 users. This makes them look for Jira alternatives. Find out which of Jira alternatives suits best to your needs.
Top 9 Jira Alternatives for Your Growing Business
- Performs project and task management
- A steady flow of tasks on ProofHub Kanban boards
- Third party integrations like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and Box
- Communicate in real time
- Social media-style collaboration (message boards, @mentions)
- Create a milestone to highlight important goals
- Add assignees, attachments, and priorities to tasks
- Helps to track tasks and add people
- Set goals, priorities, and due dates
- Change it to your preferred language
- Visualize project schedules with Gantt charts
- Use emojis for visual communication
- Manage important project activities from email
- Mobile app – iOS and Android
Backlog – Everything you need for a development workflow
Backlog is an online project management tool built for developers. As compared to Jira, it has a simpler and intuitive interface. Development teams use this project tracking software to work with other teams for enhanced team collaboration.
- Push notifications for new issues
- History thread of issue updates
- Drag and drop file attachments
- Create, assign, and update tasks
- Set due dates to keep work on schedule
- Breakdown tasks into subtasks and checklists
- Pull requests, merge requests, and branches
- Keep all files in a central location
- Invite clients, vendors, and freelancers to projects with guest roles
- Create wikis for all project members
Assembla – Enterprise software development platform
Assembla’s products are used by more than 1,000,000 people in over half of the world’s countries. It offers a broader range of functionality in its core product. You can have those out-of-the-box features that JIRA requires as an add-on.
- Unlimited SVN and Git Repositories
- Wiki Tool / Knowledgebase
- Subversion and git hosting
- Built-in time tracking
- Code deployment manually or automatically
- Social-style collaboration
- Manage projects visually with card walls and tasks boards
- Git workflows (fork, merge, peer review)
Target Process – Visual project management software
TargetProcess easily adapts to your management approach. It is a popular commercial agile project management tool in the market. An ideal alternative to JIRA, it allows following a Scrum, Kanban or customized Agile approach.
- Create various boards
- Backlog story map view
- It offers custom views, cards, reports, and dashboards
- Distraction-free overview of your project
- Custom reports
- High-level tracking across the entire portfolio
- QA, bug tracking, test case management
- Integrations for both SaaS and On-Premise
- Helps to evaluate the progress of multiple projects and teams
- Visualization of project data
VersionOne – All-in-one agile project management
VersionOne is an all-in-one agile management tool that can quickly adapt to any agile software development methodology. It gives you an overview of the major features of product planning, release planning, sprint planning, and sprint track. VersionOne is a versatile tool for an agile project with various size and scope. It is one of the best alternatives to JIRA present in the market.
- End-to-end agile platform to plan all of your stories
- Simple to use and it easily engages all teams
- Improves visibility, shares information, and manage projects effectively
- Plans, tracks, reports on all projects and portfolio
- Improves end to end continuous delivery
- Powerful portfolio management, reporting, metrics, and dashboard structure
- Keeps updated project progress in real-time
Pivotal Tracker – Product planning and management tool
Pivotal Tracker is an agile project management tool. This tool fosters collaboration in software development teams. It provides a shared view of team priorities to analyze progress.
- One view of the entire Project
- Powerful search syntax supports nested Boolean expressions
- Focused collaboration, release management
- Agile, Iterative Management Workflow
- Third party tools & built-in integrations
- Increase project visibility
- Create plans based on realistic estimates
Bugzilla – Open source tracking system
JIRA and Bugzilla are the two bug tracking tools that are widely being used by several organizations. Bugzilla is an open source tool for managing the software development process. It was originally created by the Mozilla foundation to track bugs. Unlike JIRA, Bugzilla makes it possible to find the initial status of new issues and then allows the admin to configure which transitions need comments.
- Keeps track of both bugs and changes in code
- Powerful search facility which is lacking in JIRA
- Create workflows of bugs
- Security patches published on a frequent basis
- Submits and reviews patches
- Supports various operating systems such as Windows, Unix, etc.
- Available in multiple languages
- Integrated email capabilities and reports
- Link different defects for tracking purpose
- Customizable user interface
Crocagile – Flexible agile software
Crocagile gives a much-needed boost to agile practices with cutting-edge technology. It is a clean and easy-to-use agile project management platform that offers collaboration through a modern, social dashboard, smart cards, chat, file sharing, and ticketing features.
- Keep track of cards on your plate, organized by workspace
- Update card status without deep-diving into a workspace
- View the list of achievements you’ve earned
- Track your achievements and practices
- Quickly manage your personal settings
ClickUp – Rated productivity software
ClickUp eliminates all the frustration that other tools cause because of it’s simple, intuitive interface. It is one of the newest Jira alternatives.
- Assign Comments when a task is too much
- Stay on the same page with collaboration detection
- Select multiple tasks
- Sort tasks by multiple attributes
- Integrations include Slack and GitHub
- Support is offered over the phone and via email
Select the Best JIRA Alternative For Your Needs
Before you decide which software to go with, here are a few questions to consider:
- What methodology are you looking for?
- What is your style of working and communication?
- What kind of reporting do you need?
- Are you working remotely?
- What integrations are you looking for?
Get answers for such questions before you make a decision. Make the right choice!
Managing multiple projects can’t get any easier! Start using ProofHub.