Whether you are a small business owner or heading multiple businesses, there would always be a number of activities going on every time. It could be a challenge to handle too many things at once and not let work become chaotic. This is why it makes sense for businesses to start using a business management software to stay on top of things.
These days more and more organizations or companies are investing in business management software to get things done, predict risks, and improve overall efficiency. Thus, it won’t be wrong to say that business management tools have come a long way and are constantly making things better for anyone involved in some sort of business.
Before we move further, let’s take a moment to define a business software and discuss its types briefly.
Table of Contents
- List of top 17 business management software
- What is a business management software?
- Types of commonly used business management software/ company management system
- How to choose the right company or business management software and platform
List of top 17 business management software
Let’s take a look at 17 best business management software that you should start using as early as possible:
ProofHub is a powerful business management software and platform that combines all the features you might need to take care of your business. You can streamline your processes, store and share files, share feedback under one roof with ProofHub. Its mobile app can be used by both Android and iOS users on the go.
- Effective project and task management
- Gantt charts to keep your projects on track
- Dynamic reports to get clear insights
- Time tracking to track time spent on tasks
Whether you are a consultant, freelancer, or small agency needing to track work across multiple projects, Todo.vu could be the right fit for your needs. It is a simple company management software that focuses on getting things done. It brings all your customer management and project management in one place with a beautiful and neat interface.
- Intuitive user interface
- Focused communication and real-time updates
- Built-in time tracking and billing
- Sync tasks with any calendar
StudioCloud has made a name for itself as a reliable business management platform and company management system in much less time. It is a one-stop solution for your business needs that contains all the features you need to manage your business anytime, anywhere. Go check this business tool to organize and simplify your life.
- Manage clients, partners, and vendors at one place
- Create and send professional invoices
- Send automated, personalized, text and email reminders
- Have clients review and sign contracts online
- Easily customize the look and feel of your software
Knowing how your business spends time is elementary, whether you bill for it or not. Timely streamlines the whole time tracking process by recording everything your team works on automatically. It dramatically reduces time management overhead, while improving reporting and invoicing accuracy.
- Automatic time tracking
- Real-time project dashboards
- Sophisticated, client-friendly reporting
- Hourly rates, capacity and overtime
5. Zoho One
Zoho One is a wholesome business management software and company management system that has everything you need to run your business on the operating system for your business with impressive 40 business apps. You just need to connect multiple apps so that different teams can work together productively.
- Manage almost every aspect of your business in one system
- Fosters collaboration with online document storage and sharing
- Automate personalized business workflows
Scoro is an all-in-one business management software designed to bring your teams, projects, sales, and reports together at a centralized place. With Scoro you can manage work more efficiently and be organized in every aspect of your business.
- Plan and track work with unlimited projects
- Manage quotes, contacts, and invoices seamlessly
- Track time and bill for completed work accurately
- Manage your entire business within a single solution
As a business management software/ company management system, iBE.net is an appropriate choice for mid-sized companies as it offers expense tracking, invoice reports, CRM support along with an easy integration of project details. It is extensively used in consulting, marketing, management, and other technical industries. It is like your entire business within your palm of hands.
- Customize your own dashboards
- Use pre-delivered reports
- Generate invoices in seconds
- Visualize, analyze, and organize your data with valuable insights
Odoo is an all-in-one business management software that offers a range of business applications which forms a complete suite of enterprise management applications. It covers CRM, eCommerce, accounting, inventory, sales, and project management. Odoo apps are perfectly integrated with each other, allowing you to fully automate your business processes.
- Unique framework with strong technical foundations
- Take a quick look at your business with dashboards
- Real-time communication makes way for better collaboration
Netsuite is a unified business management suite being used by more than 40,000 large, mid-sized, and small fast-growing businesses. It provides various tools for ERP, Financials, CRM, HR, eCommerce. It offers comprehensive functionality with industry-specific support for a broad range of industries means NetSuite works the way your business works.
- Cloud-based, mobile-enabled, and social
- Easily accessible reports and key performance indicators
- Highly flexible and customizable
- Effective resource management, project accounting, timesheet and expense management
Timecamp is a one-solution-fits-all business management solution that comes with a time tracker with computer activities, productivity monitoring, attendance tracking, integrations and more. The software tracks time automatically so you don’t have to worry about spending hours on figuring out how to do it. TimeCamp offers you an intuitive interface to get your team on board effortlessly.
- Create and send invoices based on time tracked per project and customer
- Seamless integrations with project management, accounting, help desk software and more
- Simple and intuitive interface
- assign the time entries to the right project, monitor employees’ internet usage and generate detailed reports
- Desktop and mobile app available for many platforms and devices
If you are looking for a software that offers a complete suite of management, collaboration, and communication tools, then Bitrix24 could be the ideal choice for your business. It is a complete business management software that takes care of your tasks and projects to document management along with real-time communication tools from video conferencing to group chat.
- An internal social network lets you collaborate easier, faster and more efficiently
- Get instant feedback, share ideas, create workgroups and engage your employees
- online multi-user editing and custom document approval workflows
- Sell more with Bitrix24’s CRM and sales team management
- It works on your iPhone, iPad or Android too
Apptivo delivers a wide array of functionalities in customer relationship management (CRM). It also helps your business to grow with project management, invoicing, and timesheet capabilities. If your business process has some specific needs, it can be easily customized.
- Track the complete sales process from anywhere with the online CRM software
- Collaborate on tasks, manage timesheets, and log expense reports
- Powerful ticketing system to deliver stellar customer support
- Billing system to send and receive online payments from anywhere
- Supply chain management with vendor tracking, purchasing, and inventory
HoneyBook is an all-in-one business management platform and company management system. From first contact to booking your ideal client, HoneyBook makes it easy for you to capture leads, manage projects, automate workflows, send contracts and invoices, and get paid.
- Mobile app so you can manage your business on the go
- Proposals and invoices optimized to get you booked
- Contracts your clients can sign in seconds
- Easy and intuitive workflows
- Design forward client experience
14. Atlassian JIRA
JIRA is a workflow mapping and project planning software that is designed to help software development teams of all sizes and industries. Kanban boards, burnout charts, project reporting tools, etc are some of the popular capabilities of this tool that support teams at various stages of the development lifecycle. Also, it integrates with various developer tools and is available as a cloud-based or on-premise solution.
- Roadmaps that are connected to real work
- Visualizing work in progress
- Bugs and defect management
- Polished user experience
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards
Trello is a web-based project management application that is designed to fit every unique need and work styles. From sales and marketing to HR and software development, Trello helps teams to customize its functionality to meet their specific project management needs. And with more than 100+ integrations (including tools like Google Drive, Slack, Jira and more), Trello makes it easier for teams to get their ideas to action in seconds.
- Easy organization with tags, labels, and categories
- Drag and drop functionality
- Mobile functionality to access boards on the go
- Quick overview on front and back of cards
- Texts and visuals fit any screen size
Favro is an all-in-one project planning and collaboration software that is designed to help teams stay on the same page. The features and functionalities of this software solution scale across any business or team. So, whether you’re a team of developers, marketers, or executives, Favro works for all. It improves flexibility and visibility across projects by bringing teams in one place.
- Multiple view boards
- Department collections
- Time reporting
- Time sheets
- Estimation fields
Connecteam is a leading business management software solution, designed for deskless teams and Enterprise companies. Taking care of your business operations has never been easier with robust features that can be managed while on the go and at any time. From time tracking to job scheduling, automated checklists and forms, one-on-one or group chat, surveys, digital training and onboarding, efficient task management, and so much more is available on a sleek and easy to use interface.
- GPS empowered time tracking
- Efficient timesheet management and payroll processing
- Real-time and detailed reports
- Streamlined communication and better engagement
- Simple and intuitive job scheduling – from planning to distribution
- Better transparency and accountability with on the go task management
What is a business management software?
A business management software, by definition is an application or set of programs that help businesses support, improve, and automate their processes. Such software assist in eliminating errors, completing business tasks, reporting activities and increases overall efficiency and effectiveness.
All in all, a business management tool or company management system is designed in such a way that it meets the requirements of business processes in the most effective manner.
Types of commonly used business management software/ company management system
Deciding a project management software for your business or company isn’t always an easy task as there are different types of business software used for different purposes. Below are some commonly used software in businesses:
- Business invoicing programs
- Asset management software
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Database software
- Word processing programs
How to choose the right company or business management software and platform
There are so many factors that go into consideration while choosing a management software for your business. It depends on factors such as the size, needs, tasks, and processes that need to be automated in a business. Besides, make sure your business management software and company management system has the following features:
- Project and task management
- Time tracking capabilities
- File storage and document sharing
- Invoice and budget management
- Resource management
We would love to know which business management tools and solutions are you using to support your business? Share your experience in the comment section.