Collaboration tools are software and platforms designed to help managers and teams work together on projects, tasks, or goals, regardless of their physical locations. These tools facilitate communication, file sharing, project management, and overall collaboration among team members. There are various types of collaboration tools, and they can serve different purposes depending on the needs of the users.
To simplify your selection, we have categorized these collaboration tools into 13 categories.
So, jump straight to the category you want to explore and get you the one that best suits your needs. 🥳
Table of Contents
- List of best collaboration tools & software for business
- Project management tools 🚀
- Communication & Collaboration Tools 💬
- Design Tools 🧑🎨
- Time Tracking Tools ⏱⏳
- File Sharing Tools 📂
- Video Conferencing Tools 🎥
- Documentation Tools 📑
- Note-Taking Tools ✍️
- Customer support tools 💁
- Organizational tools 🗂️🧾
- Social Media tools 😍
- Software development tools 👩🏻💻
- Email collaboration tools 📨
- What are online collaboration tools?
List of best collaboration tools & software for business
Project management tools 🚀
ProofHub is a powerful and robust online collaboration tool to bring every team member on the same page while allowing you to manage teams and projects all together.
It brings together all the essential tools to foster teamwork and stay on top of your tasks. You can easily break a daunting project into tasks and smaller subtasks and delegate them directly to your team members to reduce the workload.
Not only this but ProofHub makes it much easier to streamline projects and stay on schedule with its built-in Kanban boards and Gantt charts. By using a Kanban board it becomes possible to see tasks moving through different stages of the project. On the other hand, a Gantt chart lets you view how each task fits in the overall timeline of the project along with the assignees.
What is unique about ProofHub?
Here are some key collaboration features that you will get in ProofHub:
Review files related to projects, give feedback and approve them in real-time. Moreover, you can use markup tools to annotate files and point out the specific regions that should be modified.
When you need to brainstorm or collect thoughts from people on your team to resolve a particular matter, you can create dedicated spaces in ProofHub as discussion topics. Add people, grab the attention of team members by mentioning them in comments, and share files within a discussion space.
- Chat app 👥
Team collaboration is incomplete without communication. ProofHub enables all the members of a team to be on the same page with its chat tool. You can use the chat interface to connect with your colleagues either in a one-on-one chat or a group chat. You also have the flexibility to send files directly from your chat box and say goodbye to clunky emails.
Store and organize all the files of your projects in a common space. The cloud storage offered by ProofHub makes it possible to upload files from your system or other third-party file hosting services like Google Drive and DropBox. You can even share and collaborate on files with your team members using ProofHub.
- Communication features like Instant chat, Discussions, @Mentions, Real-time updates, and Announcements facilitate seamless collaboration across teams.
- Team members, clients, and stakeholders share a common platform for improved co-ordination on work
- Eliminates chaotic work processes with better organization and prioritization through features like a Table view, Board view, Scheduling calendar, etc.
- Ease of usage, simple learning curve, and intuitive interface make it a hassle-free collaboration software even for less tech-savvy users.
- A suite of work management features in one place eliminates the need to use 6-7 various software for team collaboration.
- Online proofing enables quick collaboration on designs and documents through markup tools.
- You can automate recurring tasks to save time and make sure you don’t miss out on anything important
- You can choose standard workflows or customize workflows as per project requirements.
- Email notifications can be overwhelming.
- Doesn’t support invoicing.
The second one on the list of tools for online collaboration is Filestage. Filestage gives teams the easiest possible way to manage the content review process.
The project management software and platform make it simple for internal and external stakeholders to leave in-context feedback on videos, images, PDFs, and more. The tool also generates to-do lists based on those comments to make sure your team never misses a piece of feedback.
With Filestage, you can review and approve in real-time, external partners and clients can comment without registering, and version control makes projects easy to manage and easy to see as to which stakeholders have approved a file.
What is unique about Filestage?
- Easy review – FileStage makes feedback gathering simple. And most importantly, you don’t even have to sign-up if you are a reviewer.
- Comments – reviewers can directly comment on files to share feedback making the process easy and less time-consuming.
- Consistency – by giving you a central place to review files and share feedback, FileStage helps you develop consistency in your feedback-sharing process.
- Creative management – with easy-to-use features for reviewing and feedback sharing, FileStage aids in creative management and quick collaboration for teams as well.
- Time saver – by simplifying the process of creative reviews and approvals, the software saves a lot of time that was earlier spent by teams juggling through email threads.
- Great collaboration software to give and receive feedback on internal and external projects.
- Neat and simple user interface.
- Great customer support service.
- Share files and projects with as many people as you like.
- Clear documentation and approval from customers.
- Reviewers can review and add comments without even registering.
- No mobile app version is available.
- Complex dashboard layout.
GanttPRO is a project collaboration tool with greater dependencies on Gantt charts. It gives teams a feel of home and lots of possibilities to collaborate on their projects.
To start with, GanttPRO offers task management capabilities with dozens of settings like statuses, priorities, assignees, duration & estimation, time tracking, deadlines, and many others for you to know who is working on what. Along with, real-time descriptions, comments, attachments, and notifications to simplify all the collaboration work.
One more great feature is resource management which allows the reallocation of overloaded/underloaded resources efficiently. The learning curve is pretty short, so you and your team can easily give it a try.
What is unique about GanttPRO?
- It works just the right way – correct dependencies, ideal Work Breakdown structure, and smooth functionality.
- Easy-to-use online Gantt chart maker – interactive online Gantt chart maker for planning and controlling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Automatic online project scheduling – with drag-and-drop simplicity.
- Resource planning and resource management – Add resources to your Gantt charts and connect them to specific tasks online.
- Time log – Log the actual time spent on tasks, and milestones, and add comments.
- Improved customer relationship management.
- Facilitates seamless collaboration.
- Ensures data security and file fidelity is observed at all times.
- Numerous templates allow for instant tasks and scheduled assignments.
- Well-designed, easy to learn, and use.
- Includes custom fields for tasks, kanban board view, and critical path feature.
- Limited integrations.
- No billing or invoicing.
Inspired by the idea of a collective brain, Nuclino is a unified online collaboration tool where teams can bring all their knowledge, docs, and projects together in one place.
It’s a modern, simple, and blazingly fast way to collaborate, without the chaos of files and folders, context switching, or silos. You can create collaborative documents for every topic or project and organize them visually into a nested list, a Kanban board, or a mindmap-style graph.
Versatile yet intuitive, Nuclino offers a clean and user-friendly interface that has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
What is unique about Nuclino?
- Unified space for all your work – you can use Nuclino to build your internal knowledge base, collaborate on documents in real-time, manage your projects and tasks, onboard new employees, and more, replacing multiple other collaboration tools.
- Lightweight and intuitive design – Nuclino focuses on the essentials, doing away with clunky menus and rarely-used options, and minimizing the learning curve for new users.
- Speed – every interaction in Nuclino is optimized for speed, with no spinners or loading screens.
- Views – the list, board, and graph views help you organize your docs and projects in a way that best fits your workflow.
- Integrations – Nuclino seamlessly integrates with Slack, Google Drive, Figma, Lucidchart, and a wide range of other tools, helping you keep all your work in sync.
- Real-time collaboration.
- Users can add text, images, videos, files, tasks, embeds, code blocks, and more.
- Multiple views for any workflow – List view, Board view, Table view, Graph view.
- Find anything quickly with an Instant search.
- Organize everything instantly with workspaces and collections.
- Simple, intuitive, and lightweight.
- Easily undo unwanted or accidental changes by restoring versions.
- Limited functionality for managing documentation.
- Not suitable for large organizations.
Basecamp with its decent toolkit is one of the most sought-after project management team collaboration tools.
Apart from its project management capabilities, the platform with its built-in collaboration features like message boards, campfires (group chats), and team schedules, promotes collaboration within the teams like no other.
A very thick silver lining is also there which allows external clients to contribute to the tasks without altering the internal management in any possible way.
What is unique about Basecamp?
- Message board – Basecamp’s internal message board makes collaboration an easy task by keeping the entire project conversation on a single page.
- Client access: It provides a single platform for both clients and team members to share files and documents, and communicate and collaborate.
- Hill charts – Get an in-detail idea about task progress with Basecmap’s this exclusive feature.
- Campfires – With Basecamp’s in-built group chats asking for updates and collaborating on any projects with the team becomes super-convenient.
- Doors – Basecamp’s door opens up the world to you by allowing you to connect to other tools while using Basecamp.
- Flat-fee pricing. Add as many users as you want to.
- Centralized document storage space.
- Simple and easy-to-use user interface.
- Ease to customize and control user access.
- Easy to respond to messages via email.
- Might not fulfill modern project management needs.
- Adding subtasks to the main task is difficult.
Asana being the old player has made itself recognized in the arena of project management. The tool promises a great collaboration framework for teams of small sizes.
The platform is a pick of many industry leaders due to its multiple views offerings that allow them to stay on top of every team member’s work and task progress.
Also, Asana cuts down the email fog to streamline the task flow by getting the teams on the same page and bringing transparency across.
What is unique about Asana?
- Timeline and Boards to visualize task progress.
- Shared workspace area to collaborate on projects.
- Calendar to view task due dates.
- Projects to have a complete overview of tasks.
- Recurring tasks automation.
- Multiple third-party integrations are available.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration.
- Interactive and user-friendly interface.
- Lacks in-detail insights reporting.
- Assigning tasks to multiple team members is not possible.
Communication & Collaboration Tools 💬
Slack is the foundation of teamwork and shared understanding across your team. It helps you communicate and collaborate without emails by setting a standard for online team communication.
You can even create channels to collaborate and share documents on a particular topic. With the powerful mobile and desktop application, millions of people are using Slack to bring their teams together and drive their business’s growth forward.
What’s unique about Slack?
- Find answers you need: Slack builds a platform to have team conversations, make decisions, and put knowledge in everyone’s hands.
- Streamlines your workflow: Slack has an open API to keep your team coordinated and working faster within the context of your conversations. Slack apps go where you like to work: in a web browser, synced to your desktop, and portable on a smartphone or tablet.
- Search: You can search for all Slack content from one search box including conversations, files, links, and even content that’s integrated with Google Drive or tweets.
- Integrate Slack with other services: Connection with other services like Google Drive, Google chat, Twitter, Asana, Trello, and others can be pulled into conversations.
- Pinning important messages saves time from scrolling and finding important information.
- The advanced search option helps you find information quickly.
- Set reminders and stay on top of everything.
- Facilitates both internal and external communication.
- Allows integration with file management tools like Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Easy to access both on desktops and mobile phones.
- Can be addictive like social media apps.
- Offers limited storage space.
8. Troop Messenger
The user navigation across this business chat application is promisingly seamless for any novice user. Its impressive and immersive user interfaces make each feature self-explanatory to the end-users. Troop Messenger is cross-platform enabled; it is available on Windows, Linux, Browser, Android, and iOS.
Troop Messenger’s Orange Member feature enables non-company employees to be a part of the application with their public/private domain email IDs.
What is unique about Troop Messenger?
- One place for all your communications – Troop Messenger offers the option to carry out audio and video calling, along with voice messaging and chat messaging all at one place to unify your communication efforts.
- In-app help – there is in-app help available for users to get answers to your How to and all your FAQs about using the app.
- Confidentiality – Carry out private conversations that are not stored anywhere. Set a time stipulated time period for your chats and keep them confidential.
- Screen sharing – you can share your screen with others in your team for a better understanding of the tasks and work in real timeSlack is the foundation of teamwork and shared understanding across your team. It helps you communicate and collaborate without emails by setting a standard for online team communication.
- File sharing – using Troop Messenger you can also share files instantly and easily across individuals as well as groups.
- Search – Troop Messenger gives you the option to carry out a Global Search as well as a Text Search, along with advanced search filters for easy and quick information retrieval.
- Facilitates real-time communication.
- One-on-one or Group audio and video calling.
- You can share text files, PDFs, PPTs, images, videos, and URLs across 1:1 and group chats.
- End-to-End encryption.
- Remote screen sharing.
- Role-based access controls.
- Limited integrations.
- Steep learning curve.
Chanty is another great online collaboration platform for your business messenger. It helps teams foster healthy relationships while improving the way team members collaborate.
It makes your team communication transparent and accessible by not only allowing you to text but also do audio and video call. You can even share your screen with other team members while on call.
By featuring instant messages with plenty of storage space, an unlimited searchable history, and handy file sharing you can enjoy seamless communication with your teams.
What is unique about Chanty?
- Chanty integrations – transform a simple team messenger into a powerful business tool.
- Predict responses – The artificial intelligence powering Chanty team messenger uses machine learning to estimate responses.
- Super fast – desktop and mobile apps with a clean and intuitive interface.
- High-quality communication – Chanty lets you communicate with your team via audio and video calls that will be available in the public beta.
- Public and private conversations
- A wide range of collaboration tools to help you collaborate with your team.
- Workflow management.
- Integrates with various apps and software.
- Suitable for businesses of any size and type.
- Full-featured apps for Android and iOS
- Straightforward user interface
- Free version with limitations.
- The app gets slow at times.
Flock is another great Slack alternative that increases team productivity by reducing emails. It offers a seamless and easy way of communication within teams (either in groups or individually).
Being one of the best online collaboration tools for business, you can connect with your team on messages, and video calls, manage projects with to-dos, group discussions, polls, and reminders, and integrate your favorite apps.
No longer will you have to waste your time on meetings as you can discuss ideas on Flock chat.
What’s unique about Flock?
- To-do lists – You can add a to-do right to your account. To-do lists can be personal or collaborative.
- Read-only channels – which allow for certain kinds of organizational information, such as HR rules or updates from a legal department to have a dedicated place in a team messaging app.
- Retained Information – You can migrate a Slack account to Flock without losing a history of conversations just because you want to use a different tool.
- Integrations – Flock helps you connect to apps that are not supported by turning to IFTTT or Zapier.
- Supports lots of integrations.
- Full-featured messaging.
- Audio-Video conferencing.
- Productivity tools.
- File sharing.
- Communication management.
- Search functionality.
- To-do list, Reminders, and Project notes.
- Less file format support in file-sharing mode.
- No private or voice note option on this platform.
Nextiva’s small business VoIP solution is perfect for businesses looking to collaborate with customers effortlessly through unlimited calls. They can even port their existing phone number over to Nextiva.
This online collaboration platform offers full business phone service capabilities with advanced features such as local phone numbers, call pop, automated greetings, voicemail-to-email, SMS text messaging, mobile apps, HD hold music, and more.
Nextiva comes at great value and has been ranked the #1 business communications platform by experts such as Gartner, GetVoIP, and more.
What is unique about Nextiva?
- Quick collaboration – Nextiva allows you to communicate with team members via audio and video calls, giving you the option to carry out quick and meaningful conversations as per your requirements.
- Unlimited texting – you also get the option to send unlimited text messages to and from your business phone number using this VoIP system.
- Call forwarding and auto attendant – to streamline call routing, Nextiva offers an auto attendant feature. You can also forward your calls to the office phone and better handle the call traffic.
- Voicemail to email – you can even listen to voicemails and call recordings from your email account using this powerful app (desktop as well as mobile)
- Put calls in the queue – with Nextiva you also get the feature of call queuing that allows you to turn call waiting, call forwarding, and voicemail on for all the incoming calls to your business.
- Highly customizable auto-attendant.
- Stable call quality and service.
- Proactive customer support.
- Advanced call management.
- Call routing.
- Voicemail transcription.
- Inbuilt CRM software.
- Poor mobile app support.
- Expensive pricing.
- Confusing interface.
Fleep is a messenger built for ultimate project collaboration. It keeps away the countless threads of email and meetings and makes chatting with team members easy and simple.
You can even create tasks and ask for updates from the team members. Lifting all the restriction barriers, Fleep allows you to assess the details from any platform. (No matter mobile or desktop)
You should give Fleep a try as it supports dynamic communication with your colleagues from other companies, or within your company, sharing files and making audio and video calls.
What is unique about Fleep?
- Task management — Fleep has lightweight task management built into the software for ultimate project collaboration.
- Pinboard – Pin important messages to the side of each conversation.
- Google Chat – Sharing files and integration with Google chat.
- Audio video calling and screen sharing – you can discuss things on a call.
- Set yourself a reminder – You can do this with the IFTTT integration.
- Streamlines task management.
- Easy to set up and organize conversations.
- Open-source communication and seamless file sharing.
- Users can convert text into tasks while discussing projects.
- Making a to-do list while brainstorming or debating.
- Impressive integrations.
- Voice call quality takes a dip sometimes.
- Some problems with cross-device compatibility.
13. Google chat
Google after proving itself the Jack of all trades, has been making progress in the field of collaboration. Or is it Google’s strategy to take over everything under its umbrella?
Well, whatever it is, there is no doubt why Google Chat is on this list. Google Chat, known earlier by the name Google Hangout is a collaboration tool businesses can use to have both 1:1 and group conversations.
With Google chat, you can create channels to quickly chat and share files with team members anytime and from anywhere. The team can communicate by direct messaging and be connected always.
What’s unique about Google Chat?
- Google search to locate previous conversations.
- In-built Google secure infrastructure to have a security check at all times.
- Google bots to automate tasks.
- Collaborative working via chat and Google Docs.
- Works well for users who need a simple and free communication tool.
- Seamlessly integrates with Google and third-party apps.
- Offers instant messaging, voice calling, and video calling.
- Character limitation.
- Limited functionality makes it extremely basic.
Design Tools 🧑🎨
Mockplus is the one-stop product design online collaboration platform that allows product teams to create website or mobile app projects online smoothly from wireframing to design handoff.
It is highly beneficial and can also be used as a powerful project management tool to manage projects and design tasks in a breeze.
The platform also facilitates developers and designers to import designs and assets by plugins from Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, and Ps.
What’s unique about Mockplus?
Product teams that need to make all projects under control can enjoy many great management features:
- Organize and manage projects – in hierarchical folders
- Manage all projects and members – with role-based permissions
- Create, track, and manage – all design tasks easily, even at a quick glance
As a powerful online design tool, you and your team can enjoy many design features like:
- Create high-fidelity wireframes or prototypes online with drag-and-drop
- Real-time commenting, specs, develop handoff
- Easy to use and low learning curve.
- Huge library of elements (200) and icons(3,000) for many different devices.
- Create interactive prototypes with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Online collaboration streamlines the design process.
- You can markup your designs with comments and notes.
- Lack of support documentation.
- No support for gesture-based interaction.
Canva is a simple graphic design tool to make visual content look decent. You can make unique designs in just a few minutes and share them with your team.
The credibility and ease of use of this feature-rich online collaboration platform are the same as any simple design tool. You can pick from thousands of layouts for your designs and also create your custom template.
Also, collaborating with teams is much easier with Canva. Designers can share their designs with anyone and other team members can leave their comments.
What is unique about Canva?
- Crop your photos for great framing and masterful composition
- Access to over 8000 templates
- Team administrative controls
- Create stunning designs with the best graphics, photos, and fonts
- Even a non-designer can learn to design using Canva.
- Very simple to use and user-friendly.
- Offers a wide range of inbuilt social media templates.
- Several effects to enhance photos.
- Access 75+ million photos and videos and 420,000+ templates with the Canva Pro plan.
- Drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to work with photos, templates, videos, and fonts.
- You cannot create unique elements.
- It can take a lot of time to learn its array of features.
16. Adobe XD
Adobe XD is an in-one UX/UI solution for designing websites, mobile apps, and more. Designed for both Mac and Windows, it is a part of the creative cloud.
This team collaboration tool allows designers to switch from static layouts to interactive prototypes in a single click and make required adjustments in real-time.
Designers can connect it with their favorite tools like Dropbox, Avocode, and others to collaborate with team members on design projects.
What is unique about Adobe?
- Manage documents and track the ones you’ve shared across desktop, mobile, and web
- Change text and formatting, edit lists, and add, rotate, and resize images
- Apply PDF passwords and permissions
- Fill forms faster with automatic tool selection
- track status, send reminders, cancel requests, replace signers
- Extremely competitive entry price.
- You don’t have to keep paying for upgrades.
- Per-device licenses and per-named-stoner licenses help to keep costs under control.
- A sheer number of design tools.
- Easy cropping and resizing.
- Integrated stock library.
- Easy to use photo correction.
- Downloads are not movable from computer to computer.
- Slow upgradation of the app.
InVision is a comprehensive prototyping software and a very useful collaboration tool for not only designing user interfaces for mobile applications and digital interactive products but collaborating with commenting.
With InVision, you can manage your projects from a single dashboard and seamlessly navigate the entire design process in one place. The clients can provide instant feedback in the form of comments.
The tool allows users to collaborate, upload wireframes, and designs, gather feedback seamlessly, and test much more effectively and efficiently.
What is unique about InVision?
- Create rich interactive prototypes
- Seamlessly communicate, gather feedback, and move projects forward
- Intuitive vector-based drawing and flexible layers
- Navigate the entire design process in one place keeping everyone notified of changes
- Code-free design prototyping UI tools.
- Real-time meetings and whiteboarding.
- Intuitively designed and easy to use for people of all technical levels.
- Optimized onboarding flow.
- Multi-use interactive prototypes.
- Designed for everyone; from freelancers to global corporations.
- Streamlines the back-and-forth process of sending PDFs or screenshots of mockups.
- Expensive for larger teams.
- Doesn’t permit real-time editing.
Viewflux is a tool designed for small businesses and remote workers, allowing you to see all of your projects in one place resulting in better design and collaboration.
With a few simpler steps, you can create interactive and attractive themes from static designs. You can even sync your designs from Dropbox and make changes as needed.
Apart from creating visuals that stand out, you can even communicate with your clients visually and get visual feedback so that all stakeholders are on the same page throughout the design process.
What is unique about Viewflux?
- Create interactive prototypes from static designs
- Communicate with your clients visually, directly on top of designs
- Manually add design revisions
- Create clickable prototypes from your designs and seamlessly collaborate with clients.
- Unlimited files can be uploaded and no email attachment limitations.
- Real-time presentation and discussion enable using arrow, spot, or rectangular hotspot.
- Feedback turns into a to-do task.
- Older design versions can be saved later and even restored.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously can be confusing.
- Less interactive.
Sketch is a Mac app for UX design deliverables. The platform is a complete tool in itself for web design businesses – small, large, solo professionals, or scaling up.
It takes the pain out of working with repeated design elements so that designers can design once and use it anywhere. You can find some nested symbols in Sketch to create flexible design elements with ease.
With more than being a complete design platform, Sketch allows users to collaborate on designs by analyzing and providing feedback in any browser.
What is unique about Sketch:
- Intuitive interface and an expansive plugin ecosystem
- Link Artboards, add simple animations and turn static screens into clickable prototypes
- Create, update, and share designs in one place
- Offers world-class pixel precision, vector editing, export presets, prototyping
- Easy to use, high fidelity.
- Massive user-created plugins to enhance Sketch in almost every way possible.
- Seamless integration with other design software.
- Design linting built-in to make sure everything is connected to a style.
- Users can work offline on any locally stored files.
- Flawless PDF import.
- Inflexible styles can make redesigning and rebranding an awful, lengthy experience.
- Lack of live collaboration features within the app.
- Only runs on MacOS.
ONE by TemplateMonster is a valuable subscription service provider that provides users with a multitude of high-quality 316200+ digital products, web-design tools, various extensions, and graphics.
When you become a part of this service, you get access to a bunch of ready-made solutions – from themes designed for popular CMS to HTML templates. Each of them can be downloaded freely and used without any limitations.
By the way, it is possible to effectively cut your time (you could spend on mastering your websites) using extra services provided by the team.
What is unique about One:
- Unlimited options – themes, plugins, templates, stock images, and whatnot, One is truly the one-stop shop for everything that you need for your web development and creative needs.
- No license – just pay once and use the entire bouquet of services offered by One for the entire year, without having to worry about licenses or per-service fees.
- Discounts – by subscribing to this service, you become eligible for availing discounts of up to 50% on TemplateMonster products.
- Drafting Pro Mockup Tool – you also get access to this premium mockup tool for free for an entire year.
- Special deals – besides this, you also get an opportunity to avail special deals and discounts on web hosting services.
- Download unlimited digital products for your creative projects.
- Each product comes with a lifetime license.
- 24/7 support and help.
- Weekly product releases.
- The end product continues to work after the license is over.
- Different services to improve your workflow.
- You cannot download your favorite products once your license expires.
- Paid technical support for customization and installation services can be expensive for beginners.
Time Tracking Tools ⏱⏳
Toggl is one of the best online collaboration tools for managers, team members, and stakeholders to have a clear overview of the team’s workloads and availability.
With its no-hassle time tracking software, you can better take control of your time, boost productivity, centralize work information, share timelines, and even increase revenue with Toggl.
It integrates with tens of different project management tools and makes the project manager’s life a lot easier.
What’s unique about Toggl?
- Log time anywhere on the web – Connect your timer to more than 100 web tools via a browser extension and track time anywhere.
- Instant overview of your billable time and team progress
- Real-time time entries and collaboration
- Automatically notify your team when they’ve forgotten to log hours, schedule their reports straight to your inbox
- Offline time tracking & mobile functionalities
- Integration with your favorite productivity tools
- Available on all platforms, a wide range of features.
- Generous free tire of service and integration with other apps.
- Visually appealing reports.
- Simple onboarding process.
- Built-in Pomodoro timer.
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- A limited number of tags.
- No client invoicing or payroll features.
TimeCamp, also known as an automatic time tracker, is an online time-tracking collaboration tool. The platform is equipped with quite a considerable amount of features to track time.
Great for both freelancers and teams, the platform allows users to create tasks and subtasks and assign hours to them. It also has a timesheet integration to track and bill time spent on projects.
Teams all over the world can easily track time without the headache of timesheets.
What’s unique about TimeCamp?
- Easily billable hours tracking
- TimeCamp is equipped with quite a considerable amount of features
- TimeCamp is integrable with PayPal, enabling users to track their payments for issued invoices on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to track time from mobile apps, desktop, and web.
- Several integrations with popular business software.
- Invoicing tools streamline tracking billable hours.
- Create tasks and projects in TimeCamp.
- You can self-correct any distracting habits and use your time more productively.
- Unorganized project interface.
- The mobile app could be better.
Timely is an automation time tracking tool and one of the best team collaboration tools that is of great value for individuals in project development.
With this AI-powered time-tracking software, you can not only track time, but teams, projects, and plans all together in one place. Timely is beautifully designed to lay out your scheduled activity next to your actual activity.
With Timely, your schedule is your timer.
What’s unique about Timely?
- Timely combines scheduling and time tracking in one place
- Timely allows you to set budgets for your projects and automatically deducts employee hours from that budget.
- Memory aims to ensure you know exactly how you spend your time, with the goal of maximizing efficiency.
- Ideal for different types of businesses.
- Invoicing, payment support, automated email, and SMS reminders.
- Self-explanatory and simple to use.
- Easy to review calendar.
- Easy access from any device.
- An in-depth analytical reporting engine.
- Fantastic support team.
- Unintuitive menu layouts.
- Expensive premium tier version.
ClickTime is one of those time-tracking tools that are particularly great for project-driven teams like programmers, engineers, developers, and professionals working in other sections of the IT department.
With timesheets in ClickTime, you can increase project visibility, reduce costs, and stay on top of every project. You can even customize your timesheets as per your needs – as not every business work on the same operations.
Moreover, timesheets also help you reveal new insights, and understand patterns and employee performance – all from a simple sheet!
What’s unique about ClickTime
- On-demand reports surface key metrics and progress against organizational goals
- Instantly know which projects are over or under budget
- Approve timesheets, time off, and billable hours with ease
- Easily uncover what’s working, what’s not, and where things can be improved
- Track time on your phone and laptop to manage budgets and plan employee time
- Extensive time reports are easy to understand.
- Time tracking syncs to timesheets, providing real-time updates.
- Simplicity and ease of use.
- You can predict the profitability of your business.
- Efficient allocation of team’s work hours.
- Improved productivity through analysis of where employee time is spent.
- Can be difficult to manage multiple clients.
- Not visually appealing.
With so many distractions around, RescueTime becomes your savior in helping you prioritize your work so you can stay focused and be more productive all around the clock.
The smart coaching of RescueTime creates insights by measuring your focus and creating a day-end summary report to help you stay on track. The platform even blocks the sites that hinder your productivity and ability to focus.
It is a personal analytics service that shows you how you spend your time and provides tools to help you be more productive.
What’s unique about RescueTime
- Gives you detailed reports and data based on your activity
- Lets you block distracting websites for a certain period of time
- Log highlights about what you accomplished during the day
- Runs securely in the background on your computer and mobile devices
- Array of activity-tracking capabilities.
- Users can block distracting websites.
- Goal-setting properties and task-tracking attributes.
- Flexible enough to offer different data forms.
- Progress monitoring.
- Track offline activities.
- Mobile apps need work.
- Lack of scheduling.
Clockodo is a dedicated online time-tracking software for small and medium enterprises that records users’ work, helps to collaborate, and provides reports even when there is no internet.
The platform also allows you to create customizable reports with all the data, indicators, and charts as per your requirements to figure out the task or employee performance at a glance.
Your employees can track working hours online, quickly, simply, and reliably.
What’s unique about Clockodo?
- Oversee resources – You can evaluate your scheduled and actual working hours.
- The faster issue of invoices – Use automatically generated time sheets to bill your projects faster and more accurately.
- Clockodo does not divulge any data to third parties and complies with German data protection regulations.
- SSL encryption is used in all communications.
- Neatly laid out user interface with everything well organized.
- You are not required to give your credit card information when your free trial is over.
- SSL encryption ensures all data and communication is managed safely and securely.
- API interface enables users to customize the platform as per their needs.
- Compatible with mobile applications allowing you to use time tracking in any project you undertake.
- You can protect your information thanks to the possibility of keeping backup copies.
- Application lag sometimes.
Harvest is a web-based time-tracking online collaboration tool that harnesses the power of time-tracking and goes way beyond to foster online collaboration in the most effective manner.
It also supports a resource planning tool that helps you schedule future projects and assign team members based on capacity. Also, with Harvest in operations, apart from time tracking, you can even generate and issue invoices by tracking expenses for every client.
It is a robust and easy-to-use time-tracking application that easily integrates with iOS, Android, and even Apple Watch.
What’s unique about Harvest
- Harvest makes it easy to track time and expenses
- Submit timesheets, track billable, and non-billable hours and send invoices
- Intuitive visual reports to keep projects on track
- Simple and flexible time tracking app.
- The mobile app makes work convenient.
- Seamless invoice payments.
- Billable time tracking.
- Team scheduling and resource planning.
- Team performance tracking.
- Lack of sales tax integration.
- Missing batch-assign functionality.
File Sharing Tools 📂
Dropbox is a simple and powerful way to revolutionize the standards of collaboration. This file-sharing and storing tool keeps your team in sync like the hands of the clock.
Keeping up with the business lifestyle when on the go asks for a centralized platform for files. And Dropbox comes to your rescue here. Also, its business version allows more space (1 terabyte, or enough to store 250 movies) and more features, and higher sharing limits.
You can even sync your Dropbox content to ProofHub for managing tasks and projects. Send files and folders and keep your work safe in Dropbox.
What’s unique about DropBox?
- Share files and folders with others in order to collaborate.
- Send links via email or chat messages and access your documents easily from anywhere on any device.
- Safely sync them across all your devices.
- Dedicated live support.
- Use it anywhere, on any device.
- Basic features are effortless to use.
- Secure and Backup your files.
- Offline capabilities.
- Real-time collaboration capabilities.
- Limited storage for free users.
- Costly pricing.
29. Microsoft OneDrive
OneDrive is a document collaboration tool with which your team can not only store photos, documents, videos, and more but sync and access your files anytime, anywhere.
A Microsoft product, OneDrive, allows you and your colleagues to easily collaborate on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote from your desktop, mobile device, and the web. (Only when you are a user of Microsoft 365)
With OneDrive, you can work seamlessly with tools you use every day to create, communicate and collaborate effectively with your system.
What is unique about OneDrive?
- OneDrive has a program that organizes your information and puts you in control of Versioning, Content Approval, Workflows, and others.
- OneDrive supplies users with up to 1TB of storage space for a very affordable rate.
- With OneDrive you can use it as a cloud storage system
- OneDrive offers Android and iOS apps to ensure agents can use it even when not in the office.
- Ease of access.
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- Intuitive file sharing.
- Access controls.
- Bandwidth limiting.
- Files on demand.
- Privacy blindspots.
- Data vulnerability.
- Special character limitations.
- Limited backup functionality.
WeTransfer outshines itself by allowing you to not only benefit from sharing your content, videos, images, and more but makes team collaboration simple and smooth too.
With WeTransfer keep your things simple, transfer your files from A to B using a web browser service, and get instant feedback on it without requiring any other platform.
You can also personalize the way you share your files, and take your story to amazing places with captivating ideas.
What is unique about WeTransfer:
- Customizable backgrounds, URLs, and emails
- Long-term storage
- Large-size file transfers on the go
- Password-protected transfers
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality.
- Share large files for free.
- Integrations with apps like Slack, Sketch, and Thunderbird.
- Quick and simple file sharing.
- Intuitive design.
- Access files from any device with a browser.
- No encryption option for free users.
- Password protection for paid users only.
The Hightail, being the online file collaboration tool, serves two primary purposes: online file sharing and creative collaborative features. It helps teams manage projects from start to finish
With this online collaboration software, teams can easily collaborate on files, share images, send large files, videos, and PDFs, and protect data shared with clients and other team members. As the clients are in the loop, they can provide feedback on files anytime and all the changes can be tracked easily.
The collaborative platform aims to eliminate sharing files through emails, where most of the miscommunications can occur.
What’s unique about Hightail
- Recipients get notified whenever a file is shared with them
- Send and track delivery of files up to 100GB
- Collect precise feedback in one place
- Sync files from Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox
- A wide range of security features for sharing files.
- Provides confirmation of document delivery.
- Simple file-syncing.
- Supports basic collaboration on visual files.
- Electronic document signature feature.
- Shared files are securely encrypted.
- Functionality fragmented across multiple apps.
- Limited collaboration.
- Doesn’t show file size when uploading.
With much debatable comparison between Dropbox and Box, the latter is a file-sharing service that helps you create, edit, review, and share documents from anywhere in real-time.
Being much more focused on security and encryption, Box secures crucial information like financial data, personal identification details, and more, despite files being stored on Cloud. You can access, edit, and share them from any device.
In Box, you get 10 GB of storage and a 250 MB file-upload limit. It is trusted by more than 50,000 organizations across the world.
What’s unique about Box
- Secure file upload, viewing, and sharing
- Uses protection measures like customer-managed encryption, granular permissions, and mobile security
- Complies with data retention and regulatory policies
- Easily integrable with third-party apps such as Slack, IBM, G Suite, and more
- Great for secure storage of files of any size.
- Excellent customer service.
- Easy to set up.
- Access control.
- Granular permissions.
- Version history.
- Integrates with many third-party services.
- Can be slow when sharing large files.
- Steep learning curve.
SugarSync is a cloud file-sharing, file sync, and online backup service that is simple, powerful, and easy to use. It makes it easy to access all your folders across any of your devices, making it easy to get things done while giving you the peace of mind that your important files are always protected.
What’s unique about SugarSync
- Enables you to backup your existing folder structure
- Access folders instantly from other PCs or mobile devices
- Secure and quick file sharing
- Synchronizes any folders on your computer.
- Continuous file updating.
- File explorer and Finder integration.
- Supports an unlimited number of devices per account.
- Generous link bandwidth.
- Live chat support.
- No simultaneous co-editing capabilities.
Video Conferencing Tools 🎥
Skype, being a world-famous online collaboration tool doesn’t need any kind of introduction. The platform is an instant messaging and calling app used for seamless and uninterrupted collaboration.
It allows audio and video calls between multiple devices like one on the laptop and the other on the phone. You can even bring your teams together through group video calls and give great presentations online with the help of screen sharing.
You can make free or low-cost calls locally or internationally and avail yourself of premium features at Skype for Business.
What’s unique about Skype?
- Stay in touch with people all over the world for free with voice and video calls, text messages, and screen sharing.
- Group calls. Get a group of people together on one call – you can add up to 25 people.
- Notifications based on mentions
- With voicemail, you record a personal greeting in your own voice
- Free Skype-to-Skype voice/video calls.
- Instant messaging and group chat.
- Real-time translation of voice or video calls.
- Record and share your screen, save the meeting, and record voice calls.
- Live subtitles in 11 languages.
- Intuitive navigation and everything is labeled.
- It is memory intensive in web browsers as well as Android applications.
- Raised prices of international calls.
Zoom, one of the great Skype alternatives, is a leading modern enterprise video communication software with a reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing.
With almost the same functionality as Skype, this online collaboration tool allows teams to come together on a single platform to communicate and collaborate with its advanced features.
This video conferencing tool enables you to attend a meeting from your desktop, mobile device, or conference room including screen sharing too.
What’s unique about Zoom
- Loaded with features like high-definition sound and visual quality, voice detection, seamless screen sharing, group collaboration, and much more
- applicable across various platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems
- Up to 100 interactive video participants can engage with an unlimited audience in live virtual events
- Ability to host large audiences.
- Stream meetings/webinars on Facebook.
- You can hold unlimited 40-minute long meetings for no charge.
- Fully compatible with Google Calendar support.
- Scalable for small, medium, and large enterprises.
- Easy to join meetings with a simple click on the link.
- Too many subscriptions and add-ons.
- Lack of control over comments.
Next online collaboration software for businesses in the category of video conferencing is GoTo Meeting. With just the requirement of the internet, GoToMeeting doesn’t overburden its users to collaborate.
With the option to share screen while meeting, GoToMeeting also allows users to message, record, and schedule meetings, with just a simple single click. The tool is great to collaborate with teams – both in-house and remotely.
GoToMeeting also comes with dozens of useful tools, and easy-to-use Web-conferencing solutions, to get you started immediately.
What’s unique about GoToMeeting?
- Screen sharing, Web audio, a dial-in conference line, drawing tools, and the ability to record meetings.
- With GTM your remote team has no need to go anywhere for meetings.
- HD-quality video is perfect for conducting webinars and hosting conferences.
- Essential IT support features keep everyone connected.
- Secure video conferencing.
- Award-winning 24/7 customer support.
- Users have complete control over the equipment of a participant.
- Real-time document collaboration.
- Record meetings as it happens.
- Unstable call-in process.
- Premium features can be expensive for some users.
WebEx, a full-featured communications software solution, is for businesses that rely heavily on meetings. It offers the creation of a highly secured team workspace where communication is in the cloud.
You can build an engaging meeting atmosphere for your team no matter wherever in the geographical location. Along with this, you can even host events and webinars for audiences of any size.
With WebEx, you can streamline your business and help solve real human problems without wasting even a second.
What’s unique about WebEx?
- HD video conferences with collaboration and file-sharing capabilities.
- WebEx mobile app for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry.
- Get your own personalized meeting room
- Simple user interface.
- High-definition audio and visual quality.
- Stream live meetings on social media channels.
- Record meetings and make it available for offline use.
- Users can easily share their desktops.
- Quick and easy to change presenters and create whiteboards.
- Minimal utilization of internet data.
- Allows only maximum attendees up to 3000.
- Recorded meetings can take up a lot of storage space in your device.
ClickMeeting is a browser-based web conferencing tool that comes along with dynamic features like webinar room customization, paid webinar hosting, a backup recovery system, and more.
It is mainly used to make webinars more effective and online meetings more collaborative. You can connect seamlessly and get started in no time with others regardless of location and operating system.
Overall, ClickMeeting is a perfect tool that fosters effective communication and collaboration.
What’s unique about ClickMeeting
- Easily engage your audience and allow more room for interaction.
- Offers high-quality and live seminars
- View and export detailed info and derive useful predictions and trends
- Share screen and videos with other attendees
- Getting started is hassle-free and only takes a moment
- Simultaneous chat translation.
- Screen sharing capabilities.
- Automated webinars.
- Easy preparation and invitation options.
- Customized branding.
- Excellent data-tracking features.
- Run an unrestricted number of surveys and polls.
- Lack of phone support hotline.
- Maximum 10-hour storage capacity.
Documentation Tools 📑
39. Google Docs
We all will agree that Google Docs is so far the most popular out of all documentation tools out there. And the platform has our trust for obvious reasons.
With this platform, you can not only easily share, edit, and eventually, publish documents of all kinds, making spreadsheets and presentations. But can collaborate with your teams effectively.
And once you have set the offline mode on your Google Docs, you will not even need an internet connection to use the docs.
What is unique about Google Docs:
- Easily create and edit documents online
- Format documents with Google Fonts typefaces, images, tables, and more
- Import Word documents and export in Word and PDF formats
- Collaborate and co-edit docs remotely
- Work with others concurrently.
- Changes made go live instantly.
- The document owner retains control of the file.
- Access your docs from any device.
- Can be used for PDF file versions.
- Inbuilt grammatical error check.
- Limited features.
40. Microsoft Office Online
Office Online is Microsoft’s free version where you get the core of Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Onenote all in one place. It is a go-to tool for editing purposes.
You get all the basic documentation and editing tools in the free version that are sure to suit your needs just fine. Save documents, and presentations, convert PDF documents to Word, communicate and collaborate, and get great work done securely.
However, all the features are not available for free but the tool is quite within the budget.
What is unique about Office Online:
- Get the latest office apps both desktop apps – both the desktop and online versions
- Makes the work you do available to you from anywhere
- Available on desktop, tablet, and phone
- It is similar to the desktop versions of Microsoft Office applications.
- Completely free.
- Can be accessed from any device.
- Office Online will run on everything, from Linux PCs and Chromebooks to iPads and Android tablets.
- The tool saves your document to your Microsoft OneDrive storage online.
- Collaboration features in the web-based version.
- Missing some key features.
- Don’t work when you don’t have an Internet connection.
Bit.ai is a smart document collaboration tool for teams to create interactive documents, manage digital content, track document insights, and further collaborate on them to get work done.
Despite lacking a robust mobile application, the platform outshines other tools with in-built engagement tracking capability apart from managing documents.
In this documentation software, team members can invite colleagues accordingly depending on who they need to collaborate with.
What is unique about Bit.ai:
- Create team notes, meetings, meeting agendas, proposals, and much more
- Select from a variety of templates and themes
- Add any web link into a blank line in Bit and hit enter
- Add links to any PDF, PPT, or spreadsheet on the cloud from Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive
- Receive real-time alerts when someone opens your smart document
- End-to-end solution for organizing and managing your documents.
- Easy to navigate.
- Integrates with more than 100 applications.
- Lifetime free version.
- Multiple support channels.
- Limited formatting.
- Limited phone support.
- No free trial.
42. Google Drive
Google Drive must be a familiar term for every Gmail account holder. After all, the convenience with which files are stored and shared on Google Drive is totally incomparable.
Not only individually, but, many organizations still rely on Google Drive for their day-to-day storage needs. The platform also allows you to collaborate in real time by leaving comments, suggestions, and feedback on the drive, which can later be resolved by the individual concerned.
And just like that collaboration becomes super easy breezy with Google Drive. All you need to do is provide access to who so ever you want to.
What is unique about Google Drive
- Centralized space to save, manage, and share files.
- Cloud-based drive used by billions of organizations.
- Personalization of the Google experience is possible.
- Security and privacy checkup.
- In-budget option for document storage.
- Easy and simple to use.
- Both mobile and desktop access.
- Free storage space.
- Free space is limited to 15 GB.
- Futile organization is difficult.
Note-Taking Tools ✍️
The Evernote tool is a collaboration tool for businesses that make it possible to keep and share your ideas with the team and sync them to any of your devices.
By adding texts, images, audio, PDFs, scans, and documents, you can make your notes as interactive as possible and bring them together to collaborate with ease and simplicity.
You can even capture, organize and share notes from anywhere and to anyone on the team. The teams can also give their best ideas and knowledge in seconds and keep everything in one place.
What is unique about Evernote:
- Capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists
- Plan, keep records, and manage projects from any device–even offline
- Type notes, add attachments, clip web pages, or record memos
- Use notebooks, tags, or our powerful search to find everything you need quickly
- Multi-device note sync.
- Top-tier organizational system.
- Powerful advanced search.
- Comprehensive formatting.
- Web clipper.
- Collaboration tool for productive teams.
- Not for brief tasks or short notes.
- Limitations of the free plan.
44. Google Keep
Even if it’s about making a simple shopping list or keeping up any crucial business information, Google Keep is the one fine product that serves your note-taking needs.
Google Keep is a robust Evernote alternative, that allows you to jot down your notes (no matter wherever you are), organize them (as per color, texts, and images), and share them with whoever you want.
The platform also allows you to set location-based reminders to ease you from remembering every single detail.
What is unique about Google Keep?
- Export notes to Google Docs.
- Color organization of notes
- Device sync to stay connected with data all the time.
- Cloud sync
- Notes pinning to keep important information in front of your eyes.
- Simple and easy to get around.
- Easy to search and move notes all around.
- Easily accessible on mobile, tablet, and computer.
- Can be used without the internet.
- Limited color organization options available.
- Multiple task view format not available.
45. Microsoft OneNote
One of the greatest products from the Microsoft suite is Microsoft OneNote, a note-taking application that won’t cost you even the slightest for up to a certain limit.
Apart from noting down your thoughts and ideas in OneNote, you can even draw your vision and clip from the web to give wings to your imagination. Unless you want any high-class features from the app, rest assured, Microsoft OneNote is sure to serve your basic needs.
You can create notes with ease, highlight the sections, add colors or shapes, and even ink annotations to collaborate on them.
What is unique about Microsoft OneNote:
- Android, macOS, iOS, Windows, and Web Accessible.
- Draw your ideas with your fingertips.
- Convert hand-written notes to typed notes
- Works without an internet connection too.
- Totally free till you don’t exceed 5GB.
- Widely available.
- Interactive user interface.
- Pen writing is not smooth.
- Advanced formatting options are not available.
Customer support tools 💁
Acquire customer support software is an easy-to-use, multi-channel customer communication platform. It is ideal for businesses, agencies, and startups of all sizes, no matter operating hybrid or remote.
The software is equipped with the latest customer engagement options, particularly live chat, chatbot, co-browsing, voice calls, and video chat to deliver high-quality support to your customers quickly and efficiently.
With Acquire, you can even share PII (personally identifiable information) in an encrypted manner to ensure the complete safety of your data
What is unique about Acquire?
- Customizable – one of the best things about this customer support software is that it is completely customizable according to your business needs. You can choose the apps that suit your requirements and use them just the way you want to.
- Chat routing and history – Acquire also gives you the option to track chat history for better information management. You can even route chats by tagging your team members for complex queries for which you don’t have an answer.
- Tracking – with Acquire you have the option to track various factors of performance like chat time periods, the total number of chats, demographics, and others.
- Automate responses – you can send messages proactively to customers based on their location, behavior, and various other factors.
- Video chat – you can switch to video chat for a better customer service experience from within your chat window.
- Acquire offers multiple support channels to support teams.
- You can deploy intelligent chatbots to be at the frontline.
- Offers live chat, voice calls, and video chat.
- Fastens the resolution time while giving customers a satisfying and engaging experience.
- Secure co-browsing.
- Workflows are easy to set up.
- Can be expensive for some teams and businesses.
- Video quality sometimes can get pixelated.
If you want to bring your team together, quickly resolve complex resolutions, and deliver extraordinary customer support, Freshdesk is a tool that you can surely lean on.
It comes with robust collaboration features that promote teamwork and help your team to work more efficiently. This online tool for collaboration allows you to invite team members, agents, or business partners to discuss and solve tickets in a single place.
Additionally, there’s a customizable team dashboard that you can use to monitor all the customer support activities of your team.
What is unique about Freshdesk?
- Simplified ticketing – Freshdesk gives you an easy way to manage and organize your customer tickets so that things never slip through the cracks.
- Collaboration features – it also lets you share the ownership of tickets and collaborate with your team members for providing seamless customer support and service.
- Automation – Freshdesk leverages automation technology, allowing your team members to do away with repetitive tasks.
- Reporting – advanced reporting and tracking system in Freshdesk ensures that you can make data-driven decisions in the future.
- Security – Freshdesk employs top security measures and SSL encryptions to ensure that all your data is completely safe as a house.
- Modern and user-friendly design.
- Ease of usage.
- Rich on features customer service platform.
- Advanced workflow automation.
- Easy integration with other Freshworks products.
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
- Prioritize, categorize, and assign tickets.
- Hard to configure.
- Limited automation and rules.
- Basic dashboard with limited features.
Intercom is yet another interactive collaboration software that you and your team can use to boost sales, get better results from your marketing efforts, and provide excellent customer support.
It comes with advanced automation technology that lets you set up resolution bots to resolve the most common customer issues without any human effort.
Also, the team inbox feature within Intercom makes it possible for your support team to continue conversations with customers that are actually taking place on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What is unique about Intercom?
- Real-time chat – as an interactive collaboration software, Intercom allows you to chat and communicate with your customers in real-time, or even follow up on conversations later.
- Chatbots – Intercom also allows you to automate your customer interactions with powerful sales and support chatbots and help take the extra burden off the shoulders of your team members.
- App integrations – it integrates with more than 250 apps and also gives you the option to build your own integrations as well.
- Desktop and mobile interface – with mobile apps for Intercom, you can rest assured that the users are going to have a seamless experience interacting with your business.
- Easy to set up and install.
- Diverse knowledge base continually grows.
- Software easily integrates with your website or system.
- Analytics/ROI tracking.
- Automate conversations through chatbots.
- Enables prioritization of customer issues.
- Slow, unresponsive customer support.
- Quite expensive for smaller businesses.
Organizational tools 🗂️🧾
MindMeister makes its spot in the list of online collaboration tools as it allows teams to plan projects, manage meetings and sketch out business plans.
With this intuitive user interface, you can choose from plenty of templates that it has to organize work easily. And it also allows the user to share their mind maps with anyone they want in real-time or make it public.
It allows teams to be more innovative by providing an environment for brainstorming as well as planning.
What is unique about MindMeister:
- A perfect tool for creative brainstorming alone or in a team
- capture, develop, and share ideas visually
- Use maps to outline project plans, create business strategies, and plan events
- View, edit, and present your maps even on the go with a mobile app for Android and iOS
- Easy to create mind maps.
- Easy to republish elsewhere.
- Brainstorming techniques nurture creativity and innovation.
- Capture and organize all your thoughts in one place.
- You can add pictures, notes, links, attachments, and tasks to your words.
- Export mind maps in PNG, PDF, or Word formats
- Difficult to use on phones because of the size of the text.
- Can’t create free-flowing maps.
Feeling disorganized? Organimi is the perfect organizational chart tool to organize your workplace structure. Its main focus is to ease the creation of organizational charts by mapping out structures.
You can choose from existing templates or start from scratch. It integrates with Active Directory, GSuite, and any other system that provides an Excel file or CSV to allow for a seamless import of extensive contact lists.
Features such as custom fields, color coding, and their legendary SmartChartTM legend allow you to jazz up your org chart so it fits in with your branding strategy.
What’s unique about Organimi
- Format & brand your chart with extensive color & customization options
- Print and share your organizational charts without a hitch
- Keeps everyone across the organization readily updated
- Drag & drop functionality
- Visualize animations and transitions.
- Great user interface.
- Charts are easily updated and we can embed live charts on our internal staff website.
- Easy to copy as a new file and work from that template.
- Some hiccups when it comes to changing the style of the org chart.
- A strong internet connection is a requirement.
Social Media tools 😍
Planable is a social media collaboration platform helping marketing teams work faster and better, together by allowing them to create content and publish it in no minutes.
With real-time collaboration features and four types of approval workflows, you can preview your posts for all platforms and collaborate just right next to the posts.
Planable offers marketers a better way to create, plan, review, and schedule content for the most popular social media networks. Built with teams in mind, Planable is good to go product for teams of any size.
What is unique about Planable
- Multiple ways to view and plan posts: list, feed, grid, and calendar view.
- Collaboration happens in context, right next to the posts, via comments and replies.
- Four approval workflows: none, optional, required, and multi-level.
- Integrations with the most popular social media channels: TikTok, Google My Business, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Separate workspaces to keep content and people organized.
- Visual and easy-to-access media library to keep all your assets organized in one central location.
- What-you-see-is-what-you-get interface with instant, pixel-perfect previews.
- An intuitive design that mimics the feel and flow of social media.
- Easy-to-use functionalities.
- Multiple ways to view your feed.
- Set custom dates and use the calendar to upload the posts.
- Create posts and share them on all social media platforms from a single platform.
- Phone app works quite well.
- Lack of analytics
- Hard to customize when posting bulk content.
Why waste time managing social media accounts when SocialBee can do all the work for you? Yes, that’s right. This AI-powered platform manages social media posts with ease.
Whether you are busy working all day around or a small business owner having budget constraints, or a freelancer, consider SocialBee your very own social media manager who will for sure save your day.
Creating posts with SocialBee’s Canva, Unsplash, GIPHY, and more integration saves you a lot of time.
What is unique about SocialBee?
- Post-scheduling for seamless publishing of content.
- Social media analytics to analyze your social media account growth.
- AI-powered and Canva-integrated content creation.
- Multiple integrations with industry-leading platforms.
- Team collaboration to achieve social media goals.
- Advanced editing features to create creative content.
- Easy organization and content scheduling for multiple accounts and clients.
- Keeps track of hashtags to save you time.
- Content if scheduled keeps on posting on its own.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Great loading speed.
- Might get difficult to get your head around content posting on certain social media platforms, like Instagram.
Having a social media presence is crucial, and HeyOrca takes all your load while you concentrate on what matters.
This collaborative social media platform is great for both agencies and teams (no matter the size) which prioritize both in-house and external collaborations on any kind of social media content.
From planning and publishing content to getting in-detail reporting on social media results, the platform makes the client approval process seamless. And that too in a single platform.
What is unique about HeyOrca?
- Content Calendar to publish, create, and schedule any kind of content on Instagram right away.
- Competitor reports comparing your content performance with others.
- Visual dashboard reporting to get a clear detailed overview.
- Take bulk actions to edit in bulk.
- Visualize upcoming events, campaigns and more with Event Strips.
- Planning and organizing social media posts is super easy.
- Comprehensive overview of social media performance provides great insights.
- User-friendly interface.
- Scheduling content with Calendar format is a breeze.
- Content can be posted from the app too.
- Client approval process is simple and smooth.
- Sometimes content publishing isn’t pulled over the first time.
- No bulk upload feature.
The key to the success of high-quality software development is the reflection of its efficient deployment workflow. And here comes GitHub with its advanced features to ease developers.
GitHub is built especially for developers to work together through problems and learn from each other along the way while storing and sharing codes. On GitHub, you can manage your chaos along with writing code.
You can also do longer documentation for wikis on GitHub to present in-depth information about your project.
What is unique about GitHub:
- Set roles and expectations without starting from scratch
- Built-in review tools make code review easier and faster
- Moderation tools, like issue and pull request locking, help your team stay focused on code
- Create well-maintained docs and make sure they receive the high level of care they deserve
- The tool supports Markdown for issue tracking, user comments, wikis, etc.
- Lets you convert one or several files into a working Git repository.
- Great for remote collaboration.
- Serves as a multi-solution backup plan.
- You can archive your projects and share them with your peers for either inspiration or for them to collaborate on.
- GitHub pages allow you to get started quickly without worrying about setting up hosting or DNS.
- Offers some of the best documentation around.
- Element of a security risk since it’s cloud-based.
- Pricing plans can be expensive for some users.
Email collaboration tools 📨
Hiver, an email collaboration platform, is an extremely easy-to-use and intuitive solution.
Teams use Hiver to streamline their daily email workload, gain visibility into what everyone is doing, collaborate without hassle, and monitor performance. You can even assign a dedicated owner to a query in just one click.
This online collaboration tool helps teams manage group inboxes like info@, sales@, and support@ right from Gmail.
What is unique about Hiver?
- Simplified email assignment to assign emails as tasks in just a click without having to forward them around.
- Track email status in real time.
- Collaborate, sync up, and run discussions internally via Email notes.
- Automate repetitive tasks to save a ton of time and effort. For instance, any email with ‘invoice’ in the subject line can be automatically assigned to someone from the finance team.
- Collaborative inbox for teams.
- Shared notes and templates.
- Track and create customer emails.
- SLA monitoring helps deliver excellent customer service.
- Collision alerts ensure multiple users don’t work on the same emails.
- High pricing can be expensive for some customers.
- For some clients, the functions of Hiver may not be enough.
What are online collaboration tools?
Online collaboration tools are not just made for remote location workers but are also valuable tools for any business that wants to be more efficient and effective in its actions.
These sophisticated online collaboration tools enable real-time communication by empowering teams to optimize resources, execute projects, promote transparency, and achieve unparalleled collaboration through document sharing, multiple task views, and provide real-time updates regardless of team members’ geographical locations.
Why do you need online collaboration tools?
Imagine managing teams from one part of the globe and your designers or writers or developers or marketing team sitting on the other side of the globe.
How do you collaborate with your remote workers frequently and conveniently? How do you manage to get everyone on the same page and ensure that they get the latest updates on projects?
Well, it surely can be challenging for not only the remote business workers but also in-house teams to keep pace with the upcoming tasks.
But, all thanks to the best collaboration tools, managing small and big businesses, streamlining the project workflow, and keeping an eye on task progress becomes super easy in a virtual interface with everyone being on the same page.
What exclusive features to expect from online collaboration tools?
There are several collaboration tools available online in the market today and each tool differs from the others in terms of features, usage, functionality, etc. However, there are some essential features that any top-rated team collaboration tool should offer to its end users.
👉 Instant messaging
Communication is the backbone of any business. Swift communication ensures the timely exchange of information between users from the same or different departments within the organization. Collaboration software with an inbuilt instant chat feature is of great use for those who want to exchange quick information (directly or in groups) along with sending GIFs, documents, files, and images.
👉 Centralized discussion
Wasting time on meetings is the one thing collaboration tools for businesses should be able to bring an end to. When you get a centralized platform to share every bit of information in a single space, keeping every team member, management, and even stakeholders in the loop isn’t an uphill battle. Also, a desired level of privacy secures crucial information from getting the attention of every eye.
👉 Intuitive interface
Any good online collaboration tool should have a neat layout and an intuitive interface so users can effortlessly navigate through it. Why should you settle for complex, difficult-to-use collaboration software that less-tech-savvy users might find overwhelming? So, choosing a platform that your team feels comfortable using is worth every dollar you invest in it.
👉 Real-time updates
To complete and deliver projects on time, it’s important for every team member to stay updated on all recent developments within the project. Don’t you agree? Well, that’s why real-time updates are an important feature that should be in a collaboration platform. With users receiving real-time notifications on the web app, mobile app, and email, keeping everyone in the loop and taking timely necessary action become convenient.
👉 Online proofing
With remote work becoming a new normal, an online proofing feature comes to your rescue. For instance, with creative and design teams working from varied geographical locations, the online proofing feature helps them to quickly collaborate on files and documents for review, annotation, and approval. Collaborating on designs and other creative assets is as easy as sharing a link. This feature eliminates the need to use back-and-forth email chains, saving you a lot of valuable work time.
👉 Bird-eye view
An online collaboration tool with Calendar and Gantt view can give you a quick overview of tasks and their stage and progress in no time. Whereas a Calendar view allows you to see tasks, events, and milestones all in one place.
Gantt, on the other hand, benefits you in locating and eliminating bottlenecks by analyzing dependencies and adjusting accordingly.
So, visual collaboration is also a thing. 🤩
👉 Smart task management
Task management with collaboration tools for businesses is more than merely the creation, allocation, and tracking of tasks, but is smart task management that brings clarity to job roles and responsibilities. By mentioning team members ( with @mention) you can even bring team members to the same page, draw their attention, connect with them, and loop them in to provide a clear understanding of what they are expected to work on, with whom, and when.
👉 File sharing
A collaboration tool with a centralized location allows users to not only store and organize but share and even collaborate on all their digital files and documents without relying on long email threads. Be it MS Word, Google Docs, PDF, or other design elements, accessing and sharing files, documents, and designs, you want to edit, publish, or forward to other collaborators for reviewing and approval fosters smooth collaboration. (Without you juggling between multiple apps 😝)
What are the benefits of collaboration tools for businesses and teams?
Businesses across all industries are deriving a wide range of benefits from team collaboration tools. That’s the reason The global team collaboration software market size was valued at USD 21.69 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% from 2022 to 2030.
Here are some benefits that are too good to ignore.
⚡ Cross-functional collaboration – As the name suggests, you would think it to be obvious for a collaboration tool to foster greater collaboration. But the platform upscales the expectations by promoting and facilitating increased engagement between the multiple departments by narrowing down the distance in-between.
⚡Improved team productivity – Timely communication, improved coordination, and greater transparency on tasks result in skyrocketed productivity. As teams are empowered with organized conversations and shared information together in one place. And that’s all because of an online collaboration tool in operations.
⚡ Enhanced project management – An effective online collaboration tool can greatly and positively impact the entire project lifecycle. A platform that allows you to manage multiple projects simultaneously, monitor project progress and performance, centralize document management, and most importantly collaborate on project-related documents is a step to take in the future.
⚡ Improved time utilization – 89% of workers admit to wasting time every day at work. An online collaboration tool with an inbuilt time-tracking tool helps project teams keep track of time spent performing different tasks manually or using automatic timers. Also, what better could you ask if it can allow you to set time estimates and start/due dates for tasks too? Agree? 😜
⚡ Improved employee engagement – Engaged employees are a win-win situation for any company. Period! And collaboration tools do the same by encouraging transparency within the teams, promoting teamwork by reducing isolation between them (especially remote teams), and enabling them to work together and collaborate effectively.
⚡ Improved work organization – Unorganized work is a productivity killer. That’s why an online collaboration tool streamlines your work process by centralizing scattered information and eliminating duplicated ones. With every single detail available on the table, the chances of miscommunication are reduced to zero.
⚡ Streamlined workflow of agile teams – Collaboration tools for businesses streamline the workflow of agile teams based on agile methodologies. By allowing teams to schedule daily stand-ups, sprint planning, share updates, and get instant feedback and real-time report, these tools enable businesses to deliver high-quality work.
Our criteria for the selection of the best collaboration tools?
Now that you know the importance of collaboration tools and some common-use tools, let us give you a quick overview of how did we reach this particular selection of online collaboration tools.
My idea behind the selection and analysis of online collaboration tools is to get you the ones that provide you with excellent service and multiple features for team collaboration. As we know the multiple features embedded in an all-in-one platform can improve work efficiency and productivity to a much higher extent on the whole.
✔️ Ease of use
Moving ahead, you all would agree that nobody wants a complex structure to work. Right? That’s why we made sure that the tools we recommend you deliver services that do not take a lot of time to get used to and keep an eye out for an intuitive interface and simple navigation.
✔️ Technology in action
We are thriving in the era of technology. So, obviously, we had to find the tools that serve modern technological needs. Cloud-based technology is so far the better out there in comparison to others as it allows you to save every piece of information online which you can access from anywhere.
Integrations are key to convenient work. That’s why integration is the other main aspect that became the evaluation step of my selection process. So, my list contains the tools that seamlessly integrate with important tools and are also compatible with various devices.
✔️ User review
Of course, how could have we avoided going through the review sites and user feedback before compiling the list of tools? That’s why we gauged product performance by going through real-life experiences and insights from people. Trust me, you will find the details here which won’t be mentioned in any product description page.
We all have budget constraints and ensuring our expenses align with our budget constraints is crucial. That’s a smart thing to do. Trust me! And that’s why my list of tools entails products of different price ranges. Because price analyzation in my perspective sometimes gets you to bag significant discounts. 🤑
So, pick one that brings out the best in your teams. As these tools are sure to level up your communication game.
In this digital age, collaboration is the name of the game. As physical office spaces and virtual workstations battle for supremacy, it’s important for businesses to keep their employees aligned on business goals.
Using a feature-rich online collaboration tool is of great use for both in-office and remote teams. Using the tool, you can keep all your team members, stakeholders, and clients on the same page while encouraging organization, collaboration, and transparency within the organization.
However, being a user of ProofHub, it’s obvious that we would pitch for ProofHub. Not just because it’s my favorite but because it offers the best value for money in terms of the number of features offered, ease of usage, pricing, and overall user experience. – No bias at all.
You can try it for yourself.
But lastly, we would still say that the last call is yours. And we know you will make the right decision.🤗
What are the main uses of collaboration software?
Online collaboration software saves time, resources, improves productivity, communication, and encourages transparency while making employees more efficient and engaged.
What are the advantages of collaborative software?
Collaborative software allows teams and businesses to manage various aspects of work through a suite of advanced features, like Task management, Kanban boards, Online proofing, Gantt charts, etc.
Why should I use online collaboration software & tools in 2024?
You should use online collaboration software in 2024 to ensure your team works in an organized, collaborative manner and focuses only on important tasks while achieving a fine work-life balance.