Online collaborations tools and software empower both in-office and remote teams to coordinate on projects in easier, efficient, and smarter way.
At ProofHub, we are much obsessed with teamwork, collaboration, and productivity. We are defined by our effective teamwork collaboration. We believe that when teams have a good base of collaboration, they are less susceptible to waste their time being lost in email and getting things done. And a strong base can be built with the help of online collaboration tools that will not only help in productivity but also result in successful projects.
Table of Contents
- List of online collaboration tools & Software for business
- 1. ProofHub
- 2. Filestage
- 3. GanttPRO
- 4. Acquire
- 5. Freshdesk
- 6. Intercom
- 7. Troop Messenger
- 8. Chanty
- 9. Nextiva
- 10. Flock
- 11. Fleep
- 12. Slack
- 13. Skype
- 14. Hangouts
- 15. GotoMeeting
- 17. Join.me
- 18. Zoom
- 19. ClickMeeting
- 20. Mockplus iDoc
- 21. Viewflux
- 22. Canva
- 23. Sketch
- 24. Adobe
- 25. InVision
- 26. One
- 27. Bit.ai
- 28. Hiver
- 29. Google Docs
- 30. Office online
- 31. GitHub
- 33. Clockodo
- 34. TimeCamp
- 35. Timely
- 36. Harvest
- 37. ClickTime
- 38. RescueTime
- 39. Dropbox
- 40. OneDrive
- 41. WeTransfer
- 42. Dropsend
- 43. Hightail
- 44. Wimi
- 45. SugarSync
- 46. Box
- 47. ShareFile
- 48. Pocket
- 49. Evernote
- 50. Pinterest
- 51. MindMeister
- 52. Organimi
- What is online collaboration tools & Software?
- How do I choose collaboration tool or Software?
List of online collaboration tools & Software for business
Project Management Tools
If you are willing to manage teams and projects using a single software, ProofHub is just the perfect project management and online collaboration tool you need on your side. It brings together all the essential tools to foster teamwork and stay on top of your tasks. You can easily break a project into tasks and smaller subtasks and assign them directly to your team members. ProofHub also makes it much easier to streamline projects and stay on schedule with its built-in Kanban boards and Gantt charts. By using a Kanban board it becomes possible to see tasks moving through different stages of the project. On the other hand, a Gantt chart lets you view how each task fits in the overall timeline of the project along with the assignees.
What is unique about ProofHub?
Here are some key collaboration features that you will get in ProofHub:
Review files related to projects, give feedback, and approve them in real-time. Moreover, you can use markup tools to annotate files and point out the specific regions that should be modified.
When you need to brainstorm or collect thoughts from people on your team to resolve a particular matter, you can create dedicated spaces in ProofHub as discussion topics. Add people, grab the attention of team members by mentioning them in comments, and share files within a discussion space.
Team collaboration is incomplete without communication. ProofHub enables all the members of a team to be one the same page with its chat tool. You can use the chat interface to connect with your colleagues either in a one-on-one chat or a group chat. You also have the flexibility to send files directly from your chat box and say goodbye to clunky mails.
Store and organize all the files of your projects in a common space. The cloud storage offered by ProofHub makes it possible to upload files from your system or other third-party file hosting services like Google Drive and DropBox. You can even share and collaborate on files with your team members using ProofHub.
The second one in the list of tools for online collaboration is Filestage. Filestage gives teams the easiest possible way to manage the content review process. The project management software and platform makes it simple for internal and external stakeholders to leave in-context feedback on videos, images, PDFs, and more. The tool also generates to-do lists based on those comments to make sure your team never misses a piece of feedback. With Filestage, you can review and approve in real-time, external partners and clients can comment without registering, version control makes projects easy to manage and easy to see as to which stakeholders have approved a file.
What is unique about Filestage?
- Easy review – FileStage makes feedback gathering simple, you don’t even have to sign-up, if you are a reviewer, to carry out the review process.
- Comments – reviewers can directly comment on files to share feedback making the process easy and less time consuming.
- Consistency – by giving you a central place to review files and share feedback, FileStage helps you develop consistency in your feedback sharing process.
- Creative management – with easy-to-use features for reviewing and feedback sharing, FileStage aids in creative management and quick collaboration for teams as well.
- Time saver – by simplifying the process of creative reviews and approvals, the software saves a lot of time that was earlier spent by teams juggling through email threads.
GanttPRO is an advanced project collaboration tool based on Gantt charts. It gives teams lots of possibilities to collaborate on their projects. To start with, GanttPRO offers robust task management with dozens of settings like statuses, priorities, assignees, duration & estimation, time tracking, deadlines, and many others for you to know who is working on what. Further, teams feel home here, like they wouldn’t need anything to collaborate on any project-related information: real-time descriptions, comments, attachments, and notifications do all the collaboration work. One more great feature is resource management that allows the reallocation of overloaded/underloaded resources efficiently. The learning curve is pretty short, so you and your team can easily give it a try.
Acquire customer support software is an easy to use, multi-channel customer communication platform. It is ideal for businesses of all sizes. The software is equipped with the latest customer engagement options, particularly live chat, chatbot, cobrowsing, voice calls, and video chat to deliver high-quality support to your customers quickly and efficiently.
What is unique about Acquire?
- Customizable – one of the best things about this customer support software is that it is completely customizable according to your business needs. You can choose the apps that suit your requirements and use it just the way you want to.
- Chat routing and history – Acquire also gives you the option to track chat history for better information management. You can even route chats by tagging your team members for complex queries for which you don’t have an answer.
- Tracking – with Acquire you have the option to track various factors of performance like chat time periods, total number of chats, demographics and others.
- Automate responses – you can send messages proactively to customers based on their location, behavior and various other factors.
- Data security – Acquire enables you to share PII (personally identifiable information) in an encrypted manner to ensure complete safety of your data
- Video chat – you can switch to video chat for a better customer service experience from within your chat window.
If you want to bring all your team together and deliver extraordinary customer support, Freshdesk is a tool that you can lean on. It comes with robust collaboration features that promote teamwork and help your team to work more efficiently. This online tool for collaboration allows you to invite team members, agents, or business partners to discuss and solve tickets at a single place. Additionally, there’s a customizable team dashboard that you can use to monitor all the customer support activities of your team.
What is unique about Freshdesk?
- Simplified ticketing – Freshdesk gives you an easy way to manage and organize your customer tickets so that things never slip through the cracks.
- Collaboration features – it also lets you share the ownership of tickets and collaborate with your team members for providing seamless customer support and service.
- Automation – Freshdesk leverages automation technology, allowing your team members to do away with repetitive tasks.
- Reporting – advanced reporting and tracking system in Freshdesk ensures that you can make data driven decisions in the future.
- Security – Freshdesk employs top security measures and SSL encryptions to ensure that all your data is complete safe as a house.
Intercom is yet another interactive collaboration software that you and your team can use to boost sales, get better results from your marketing efforts, and provide excellent customer support. It comes with advanced automation technology that lets you set up resolution bots to resolve the most common customer issues without any human efforts. The team inbox feature within Intercom makes it possible for your support team to continue conversations with customers that are actually taking place on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What is unique about Intercom?
- Real-time chat – as an interactive collaboration software, Intercom allows you to chat and communicate with your customers in real-time, or even follow up conversations later.
- Chatbots – Intercom also allows you to automate your customer interactions with powerful sales and support chatbots and help take the extra burden off the shoulders of your team members.
- App integrations – it integrates with more than 250 apps, and also gives you the option to build your own integrations as well.
- Desktop and mobile interface – with mobile apps for Intercom, you can be rest assured that the users are going to have a seamless experience interacting with your business.
Communication & Collaboration
7. Troop Messenger
Troop Messenger’s feature-stack is functionally powerful, flawless, and is the one best slack alternative for team communication and collaboration. It can be considered as an apt tool for all sizes of organizations. The user navigation across this business chat application is promisingly seamless for any novice user. Its impressive and immersive user interfaces make each feature self-explanatory to the end-users. Troop Messenger is cross-platform enabled; it is available on Windows, Linux, Browser, Android, and iOS. Troop Messenger is coming up with an exceptional feature called an Orange Member. This feature enables the non-company employees to be a part of the application with their public/private domain email id’s. Try out your hands-on the new-age business collaboration chat application, The Troop Messenger right away.
What is unique about Troopmessenger?
- One place for all your communications – Troop Messenger offers the option to carry out audio and video calling, along with voice messaging and chat messaging at one place to unify your communication efforts.
- An-app help – there is in-app help available for users to get answers to your How tos and all your FAQs about using the app.
- Confidentiality – carry out private conversations that are not stored anywhere. Set a time stipulated time period for your chats and keep them confidential.
- Screen sharing – you can share your screen with others in your team for a better understanding of the tasks and work in real-time.
- File sharing – using Troop Messenger you can also share files instantly and easily across individuals as well as groups.
- Search – Troop Messenger gives you the option to carry out a Global Search as well as Text Search, along with advanced search filters for easy and quick information retrieval.
Chanty, another great online collaboration platform to your business messenger. It helps teams foster healthy relationships while improving the way team members collaborate. Make your team communication transparent and accessible. By featuring instant messages with plenty of storage space, an unlimited searchable history, and handy file sharing you can enjoy seamless communication with your teams.
What is unique about Chanty?
- Chanty integrations transform a simple team messenger into a powerful business tool
- The artificial intelligence powering Chanty team messenger uses machine learning to predict responses.
- Super fast desktop and mobile apps with a clean and intuitive interface.
- Chanty lets you communicate with your team via high-quality audio and video calls that will be available in the public beta.
Nextiva’s small business VoIP solution is perfect for businesses looking to collaborate with customers, prospects, and colleagues effortlessly. The platform offers full business phone service capabilities with advanced features such as local phone numbers, call pop, automated greetings, voicemail-to-email, SMS text messaging, mobile App, HD hold music, and more. Best of all, companies can make unlimited calls using the Nextiva platform and port their existing phone number over to Nextiva if they so choose. Nextiva comes at a great value and has been ranked the #1 business communications platform by experts such as Gartner, GetVoIP, and more.
What is unique about Nextiva?
- Quick collaboration – Nextiva allows you to communicate with team members via audio and video calls, giving you the option to carry out quick and meaningful conversations as per your requirements.
- Unlimited texting – you also get the option to send unlimited text messages to and from your business phone number using this VoIP system.
- Call forwarding and auto attendant – to streamline call routing, Nextiva offers an auto attendant feature. You can also forward your calls to the office phone and better handle the call traffic.
- Voicemail to email – you can even listen to voicemails and call recordings from your email account using this powerful app (desktop as well as mobile)
- Put calls in queue – with Nextiva you also get the feature of call queuing that allows you to turn call waiting, call forwarding and voicemail on for all the incoming calls to your business.
Flock is a seamless and easy way of communication with teams that increases team productivity by reducing emails. No longer will you have to waste your time on meetings as you can discuss ideas on Flock chat. Being one of the best online collaboration tools for business, you can connect with your team on messages, video calls, manage projects with to-dos, group discussions, polls and reminders and integrate your most favourite apps.
What’s unique about Flock?
- You can add a to-do right to your account. To-do lists can be personal or collaborative.
- Flock gives you read-only channels which allow for certain kinds of organizational information, such as HR rules or updates from a legal department to have a dedicated place in a team messaging app.
- You can migrate a Slack account to Flock without losing a history of conversations just because you want to use a different tool.
- Flock helps you connect to apps those are not supported by turn to IFTTT or Zapier.
Fleep is messenger built for ultimate project collaboration. It keeps away the countless threads of email and makes chatting with team members easy. You should give Fleep a try as it supports dynamic communication with your colleagues from other companies, or within your company, share files and make audio and video calls.
What is unique about Fleep?
- Task management — Fleep has lightweight task management built into the software for ultimate project collaboration.
- Pinboard – Pin important messages to the side of each conversation
- Sharing files and integration with Google Hangouts
- Audio video calling and screen sharing – you can discuss things on a call.
- Set yourself a reminder – You can do this with the IFTTT integration
Slack is the foundation of teamwork and shared understanding across your team. It helps you communicate and collaborate without emails by setting a standard for online team communication. Millions of people are using Slack to bring their teams together and drive their business forward.
What’s unique about slack?
- Find answers you need: Slack builds a platform to have team conversation, make decisions and putting knowledge in everyone’s hands.
- Streamlines your workflow: Slack has an open API to keep your team coordinated and working faster within the context of your conversations. Slack apps go where you like to work: in a web browser, synced to your desktop, and portable on a smartphone or tablet.
- Search: You can search for all Slack content from one search box including conversations, files, links, and even content that’s integrated with Google Drive or tweets.
- Integrate Slack with other services: Connection with other services like Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Twitter, Asana, Trello, and others can be pulled into conversations.
Video conferencing tool
Skype is an instant messaging and calling app and is one of the popular project collaboration tools. It allows audio and video calls between multiple devices like one on the laptop and the other on phone. Bring your teams together through group video calls and give great presentation online with the help of screen sharing. You can make free or low-cost calls locally or internationally.
What’s unique about Skype?
- Stay in touch with people all over the world for free with voice and video calls, text messages and screen sharing.
- Group calls. Get a group of people together on one call – you can add up to 25 people.
- Notifications based on mentions
- With voicemail, you record a personal greeting in your own voice
Google has been making progress in the field of collaboration. Hangouts is a collaboration tool for business communication that offers voice and video calling to users. With Hangout chat you can create chat rooms to quickly chat and share files with team members. The team can communicate by direct messaging and be connected always.
What’s unique about Hangout?
- Register your call or conference on YouTube
- Manage your Circles to launch calls quickly
- Collaborative working via Hangouts and Google Doc
Next collaboration software for businesses is GoTo Meeting. GoToMeeting also comes with dozens of useful tools, easy-to-use Web-conferencing solution, to get you started immediately.
What’s unique about GotoMeeting?
- Screen sharing, Web audio, a dial-in conference line, drawing tools and the ability to record meetings.
- With GTM your remote team has no need to go anywhere for meetings.
- HD-quality video is perfect for conducting webinars and hosting conferences.
WebEx is for businesses that rely heavily on meetings that need a full-featured communications software solution. It offers much secure team workspaces in the cloud. With WebEx, businesses can streamline their businesses and help solve real human problems.
What’s unique about WebEx?
- HD video conferences with collaboration and file-sharing capabilities.
- WebEx mobile app for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry.
- Get your own personalized meeting room
Stay connected anywhere with Join.me by hosting a free meeting or joining a meeting. Join.me has a modern interface that’s very easy to use and plenty of features to enhance your online meetings.You will completely get value for the money you are investing in this collaboration tool.
What’s unique about join.me?
- Share your screen with participants on audio and video at the same time.
- Customize your meeting link to whatever you want.
- Meeting scheduler with Outlook plugin and Google Calendar Plugin
Zoom is a leading modern enterprise video communication software with a reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing. This video conferencing tool enables you to attend a meeting from your desktop, mobile device, or conference room.
What’s unique about Zoom
- Loaded with features like high definition sound and visual quality, voice detection, seamless screen sharing, group collaboration and much more
- applicable across various platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems
- Up to 100 interactive video participants can engage with an unlimited audience in live virtual events
Also Read: Best Zoom Alternatives
ClickMeeting is a browser-based web conferencing tool that comes along with dynamic features. It is mainly used to make webinars more effective and online meetings more collaborative. You can connect seamlessly with others regardless of location and operating system. Overall, ClickMeeting is a perfect tool that fosters effective communication and collaboration.
What’s unique about ClickMeeting
- Easily engage your audience and allow more room for interaction.
- Offers high-quality and live seminars
- View and export detailed info and derive useful predictions and trends
- Share screen and videos with other attendees
- Getting started is hassle-free and only takes a moment
20. Mockplus iDoc
What’s unique about Mockplus iDoc
- Export designs in one click from Sketch, XD and PS
- Generate accurate specs, assets, code snippets automatically
- Show design tasks and workflow in full-view storyboard
- Comment right on designs to give instant feedback
- Build hi-fi interactive prototypes with real design files
The better collaboration will result in better designs. Viewflux is a tool designed for small businesses and remote workers, allowing you to see all of your projects in one place. You can now communicate with your clients visually and get visual feedback so that all stakeholders are on the same page throughout the design process. You can sync your designs from Dropbox and do the changes.
What is unique about Viewflux:
- Create interactive prototypes from static designs
- Communicate with your clients visually, directly on top of designs
- Manually add design revisions
Canva is a simple graphic design tool to make visual content look decent. You can make unique designs in just a few minutes and share it with your team. Collaborating with teams is much easier with canva. Designers can share their designs with anyone and other team members can leave their comments. Pick from thousands of layouts for your designs and also create your custom template.
What is unique about Canva:
- Crop your photos for great framing and masterful composition
- Access to over 8000 templates
- Team administrative controls
- Create stunning designs with best graphics, photos, and fonts
Sketch app aims mainly professionals in web designs as it has become a complete tool for UX design deliverables. It takes the pain out of working with repeated design elements so that designers can design once and use it anywhere. You can find some nested symbols in Sketch to create flexible design elements with ease.
What is unique about Sketch:
- Intuitive interface and an expansive plugin ecosystem
- Link Artboards, add simple animations and turn static screens into clickable prototypes
- Create, update, and share designs at one place
- Offers world-class pixel precision, vector editing, export presets, prototyping
Adobe is all in one UX/UI solutions for designing websites, mobile apps and more. Adobe XD is designed for both Mac and windows and is a part of creative cloud. Designers can connect it with their favorite tools like Dropbox, Avocode and others. This collaboration tool allows designers to switch from static layouts to interactive prototype in single click.
What is unique about Adobe:
- Manage documents and track the ones you’ve shared across desktop, mobile, and web
- Change text and formatting, edit lists, and add, rotate, and resize images
- Apply PDF passwords and permissions
- Fill forms faster with automatic tool selection
- track status, send reminders, cancel requests, replace signers
InVision is a comprehensive prototyping software and very useful collaboration software for designing user interfaces for mobile applications and digital interactive products. The tool allows users to collaborate, upload wireframes, designs, gather feedback seamlessly and test much more effectively and efficiently. With InVision, you can manage your projects from a single dashboard and seamlessly navigate the entire design process in one place. The clients can provide instant feedback in the form of comments.
What is unique about InVision:
- Create rich interactive prototypes
- Seamlessly communication, gather feedback, and move projects forward
- Intuitive vector-based drawing and flexible layers
- Navigate the entire design process in one place keeping everyone notified of changes
ONE by TemplateMonster is a valuable subscription service that provides users with a multitude of high-quality products and web-design tools. When you become a part of this service, you get access to a bunch of ready-made solutions – from themes designed for popular CMS to HTML templates, various extensions, and graphics. As you can understand, everything you need for your next online-project is already waiting for you. Each of them can be downloaded freely and used without any limitations. By the way, it is possible to effectively cut your time (you could spend on mastering your websites) using extra services provided by the team.
What is unique about One:
- Unlimited options – themes, plugins, templates, stock images and whatnot, One is the truly the one stop shop for everything that you need for your web development and creative needs.
- No licence – just pay once and use the entire bouquet of services offered by One for the entire year, without having to worry about licenses of per-service fee.
- Discounts – by subscribing for this service, you become eligible for availing discounts of up to 50% on TemplateMonster products.
- Draftium Pro Mockup Tool – you also get access to this premium mockup tool for free for an entire year.
- Special deals – besides this you also get an opportunity to avail special deals and discounts on web hosting services.
Bit is a smart all-in-one document collaboration platform for teams to create interactive documents, manage digital content and track document insights. In this documentation software, team members can invite colleagues accordingly depending on who they need to collaborate with to get work done.
What is unique about Bit.ai:
- Create team notes, meetings, meeting agendas, proposals and much more
- Select from a variety of templates and themes
- Add any web link into a blank line in Bit and hit enter
- Add links to any PDF, PPT or spreadsheet on the cloud from Google Drive, Box and OneDrive
- Receive real-time alerts when someone opens your smart document
What is unique about Hiver?
- Simplify email assignment: With Hiver, team leads and managers can assign emails as tasks in just a click, without having to forward these emails around.
- Track email status in real-time: Hiver enables team leads to stay on top of every email query, till the point of resolution. You can find out in real-time if an email is yet to be picked up, work in progress, or has been resolved.
- Collaborate internally via Email Notes: Team members get to collaborate, sync up, and run discussions via Email Notes that are attached to an email thread. You can, therefore, completely do away with sending internal emails that only add to inbox clutter.
- Automate repetitive tasks: By using Hiver’s automations, teams can create specific workflows that save them a ton of time and effort. For instance, any email with ‘invoice’ in the subject line can be automatically assigned to someone from the finance team.
29. Google Docs
Google docs is another simple way of collaborating with a small or big team. You can easily share, edit, and eventually, publish documents of all kinds, make spreadsheets and presentations. Everything here is for free and easy to use. And once you have set the offline mode on your Google docs, you will not need an internet connection to use the docs.
What is unique about Google Docs:
- Easily create and edit documents online
- Format documents with Google Fonts typefaces, images, tables, and more
- Import Word documents and export in Word and PDF formats
- Collaborate and co-edit docs remotely
30. Office online
Office online is Microsoft’s free version where you get the core of Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Onenote. However, all the features are not available for free but it is quite in the budget. The basic documentation and editing tools are available on the free version and will suit your needs just fine. Save documents, presentations, communicate, collaborate and get great work done.
What is unique about Office Online:
- Get the latest office apps both desktop apps – both the desktop and online versions
- Makes the work you do available to you from anywhere
- Available on desktop, tablet, and phone
The key to success of any project is how good is the process of documentation. GitHub is built for teams to work together through problems, and learn from each other along the way. On GitHub you can manage your chaos along with writing code. You can also do longer documentation for wikis on GitHub to present an in-depth information about your project.
What is unique about GitHub:
- Set roles and expectations without starting from scratch
- Built-in review tools make code review easier and faster
- Moderation tools, like issue and pull request locking, help your team stay focused on code
- Create well-maintained docs and make sure they receive the high level of care they deserve
Toggl is one of the best collaboration tool with a no-hassle time tracking software. You can better take control of your time, boost productivity and increase revenue with Toggl. It integrates with tens of different project management tools and makes the project manager’s life a lot easier.
What’s unique about Toggl?
- Log time anywhere on the web – Connect your timer more than 100 web tools via browser extension and track time anywhere.
- Instant overview of your billable time and team progress
- Real-time time entries and collaboration
- Automatically notify your team when they’ve forgotten to log hours, schedule their reports straight to your inbox
- Offline time tracking & mobile functionalities
- Integration with your favorite productivity tools
Clockodo is an online time tracking software for small and medium enterprises that records user’s work, helps to collaborate and provides reports. Your employees can track working hours online, quickly, simply and reliably.
What’s unique about Clockodo?
- Oversee resources – You can evaluate your scheduled and actual working hours.
- The faster issue of invoices – Use automatically generated time sheets to bill your projects faster and more accurately.
- clockodo does not divulge any data to third parties and complies with German data protection regulations.
- SSL encryption is used in all communications.
TimeCamp is equipped with quite a considerable amount of features. It has timesheet integration to track and bill time spent on projects. Teams all over the world can easily track without the headache of timesheets.
What’s unique about TimeCamp?
- Easily billable hours tracking
- TimeCamp is equipped with quite a considerable amount of features
- TimeCamp is integrable with PayPal, enabling users to track their payments for issued invoices on an ongoing basis.
Timely is an automation time tracking tool and best collaboration tool that is of great value for individuals in project development. With Timely, your schedule is your timer.Timely is beautifully designed to lay out your scheduled activity next to your actual activity.
What’s unique about Timely?
- Timely different combines scheduling and time tracking in one place
- Timely allows you to set budgets for your projects and automatically deducts employee hours from that budget.
- Memory aims to ensure you know exactly how you spend your time, with the goal of maximizing efficiency.
Harvest is a web-based time-tracking tool that harnesses the power of time-tracking and online collaboration in the most effective manner. It is a robust and easy-to-use time tracking application that easily integrates with iOS, Android, and even Apple Watch. It also supports a resource planning tool that helps you schedule future projects and assign team members based on capacity.
What’s unique about Harvest
- Harvest makes it easy to track time and expenses
- Submit timesheets, track billable, non-billable hours and send invoices
- Intuitive visual reports to keep projects on track
ClickTime is one of those time tracking tools that will be particularly helpful for programmers, engineers, and professionals working in IT department. With timesheets in ClickTime, you can increase project visibility, reduce costs, and stay on projects. They also help you reveal new insights, understand patterns, employee performance – all from a simple timesheet!
What’s unique about ClickTime
- On-demand reports surface key-metrics and progress against organizational goals
- Instantly know which projects are over or under budget
- Approve timesheets, time off, and billable hours with ease
- Easily uncover what’s working, what’s not and where things can be improved
- Track time on your phone and laptop to manage budgets and plan employee time
With so many distractions around, RescueTime helps you to prioritize your work so you can focus and be more productive. It is a personal analytics service that shows you how you spend your time and provides tools to help you be more productive.
What’s unique about RescueTime
- Gives you detailed reports and data based on your activity
- Lets you block distracting websites for a certain period of time
- Log highlights about what you accomplished during the day
- Runs securely in the background on your computer and mobile devices
File sharing tools
Dropbox is a simple and powerful way to keep your team on sync. Its business version allows more space (1 terabyte, or enough to store 250 movies) and more features and higher sharing limits. You can sync your Dropbox content to ProofHub for managing tasks and projects. Send files and folders and keep your work safe in Dropbox.
What’s unique about DropBox?
- Share files and folders with others in order to collaborate.
- Send links via email or chat messages and access your documents easily from anywhere on any device.
- Safely sync them across all your devices.
- Dedicated live support.
With OneDrive your team can share can store photos, documents, videos and all file type. You can store, sync and access your files anytime, anywhere on the web. OneDrive, an online collaboration platform allows you and your colleagues to collaborate with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote from your desktop, mobile device, and the web. Now work seamlessly with tools you use every day to create, communicate and collaborate effectively with your system.
What is unique about OneDrive?
- OneDrive has a program that organizes your information and puts you in control of Versioning, Content Approval, Workflows and other.
- OneDrive supplies users with up to 1TB of storage space for a very affordable rate.
- With OneDrive you can use it as a cloud storage system
- OneDrive offers Android and iOS apps to ensure agents can use it even when not in the office.
WeTransfer keeps your things simple, transfer your files from A to B using a web browser service. You can also personalize the way you share your files, take your story to amazing places with a captivating ideas.
What is unique about WeTransfer:
- Customizable backgrounds, URLs and emails
- Long-term storage
- Large-size file transfers in on go
- Password protected transfers
File sharing with dropsend offers unlimited bandwidth for sharing and receiving files. You just have to browse to the folder you want to share and share it with whomever you want to. For group file sharing, business plan is also available.
What is unique about Dropsend:
- Send large files of up to 8 GB
- Available with 256-bit AES Security
- No software to install
- Back up all your files online
Hightail serves two primary purposes: online file sharing and creative collaborative feature. This cloud service is designed to help teams to manage projects from start to finish, share images, send large files, videos, PDFs, and more with other team members. With this online collaboration software, teams can easily collaborate on files and protect data shared with clients. As the clients are in the loop, they can provide feedback on files anytime and all the changes can be tracked easily. The collaborative platform aims to eliminate sharing files through emails, where most of the miscommunications can occur.
What’s unique about Hightail
- Recipients get notified whenever a file is shared with them
- Send and track delivery of files up to 100GB
- Collect precise feedback in one place
- Sync files from Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox
Wimi is an online collaboration software that enables powerful team collaboration in full-featured dedicated workspaces.
What’s unique about Wimi?
- Centralize documents, calendars, discussions, and tasks. Keep all your business processes in sync.
- Enhance productivity, improve internal communication, and collaborate in real time.
- Have your own personal space in the cloud and configure it with your colors and brand.
- keep control over each team member accesses with Wimi advanced access rights management.
SugarSync is a cloud file sharing, file sync and online backup service that is simple, powerful and easy to use. It makes it easy to access all your folders across any of your devices, making it easy to get things done while giving you the peace of mind that your important files are always protected.
What’s unique about SugarSync
- enables you to backup your existing folder structure
- Access folders instantly from other PCs or mobile devices
- Secure and quick file sharing
Box is a file-sharing service that helps you create, edit, review, and share documents from anywhere in real-time. As files are stored in the cloud so you can access, edit, and share them from any device. In Box, you get 10 GB of storage and 250 MB file-upload limit. It is trusted by more than 50,000 organizations across the world.
What’s unique about Box
- Secure file-upload, viewing, and sharing
- Uses protection measures like customer-managed encryption, granular permissions, and mobile security
- Complies with data retention and regulatory policies
- Easily integrable with third-party apps such as Slack, IBM, G Suite and more
Sharefile is a good collaboration solution for storing and sharing files that are built for businesses. There is no file-size restrictions and allows to share files with clients and colleagues professionally.
- ShareFile has an interface that is simple and very intuitive.
- Roles & Permissions for organized access.
- ShareFile organizes files and tracks changes.
- Bulletproof security and the compulsory SSL/TLS connection and 256-bit encryption.
- Applicability in various industries for both SMBs and enterprises.
The pocket is for your teams to save directly from your browser or apps to view late. You can save articles, videos, and almost anything into Pocket to view them later on any device. You do not even need an internet connection to view it later.
What is unique about Pocket:
- Save articles, videos and stories from any publication, page or app
- Jump into something you’ve already saved even if you’re offline
- Organize saved items in Pocket with tags
- Integrates with 1000+ apps to automate work
- iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Kobo and Web apps available
Keep your and your team’s best ideas always with you and in sync. Evernote tool is a collaboration tool for businesses that make it possible to share your ideas with a large team. You can capture, organize and share notes from anywhere. The teams can give their best ideas and knowledge in seconds and keep everything in one place.
What is unique about Evernote:
- Capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists
- Plan, keep records, and manage projects from any device–even offline
- Type notes, add attachments, clip web pages, or record memos
- Use notebooks, tags, or our powerful search to find everything you need quickly
Pinterest is a simple and social way for occasional browsers , for people who actively share their business blogs, and for those who pined away anything for their leisure to do it in a visually pleasing way. You can organize ideas and inspiration, save articles, visual content and go back to your boards anytime. You can have active boards or boards that are more than to-do lists, to save your favorites.
What is unique about Pinterest:
- Visual search feature to find specific items
- Use the Pinterest browser extension to save links to your boards
- Share pin, boards easily with Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and a text message
MindMeister allows your team to plan projects, manage meetings and sketch out business plans. It allows teams to be more innovative by providing an environment for brainstorming as well as planning. You can choose from a plenty of templates that it has to organize work easy. And it also allows the user to share their mind maps with anyone they want in real time or make it public.
What is unique about MindMeister:
- Perfect tool for creative brainstorming alone or in a team
- capture, develop and share ideas visually
- Use maps to outline project plans, create business strategies, plan events
- View, edit and present your maps even on the go with mobile app for Android and iOS
Feeling disorganized? Organimi is the perfect organizational chart tool to help organize your workplace structure. Their focus is to help ease the creation of organizational charts by helping customers map out teams or project-based structures. You can choose from existing templates or start from scratch. It integrates with Active Directory, GSuite, and any other system that provides a excel file or CSV to allow for a seamless import for extensive contact lists. Features such as custom fields, colour-coding, and their legendary SmartChartTM legend allows you to jazz up your org chart so it fits in with your branding strategy.
What’s unique about Organimi
- Format & brand your chart with extensive colour & customization options
- Print and share your organizational charts without a hitch
- Keeps everyone across the organization readily updated
- Drag & drop functionality
What is online collaboration tools & Software?
Imagine managing teams from one part of the globe and your designer or writer or developer or marketing team sitting on the other side of the globe. How do you collaborate with your remote workers frequently and conveniently? How do you manage to get everyone the same page and ensure that they get the latest updates of projects? It can be challenging for not only the remote business workers but also in-house teams to keep pace with the upcoming tasks. Thanks to online collaboration tools that help in managing small and big businesses and in managing the workflow.
There are plenty of collaboration tools in the market today. Online collaboration software is not made for just remote location workers but is also a valuable tool for any business that wants to be more efficient and effective. It empowers teams to optimize resources, execute projects, promote transparency and achieve unparalleled collaboration.
What are the key features in an online collaboration tool and software?
First of all, an online collaboration tool for business is an easy way out to how to collaborate because of its unique features. There are some useful features like calendar, ability to upload documents, send notifications by e-mail and other updates. So, if you mainly want to have a good collaboration, your collaboration software needs to be secure and to have the features that will fit your purposes. It is important that the tool you choose has a good functionality.
How can online collaboration help business?
It has become quite common to see employees working from all over the world on a single project. This increasingly dispersed workforce is becoming the trend and thus making online collaboration the need. Collaborating online is used to remove the gap between employees due to far-away locations, run effective meetings online and ensure that they work together at the same time on the same page. And this will help to run projects faster and an improved communication between employees.
How do I choose collaboration tool or Software?
Now as you know the importance of collaboration tools and some common use tools, how do you choose one for your teams? Companies should choose a software according to their needs and identify the best service for your team.
Prefer multiple features
Pick tools that offer excellent service and multiple features for team collaboration. Choosing multiple features will improve your work efficiency and allows people to use it in many different ways.
Easy to use
Nobody wants a complex structure to work. Make sure that the tool you use delivers services that do not take a lot of time to get used to and keep an eye out for an intuitive interface and simple navigation.
Prefer a cloud-based
Cloud-based technology is far better to others as you are saved from the headache of version controls. Every information is stored online and you can access it from anywhere.
Check for integration
Integrations are key to convenient work. Look for tools that seamlessly integrate with some important tools and are also compatible with various devices.
So, pick one that brings out the best for your teams. These tools are increasingly making every kind of business likely to be successful.
No communication gaps, no more disorganized work, no more failed project in 2018. Switch to ProofHub!