If you’re seriously considering investing in a good time management tool then this article is for you. Whether you’re a freelancer wanting to stay organized when on a tight schedule or a project manager looking to efficiently utilize your team’s work hours, effective time management is the need of the hour.
You can look for all the effective time management tips for work, but using top-rate online time management tools is the best way to make sure your valuable work time is not wasted.
No matter how you work, you need time management apps to track how much time you are spending on what activities while at work. Time management refers to how you schedule and organize your time for different activities but at the same time, there are several challenges in how you manage your time.
If you want to build a team that is effective in time management, I have summed up the top 17 time management tools that are considered the best in the market today.
Here is a quick overview, followed by their best features and pricing.
17 Top time management tools that can help you right away
When it comes to efficient project management and seamless team collaboration, nothing beats ProofHub. This all-in-one offers project teams of any size, across various industry verticals, a suite of advanced features put in one place including a powerful online time management tool.
Ironically, in this age of hectic work schedules, 82% of people don’t have a time management system.
If your team is consistently struggling to meet deadlines and you have little idea of how much time your team members are spending on different tasks and projects, using a top online time management tool is the best thing you can do right now.
So, how does ProofHub’s time-tracking system solve your time management woes?
Let’s understand how it works and helps businesses and their employees be more productive.
Here’s what makes ProoHub so popular
- Timesheets. Manual time entries are prone to errors and faux entries. Using ProofHub, you can create timesheets, set time estimates, and accurately track time spent on tasks and projects to have a clear picture of how much time every individual team member spent on assigned tasks.
- Set time estimates. Working on any task without knowing its estimated time is likely to result in dragging it unnecessarily long. ProofHub’s time management tool allows you to set time estimates for different tasks on timesheets. You can compare the actual time spent on the completion of each task against the estimated time and get notified whenever the tracked time exceeds the estimates.
- Automatic timers. Tracking time spent on tasks you do is effortless with automatic timers. Start timers as you start working on a new task, pause them as you take breaks or switch to other tasks, and stop them once you finish a particular task.
- Manual time logging. You can manually enter the time it took to get the work done and track time spent for billable or non-billable hours manually.
- All-time data in one place. ProofHub allows you to have a comprehensive view of all time data of people across all projects, billable or non-billable, project progress, and status in a bird’s eye view without the need to jump through projects.
- Export timesheets. Export timesheets and use them for client invoicing, payroll, estimation, and even time management.
- Archive timesheets. Archive timesheets from the Time section and use them later whenever required.
- Time reports. Using ProofHub’s online time management tool, you can create custom time reports of people and projects. It helps you to analyze how efficient individuals in your teams are as you visualize their output in a given time.
- Integration: Integrates well with popular tools such as Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Freshbooks, Google Calendar and more.
Remove time wastage from work with ProofHub’s time tracking tool. Sign up now and save 40%! (Limited time offer)
DeskTime is a desktop and mobile time-tracking tool for employees. It’s filled with practical tools for anyone who wants to get more out of their time spent at work. This includes powerful features for productivity measurement, attendance tracking, and effective workflow management that boosts performance for teams and individuals alike.
DeskTime has integrations with project management apps that allow users to connect the time tracker with widely used tools like Asana, Basecamp, Jira, Trello, and GitLab, as well as Google and Outlook Calendars.
Here’s what makes DeskTime so popular
- Automatic online and idle time tracking
- Project and task time tracking
- Productivity calculation
- Absence calendar
- Shift Scheduling
- Invoicing and budgeting
- Smart reporting and data exports
- Popular management tool integrations
Features vary between plans.
Pricing: Limited free plan for 1 user; Pro Plan $7 per user/ month, Premium plan costs $10 and Enterprise costs $20 a month.
Hubstaff’s employee time-tracking software allows the team to track work hours spent on every single project and task. Employees can choose when they want to record their time and also track how much time they spend on a particular task or project.
Here’s what makes Hubstaff so popular
- Focus more on completing work than tracking it
- Smart web, desktop, and mobile apps
- Feature-rich dashboard for easy team management
- Record time on the road with mobile-based time tracking
- Streamlines process for managing teams and payments
Pricing: Hubstaff’s Starter plan starts at $7/user/month, Grow plan starts at $9, Team at $12, and Enterprise plan at $25/user/month when billed monthly.
Calendar is a great time-management tool helps to organize multiple tasks and several people’s schedules. It also adds helpful features such as a unified online calendar, time-usage analytics, and finding mutually agreeable meeting times easily. No other calendar tool offers all of these features together. Calendar’s unified dashboard allows users to view all of their different calendars across Google, Outlook, and Apple in one user-friendly interface.
Calendar also offers all of the time scheduling tools you and your team need to effortlessly fill up a customized dashboard. Calendar accomplishes this via the use of emailable smart links. These smart links display your availability — at all times and across all of your different calendars — making it brain-dead simple for the recipient to select and click a suitable time slot. Easy, one-click booking eliminates phone calls, email ping-pong, and scheduling mistakes.
Calendar smart links are available in several different styles that include one-on-one meetings, round-robin, and multi-host. Multi-host provides links that display the availability of multiple people that can be checked using one link. Group scheduling links enable multiple people to book the same time slot, making it the perfect solution for scheduling training sessions or webinars.
Here’s what makes Calendar so popular
- Currently, Calendar is the only time management tool on the market that solves both your calendaring and scheduling needs in one easy-to-use package.
- Simple, intuitive smart links make it easy for others to schedule time with you.
- Calendar offers surprisingly competitive pricing given its functionality.
- Additional features such as Find a Time, insightful usage analytics, and others separate Calendar from other software packages.
Pricing: Calendar offers a Basic free plan. The standard plan is priced at $10 per month per user. Calendar also offers a Pro Plan priced at $12 per month per user. Discounts are available for schools, non-profits, and larger teams.
Toggl makes time tracking so simple that teams love using it. This is an online time management tool that integrates with different project management systems. Toggl also has integrations for Chrome, Mozilla, Android, iPhone, and desktop.
Here’s what makes Toggl so popular
- Unlimited projects and sub-projects for accurate time tracking
- Reports featuring team progress
- Online & offline time tracking
- Assign billable rates to your task
Pricing: Toggl is free for up to 5 users, the starter $9 per user per month (billed annually), and Premium starts at $18 per month (billed annually). The Enterprise plan is available by contacting sales.
Zapier is an online automation tool that can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks. With tools like Zapier, you can connect and automate your apps with just a few clicks. With Zapier, you can search for your favorite apps and choose from a list of “Zaps” (integrations), or create your workflow.
Here’s what makes Zapier so popular
- Sync with Google Calendar
- Publically share apps
- Set up triggers and actions
- Automate repetitive tasks
Pricing: The starter plan at $19.99 per month, the Professional plan is $49 and the Team plan is at $69 when billed annually.
Missing deadlines? Use ProofHub to stay on top of your schedule. Manage tasks, team and projects all in one place.
7. Focus booster
Focus Booster is one of the best online time management tools available today. With Focus booster, you can stop procrastinating and track your time to achieve more, understand how you use your time, and feel satisfied knowing you are productive. Focus booster is ideal for freelancers, students, and driven individuals, anyone with big goals.
Here’s what makes Focus booster so popular
- Record your sessions and your timesheets will be created
- Know when your next break is with a top mini-timer
- Work in short sharp bursts followed by short breaks, to be most effective
- Quick and easy reporting to share reports or use them to create invoices in seconds
Pricing: Individual plan at $2.99 and a professional plan at $4.99.
TimeCamp is a great digital time management tool that allows you to track time and assign it to tasks in multiple ways. The most common is the manual timesheet, thanks to which you can either enter the duration for the desired task or use a classic start/stop method with our timer. It uses time-tracking for billing clients, measuring project profitability, or paying employees at the end of the month.
Here’s what makes TimeCamp so popular
- Automatic billable & non-billable time tracking
- Integrated payment getaway
- Budgeting in $ or time
- Powerful reporting
- Mobile & desktop apps
Pricing: Apart from a free forever version, Timecamp offers three paid plans to choose from. Starter: $2.99/user/month when billed annually, $3.99 when billed monthly Premium: $4.99/user/month, $6.99 when billed monthly Ultimate: $ 7.99/user/month, $10.99 when billed monthly
Clockify is a digital time management tool that is 100% free, and full-featured for teams. It is designed for teams that can be used in the cloud or installed on Mac, Windows, or Linux OS. Clockify’s free plan includes unlimited core functionality as well as unlimited users, unlimited projects, and many other features.
Here’s what makes Clockify so popular
- Track time using a stopwatch
- Manual mode to enter hours
- Track time on projects
- Mark time as billable
- Quickly load activities each week
Pricing: The basic plan starts at $4.99 per user, the Standard plan starts at $5.49/ user, the Pro plan is at $7.99 per user, and the Enterprise plan is at $14.99 when billed monthly.
Talk of the best digital tools for time management and TSheets cannot be far behind. TSheets by QuickBooks offers easy time tracking through a web, mobile, and time clock kiosk. Employees can clock in or clock out with just one click. This is the highest-rated app on top review hubs.
Here’s what makes TSheets so popular
- Mobile timesheets from an Android or iPhone
- Crew managers can clock in/out team members individually or at once
- Streamline scheduling
- Easily track labor estimates versus actuals, with Projects
Pricing: Premium plan at $8 per user, per month +$20 base fee per month.
Teamdeck.io is a child of Apptension – a product design and software development company that works with Uber, Netflix, Spotify, and more. Teamdeck.io is a resource management software with time management features.
Here’s what makes Teamdeck.io so popular
- Employee scheduling
- project planning
- Employee time tracking
- Resource utilization
- Workload controlling
- Availability management
Pricing: Teamdeck’s basic plan with limited features starts at $0.9, and the team member plan starts at $ 3.60/ month.
Monday.com is rated as one of the most popular project management and time management tools that provides the ideal platform for time management for small to large businesses. With monday.com, users can add code-free automation to their boards to minimize human error and dedicate more time to the work that makes an impact.
Besides online time management, monday.com also allows users to communicate and collaborate in one shared workspace. It also integrates with the tools you already use to help you streamline your workflows to get more done in less time.
Users can track time from any location at any time using the mobile app version.
Here’s what makes monday.com so popular
- Fully customizable board to fit your workflow
- Automates mundane processes
- One flexible platform to plan, run, and track work
- It has a flexible reporting feature that will give users the time breakdown by tasks, projects, and clients
Pricing: Free: The Free plan allows for basic usage with limited features for up to 2 seats.
Basic: The Basic plan is priced at $9 per seat per month, billed annually and $12 per seat per month, billed monthly. It includes essential features and functionality to manage your tasks and projects.
Standard: The Standard plan is priced at $12 per seat per month, billed annually, and $14 per seat per month, billed monthly. It offers additional features, including a timeline view, calendar view, and more advanced collaboration options.
Pro: The Pro plan is priced at $19 per seat per month, billed annually, and $24 per seat per month, billed monthly. It provides advanced features like time tracking, custom automation, and additional integrations.
Enterprise: For larger organizations with specific requirements, an Enterprise plan is available. You need to contact the Monday.com team to discuss pricing and customization options.
Monitask is a great time management, task management, and productivity-monitoring website created for organizations and companies that employ a remote workforce. This application can capture computer screenshots randomly or at intervals assigned by the employer.
Employers can see the employee’s timeline to see how much time was spent on different projects, websites visited, applications that were running, and the employee’s activity level.
Here’s what makes Monitask so popular
- Accurate time tracking for employees and their tasks
- Captures computer screenshots randomly or at assigned intervals
- Easily generate online timesheets for employees
- Less overstaffing and lower costs
- Improves employees’ level of performance
- HD screenshots, screen monitoring, and real-time dashboard features
Pricing: Professional version at $5.99 per user/month, the business plan costs $8.99 and the Enterprise version is available on quote.
Tmetric is a simple and accurate tool for time management that sets you free from tedious time management and tracking. It has a clean interface that provides great control over project budgets and time intervals.
The software easily lets you monitor working hours, breaks, attendances, and leaves, so you can pay employees accurately and boost individual productivity day in and day out.
Here’s what makes Tmetric so popular
- A detailed visual timeline
- Also functions as a money tool tracker
- Websites and app usage tracking
- Easy to use and customizable time tracking system
- Automatic activity time tracking
- Real-time monitoring
- Browser add-ons for automated data capturing
Pricing: Tmetric is free for individuals, the Business plan is at $7 per month and the Professional plan is at $5 per month.
RescueTime is a powerful time-tracking and distraction-blocking software that provides accurate and intelligent insights into websites and applications your employees use during work.
RescueTime is a feature-rich tool that blocks distracting websites to help users focus on important tasks at hand. This application allows users to set smart goals on how they want to spend their time. It has all the right tools and data to help employees be at their productive best.
Here’s what makes RescueTime so popular
- Gives detailed reports, trends, and insights
- Users can set Smart goals and real-time alerts
- Integrates with your favorite apps
- Set daily limits on apps and sites
- Automatic tracking of time users spend on apps, websites, and even specific documents
- One-click offline time tracking
Pricing: RescueTime Premium: Cost: $12 per month or $78 per year
RescueTime Lite: Free forever.
Chrometa is a passive time-keeping and online time-management system that can automatically capture the tasks that you and your teams work on. This application runs in the background and records your billable time. Chrometa also captures phone calls and text messages to turn time on a mobile device into billable time.
This software is ideal for project managers, accountants, lawyers, and freelancers who can track which web pages, programs, and URLs were visited by their team members.
Here’s what makes Chrometa so popular
- Automatic time capturing
- Offline time tracking
- Overtime calculation
- Billable and non-billable hours
- Timesheet management
- Minimizes admin costs
- Automatically allocate time to clients and projects
Pricing: Standard plan is at $19 per user/month, Plus plan is at $29 per user/month, and Premium plan is at $49 per user/month
Harvest is a time-tracking, reporting, and invoicing tool for businesses. It simplifies project management, invoicing process, and timekeeping, which helps you keep a closer eye on how the time is spent across the projects. Harvest also provides you valuable insights through its reporting functionalities, enabling you to analyze project performance and make informed decisions.
Here’s what makes Harvest so popular
- Start and stop timers as you work through your to-do list
- Integrates with the apps you already use
- Tracking expenses is as easy as snapping a pic
- Fix time-tracking mistakes right from the reports.
- Review and approve timesheets for your team weekly.
Pricing: Harvest pricing plans:
Harvest: Ideal for freelancers and solopreneurs. 1 seat, 2 projects. Cost: $0 (free forever).
Harvest Pro: Perfect for teams, startups, and growing businesses. Unlimited seats, unlimited projects. Cost: $10.80/seat/month (Billed Annually) & $12/seat/month (Billed Monthly).
Time is money. Manage, track and allocate efficiently with ProofHub! Get started for FREE!
If you want to be more productive at work, you’ve got to ace time management. It will benefit you in several ways – improve your chances of professional growth and success, reduce undue stress, and work on things that matter.
The key is to dedicate your valuable work time to tasks and projects that deliver high value while eliminating time-wasting activities that hamper your productivity. Using time management tools will enable you to understand where all your valuable time is going.
So, pick the right time management tool that you think offers you more bang for your buck. In other words, a tool that offers a suite of features, including time tracking, to help you have greater control over your work. Good luck!
Why is time management important?
Time management is important to help you prioritize your work and save you from unnecessary stress at work to achieve better results.
What are the best time management tools for employees?
How to choose the best time management tool for you?
Here are important features to consider when choosing the best tools for time management:
2. Tracking features
3. Learning curve
4. Compatibility with devices
5. Reporting feature
Why is time management important in the workplace?
Time management is important in the workplace to ensure proper utilization of employees’ work time so they can meet deadlines and be more productive.