If you’re serious about time, then this article is for you. Whether you’re a freelancer wanting to stay organized when on a tight schedule or a leader who wants to keep time managed to better use your team’s hours, effective time management is the need of the hour. And the best way to do this is by using the right time management tools.
No matter how you work, you need time management apps. Time management refers to how you schedule and organize your time for different activities but at the same time, there are challenges in time management.
If you want to build a team that is effective in time management, I have summed up the top 9 time management tools that I consider to be the best in the market today. Here is a quick overview, followed by their best features and pricing.
Table of Contents
- 9 Time Management Tools That Can Help You Right Away
- 1. Time management with ProofHub
- 2. Track time with Hubstaff
- 3. Use Harvest to log hours
- 4. No hassle-time tracking with Toggl
- 5. Automate tasks and save time with Zapier
- 6. Increase focus and limit distraction with Focus booster
- 7. TimeCamp
- 8. Timesheet and time tracker with Clockify
- 9. Employee scheduling and mobile time tracking with TSheets
9 Time Management Tools That Can Help You Right Away
ProofHub provides you with all the tools that you need under one roof to efficiently manage time, tasks, project reports, file proofing & much more. In ProofHub, you can track time both manually and using timers. It gives answers to questions like: Where is the team’s time going? What are the billable hours of the project? Did anyone keep track of the time spent on this task?
Here’s a closer look at some features that put ProofHub in a league of its own.
- Add multiple timesheets to record time data.
- Set time estimates to see how much time it should take to get work done.
- See time data for all projects, billable or non-billable, project progress.
- Enter hours it took to get work done.
- Record the time it takes to get work done using timers.
- Export timesheets and use them for client invoicing, payroll, estimation, and even time management.
- Archive timesheets from the Time section and use them later whenever required.
- Create custom time reports of people and projects.
- Limit visibility of timesheets only to the people you want to share with.
Pricing: Ultimate control plan at $89 /month, billed annually for unlimited users. Essential plan at $45 /month, billed annually for unlimited users.
Try time tracking in ProofHub. Sign up now.
2. Track time with Hubstaff
Hubstaff’s employee time tracking software allows the team to track work hours spent on every single project and task. Employees can choose when they want to record their time and also track how much time they spent on a particular task or project.
Here’s what makes this online time tracking tool so popular.
- Focus more on completing work than tracking it
- Smart web, desktop, and mobile apps
- Feature-rich dashboard for easy team management
- Record time on the road with mobile-based time tracking
- Streamlines process for managing teams and payments
Pricing: Basic plan at $7/user/month and premium plan at $10/user/month.
3. Use Harvest to log hours
If you need to track time, create professional invoices, or keep a closer eye on your labor costs, Harvest is a time tracking software for you. It runs on the web and in native apps for all of your devices.
Here’s what makes Harvest so popular.
- Start and stop timers as you work through your to-do list
- Integrates with the apps you already use
- Tracking expenses is as easy as snapping a pic
- Fix time tracking mistakes right from the reports.
- Review and approve timesheets for your team weekly.
Pricing: Free for 1 person, 2 projects. And Pro plan at $12 per person per month.
4. No hassle-time tracking with Toggl
Toggl makes time tracking so simple that teams love using it. This is a time tracking app that integrates with different project management systems. Toggl also has integrations for Chrome, Mozilla, Android, iPhone, and desktop
Here’s what makes Toggl so popular.
- Unlimited projects and sub-projects for accurate time tracking
- Reports featuring team progress
- Online & offline time tracking
- Assign billable rates to your task
Pricing: From $9 /user/month.
5. Automate tasks and save time with Zapier
Zapier is an online automation tool that can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks. With tools like Zapier, you can connect and automate your apps with just a few clicks. With Zapier, you can search for your favorite apps and choose from a list of “Zaps” (integrations), or create your own workflow.
Here’s what makes Zapier so popular.
- Sync with Google Calendar
- Publically share apps
- Set up triggers and actions
- Automate repetitive tasks
Pricing: Starter plan at $19.99 per month, billed annually.
6. Increase focus and limit distraction with Focus booster
With Focus booster, you can stop procrastinating and track your time to achieve more, understand how you use your time and feel satisfied knowing you are productive. Focus booster is ideal for freelancers, students and driven individuals, anyone with big goals.
Here’s what makes Focus booster so popular.
- Record your sessions and your timesheets will be created
- Know when your next break is with top mini timer
- Work in short sharp bursts followed by short breaks, to be most effective
- Quick and easy reporting to share reports or use them to create invoices in seconds
Pricing: Individual plan at $2.99 and a professional plan at $4.99.
TimeCamp allows you to track time and assign it to tasks in multiple ways. The most common is the manual timesheet, thanks to which you can either enter the duration for the desired task or use a classic start/stop method with our timer. It uses time-tracking for billing clients, measuring project profitability, or paying employees at the end of the month.
Here’s what makes TimeCamp so popular.
- Automatic billable & non-billable time tracking
- Integrated payment getaway
- Budgeting in $ or time
- Powerful reporting
- Mobile & desktop apps
Pricing: Basic plan at $5.25/user per month and Pro plan at $7.50/user per month.
8. Timesheet and time tracker with Clockify
Clockify is a time tracking solution that is 100% free, full-featured for teams. It is designed for teams that can be used in the cloud or installed on Mac, Windows, or Linux OS. Clockify’s free plan includes unlimited core functionality as well as unlimited users, unlimited projects, and many other features.
Here’s what makes Clockify so popular.
- Track time using a stopwatch
- Manual mode to enter hours
- Track time on projects
- Mark time as billable
- Quickly load activities each week
Pricing: Unlimited users, free forever.
9. Employee scheduling and mobile time tracking with TSheets
TSheets by QuickBooks offer easy time tracking through a web, mobile and time clock kiosk. Employees can clock in or clock out with just one click. This is the highest-rated app on top review hubs.
Here’s what makes TSheets so popular.
- Mobile timesheets from an Android or iPhone
- Crew managers can clock in/out team members individually or at once
- Streamline scheduling
- Easily track labor estimates versus actuals, with Projects
Pricing: Premium plan at $8 per user, per month +$20 base fee per month.
Time management issues at work? Try ProofHub.
I hope these tools will help you to track time the best way. Find the one that best fits your needs. Good luck!