If you’re serious about time, then this article is for you. Whether you’re a freelancer wanting to stay organized when on a tight schedule or a leader who wants to keep time managed to better use your team’s hours, effective time management is the need of the hour. And the best way to do this is by using the right time management tools.
No matter how you work, you need time management apps. Time management refers to how you schedule and organize your time for different activities but at the same time, there are challenges in time management.
If you want to build a team that is effective in time management, I have summed up the top 9 time management tools that I consider to be the best in the market today. Here is a quick overview, followed by their best features and pricing.
Table of Contents
15 Time Management Tools That Can Help You Right Away
ProofHub provides you with all the tools that you need under one roof to efficiently manage time, tasks, project reports, file proofing & much more. In ProofHub, you can track time both manually and using timers. It gives answers to questions like: Where is the team’s time going? What are the billable hours of the project? Did anyone keep track of the time spent on this task?
Here’s a closer look at some features that put ProofHub in a league of its own.
- Add multiple timesheets to record time data.
- Set time estimates to see how much time it should take to get work done.
- See time data for all projects, billable or non-billable, project progress.
- Enter hours it took to get work done.
- Record the time it takes to get work done using timers.
- Export timesheets and use them for client invoicing, payroll, estimation, and even time management.
- Archive timesheets from the Time section and use them later whenever required.
- Create custom time reports of people and projects.
- Limit visibility of timesheets only to the people you want to share with.
Pricing: Ultimate control plan at $89 /month, billed annually for unlimited users. Essential plan at $45 /month, billed annually for unlimited users.
Try time tracking in ProofHub. Sign up now.
DeskTime is a desktop and mobile time tracking app for companies and freelancers. It’s filled with practical tools for anyone who wants to get more out of their time spent at work. This includes powerful features for productivity measurement, attendance tracking, and effective workflow management that boosts performance for teams and individuals alike.
DeskTime has integrations with project management apps that allows users to connect the time tracker with widely used tools like Asana, Basecamp, Jira, Trello, and GitLab, as well as Google and Outlook Calendars.
Here’s what makes DeskTime so popular.*
- Automatic online and idle time tracking
- Project and task time tracking
- Productivity calculation
- Absence calendar
- Shift Scheduling
- Invoicing and budgeting
- Smart reporting and data exports
- Popular management tool integrations
Hubstaff’s employee time tracking software allows the team to track work hours spent on every single project and task. Employees can choose when they want to record their time and also track how much time they spent on a particular task or project.
Here’s what makes this online time tracking tool so popular.
- Focus more on completing work than tracking it
- Smart web, desktop, and mobile apps
- Feature-rich dashboard for easy team management
- Record time on the road with mobile-based time tracking
- Streamlines process for managing teams and payments
Pricing: Basic plan at $7/user/month and premium plan at $10/user/month.
If you need to track time, create professional invoices, or keep a closer eye on your labor costs, Harvest is a time tracking software for you. It runs on the web and in native apps for all of your devices.
Here’s what makes Harvest so popular.
- Start and stop timers as you work through your to-do list
- Integrates with the apps you already use
- Tracking expenses is as easy as snapping a pic
- Fix time tracking mistakes right from the reports.
- Review and approve timesheets for your team weekly.
Pricing: Free for 1 person, 2 projects. And Pro plan at $12 per person per month.
Toggl makes time tracking so simple that teams love using it. This is a time tracking app that integrates with different project management systems. Toggl also has integrations for Chrome, Mozilla, Android, iPhone, and desktop
Here’s what makes Toggl so popular.
- Unlimited projects and sub-projects for accurate time tracking
- Reports featuring team progress
- Online & offline time tracking
- Assign billable rates to your task
Pricing: From $9 /user/month.
Zapier is an online automation tool that can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks. With tools like Zapier, you can connect and automate your apps with just a few clicks. With Zapier, you can search for your favorite apps and choose from a list of “Zaps” (integrations), or create your own workflow.
Here’s what makes Zapier so popular.
- Sync with Google Calendar
- Publically share apps
- Set up triggers and actions
- Automate repetitive tasks
Pricing: Starter plan at $19.99 per month, billed annually.
7. Focus booster
With Focus booster, you can stop procrastinating and track your time to achieve more, understand how you use your time and feel satisfied knowing you are productive. Focus booster is ideal for freelancers, students and driven individuals, anyone with big goals.
Here’s what makes Focus booster so popular.
- Record your sessions and your timesheets will be created
- Know when your next break is with top mini timer
- Work in short sharp bursts followed by short breaks, to be most effective
- Quick and easy reporting to share reports or use them to create invoices in seconds
Pricing: Individual plan at $2.99 and a professional plan at $4.99.
TimeCamp allows you to track time and assign it to tasks in multiple ways. The most common is the manual timesheet, thanks to which you can either enter the duration for the desired task or use a classic start/stop method with our timer. It uses time-tracking for billing clients, measuring project profitability, or paying employees at the end of the month.
Here’s what makes TimeCamp so popular.
- Automatic billable & non-billable time tracking
- Integrated payment getaway
- Budgeting in $ or time
- Powerful reporting
- Mobile & desktop apps
Pricing: Basic plan at $5.25/user per month and Pro plan at $7.50/user per month.
Clockify is a time tracking solution that is 100% free, full-featured for teams. It is designed for teams that can be used in the cloud or installed on Mac, Windows, or Linux OS. Clockify’s free plan includes unlimited core functionality as well as unlimited users, unlimited projects, and many other features.
Here’s what makes Clockify so popular.
- Track time using a stopwatch
- Manual mode to enter hours
- Track time on projects
- Mark time as billable
- Quickly load activities each week
Pricing: Unlimited users, free forever.
TSheets by QuickBooks offer easy time tracking through a web, mobile and time clock kiosk. Employees can clock in or clock out with just one click. This is the highest-rated app on top review hubs.
Here’s what makes TSheets so popular.
- Mobile timesheets from an Android or iPhone
- Crew managers can clock in/out team members individually or at once
- Streamline scheduling
- Easily track labor estimates versus actuals, with Projects
Pricing: Premium plan at $8 per user, per month +$20 base fee per month.
Monday.com is a cloud-based work operating system that provides the ideal platform for time management for small to large businesses. With monday.com, users can add code-free automations to their boards to minimize human error and dedicate more time on the work that makes an impact.
Besides time management, monday.com also allows users to communicate and collaborate in one shared workspace. It also integrates with the tools you already use to help you streamline your workflows to get more done in less time.
Users can track time from any location at any time using the mobile app version.
Here’s what makes monday.com so popular.
- Fully customizable board to fit your workflow
- Automates mundane processes
- One flexible platform to plan, run, and track work
- It has a flexible reporting feature that will give users the time breakdown by tasks, projects, and clients
Pricing: Basic plan at $39 per month, Standard plan at $49 per month, Pro plan at $79 per month, Enterprise plan is available on quote.
Monitask is a time tracking, task management, and productivity monitoring application created for organizations and companies that employ a remote workforce. This application can capture computer screenshots randomly or at intervals assigned by the employer.
Employers can see the employee’s timeline to see how much time was spent on different projects, websites visited, applications that were running, and the employee’s activity level.
Here’s what makes Monitask so popular.
- Accurate time tracking for employees and their tasks
- Captures computer screenshots randomly or at assigned intervals
- Easily generate online timesheets for employees
- Less overstaffing and lower costs
- Improves employees’ level of performance
- HD screenshots, screen monitoring, and real-time dashboard features
Pricing: Professional version at $2.99 per user/month, Hosted version is available on quote.
Tmetric is a simple and accurate employee time tracking software that sets you free from tedious time tracking. It has a clean interface that provides great control over project budgets and time intervals.
The software easily lets you monitor working hours, breaks, attendances, and leaves, so you can pay employees accurately and boost individual productivity day in and day out.
Here’s what makes Tmetric so popular.
- A detailed visual timeline
- Also functions as a money tool tracker
- Websites and app usage tracking
- Easy to use and customizable time tracking system
- Automatic activity time tracking
- Real-time monitoring
- Browser add-ons for automated data capturing
Pricing: Business plan is at $7 per month and the Professional plan is at $5 per month.
RescueTime is a powerful time tracking and distraction blocking software that provides accurate and intelligent insights into websites and applications your employees use during work.
RescueTime is a feature-rich tool that blocks distracting websites to help users to focus on important tasks on hand. This application allows users to set smart goals on how they want to spend their time. It has all the right tools and data to help employees be at their productive best.
Here’s what makes RescueTime so popular.
- Gives detailed reports, trends, and insights
- Users can set Smart goals and real-time alerts
- Integrates with your favorite apps
- Set daily limits on apps and sites
- Automatic tracking of time users spend on apps, websites, and even specific documents
- One-click offline time tracking
Pricing: Premium plan is at $9 per month/user.
Chrometa is a passive time-keeping app that can automatically capture the tasks that you and your teams work on. This application runs in the background and records your billable time. Chrometa also captures phone calls and text messages to turn time on a mobile device into billable time.
This software is ideal for project managers, accountants, lawyers, and freelancers who can track which web pages, programs, and URLs were visited by their team members.
Here’s what makes Chrometa so popular.
- Automatic time capturing
- Offline time tracking
- Overtime calculation
- Billable and non-billable hours
- Timesheet management
- Minimizes admin costs
- Automatically allocate time to clients and projects
Pricing: Standard plan is at $19 per user/month, Plus plan is at $29 per user/month, and Premium plan is at $49 per user/month
Time management issues at work? Try ProofHub.
I hope these tools will help you to track time the best way. Find the one that best fits your needs. Good luck!