You might be here because:
A. You’re researching various project management software options and evaluating your choices.
B. You’re currently utilizing Podio and seeking a superior alternative.
With the overflowing number of project management tools on the Internet, Podio has made its remarkable mark as one of the finest project management software for teams. Owing to its robust features and roaring list of clienteles, Podio has made it always on point.
Some consider it as the best project management solution, but it may not be exactly what you’re looking for. Therefore, alternatives for Podio. After all, there is no product that is perfect. Podio is one a famous example of a flexible and powerful online project management but it takes a lot of setups. More than 500,000 organizations use Podio to run projects and company departments.
In short, Podio makes it possible to:
- Collaborate on a project or task, reducing the number of emails and reply-all chains
- Break down large projects into simple to-do lists with assigned tasks
- To manage schedules with customized calendars
- Have a clear overview of the team’s work progress with visualized reports
- To communicate between team member seamlessly
Depending on what you need, Podio, unfortunately, may or may not be the ideal system for your needs. For instance, it may be too complex to understand or have a moderate learning curve, which is why we prepared a list of handy Podio alternatives you should consider.
Table of Contents
Top Podio Alternatives for the Project Management Solution
ProofHub is a cloud-based project management software for team collaboration and project management. With the right tools for better project planning, the teams are growing day by day by using ProofHub. It helps you simplify project management by putting all the pieces of your project’s puzzle at their right place. Popular names like that of NASA, Taco Bell, Disney, Netflix, and other 85000+ small groups are using ProofHub to end their project management woes.
Why use ProofHub instead of Podio?
- Suitable for businesses who want to operate on a global level
- Collaborate and communicate over organizational matters from one place
- Open API to connect it to virtually any third-party system
- Online proofing software streamlines the proofing and approval process to save your time and effort
- Keep all your stuff secure and neatly organized in folders and subfolders
- Online time tracking software to record every hour spent
- Protect privacy and secrecy over confidential issues
Plan, collaborate, organize, and deliver projects efficiently with ProofHub.
Previously known as dapulse, monday.com is one of the market’s leading collaboration and communication apps. It syncs all information in a single hub and empowers teams to make important decisions together. This is a tool your team will enjoy using. 350,000 people, from 76 countries, in 40,000 teams manage their work with monday.com.
What problems will monday.com solve?
- Eliminate noise: get updates based on relevance
- Zero emails and meetings overhead
- Keep everyone on the same page
- Highly customizable interface
- Easily work with third parties
- An Execution Board – with a big screen display
- Knowledge base – auto-generated, completely searchable, full documentation
Frustrated with Monday.com? Check out best alternatives to monday.com.
An excellent alternative to Podio, Celoxis is a comprehensive web-based project management solution that is easy to use and affordable. It is an integrated solution you can use to manage your project portfolios, create modules for resource management, budgeting, time and expense tracking, reporting and team collaboration, workflows, expenses, time sheets, and resources.
What problems will Celoxis solve?
- Improve client and team collaboration
- Plan and curate multiple project portfolios
- Connect with a project plan and actual work
- Get meaningful data from in order to make informed decisions
- Resource management with off-time scheduling
CollaBrill – an innovative cloud-based affordable solution that has all that you need to be successful. It has 360-degree Collaboration and Analytics for HR, Payroll, Recruitment, Sales & Invoice, Project Management, and everything.
What problems will CollaBrill solve?
- Easier to move around across different devices or offices
- Easy to implement and use
- Collaborate with all stakeholder
Planio makes project management and team collaboration more efficient than Podio. Major features include: milestones, collaborative file management, a ticket system, automatically generated Gantt charts and roadmaps, news system, and wikis and forums.
What problems will Planio solve?
- Visualize the current status of every initiative, down to single tasks and hours tracked
- Project and customer management
- Run Agile projects with Scrum or Kanban boards
- Host unlimited SVN or GIT repositories
Because it is important to define timelines for a project and employees. OfficeTimer makes sure everyone is on the same page with clearly defined timelines. OfficeTimer makes a more viable, realistic and clear framework to set up deadlines and appoint fixed approval bids.
What problems will OfficeTimer solve?
- Manage time more efficiently with a clean and easy to understand interface
- Fully optimized for mobile platforms
- Make smarter business decisions
Another Podio alternative that is famous amongst teams is SmartTask. SmartTask is a product of Skillweb used by teams for employee scheduling, mobile workforce, and item tracking apps. It brings task management, file sharing, CRM, location tracking and instant messaging on one platform.
What problems will SmartTask solve?
- Payroll and invoicing
- Captures time of attendance of employees
- Collaborate on shared projects
- Stay connected with immediate notifications
Plan, collaborate, organize, and deliver projects with ProofHub.
8. Zoho projects
It is a part of Zoho business suite. On this platform, users can keep track of progress, communicate easily, and discuss ideas. This cloud-based system is highly accessible and intended to help Agile teams manage their projects.
What problems will Zoho projects solve?
- Help managers resolve errors in the project tasks
- Enables members to log their hours, both billable and non-billable
- The built-in integration automatically generates invoices from timesheets
- Built-in Gantt charts for milestone and dependencies
- Work together on documents, presentations, and spreadsheets
With Stackfield, you can manage the tasks and projects of your team. It enables the user to easily and intuitively create an individual and self-contained stack for every challenge. Stackfield enables the user to easily and intuitively create an individual stack for every challenge.
What problems will Stackfield solve?
- Work with your team on tasks, documents, and files in a secure way
- Stores and encrypts data using AES and RSA algorithms
- Communicate over secure data rooms with your partners
- Discussing multiple topics in a large team
- Create custom workflows and processes
ActiveCollab runs in the cloud like most other project management software. It lets you know who works on what, when work is due, who has too much work on their plate, and how deadlines are overlapping across projects. With ActiveCollab, you can spend less time on busy work and spend more time doing what matters.
What problems will ActiveCollab solve?
- Convenient email and in-line notification integration
- Streamline your internal communication by sharing files, delegating tasks, and much more
- Collaborate more closely
- Automatic reminders when payment is due
ProWorkflow gives team clear visibility and accountability on projects, tasks, billing, and reporting. It focuses on visibility to collaborate with teams easily. Stay on top of deadlines always with ProWorkflow. It is a productive tool providing a comprehensive set of features that are easy to use by all team members.
What problems will ProWorkflow solve?
- Customize templates for reports and forms
- Keep all project information in one organized page
- View and manage your workload in different ways
- Time tracking and budgeting tools to streamline your project and task processes
- Robust reporting tools to identify and measure metrics
Avaza is an integrated cloud solution for professional services. The team can run projects with support for resource management. Avaza’s all-in-one business management software with clients allow users to drag and drop tasks and files as required. Keep your client’s happy using online project collaboration.
What problems will Avaza solve?
- Toggle instantly between Kanban, Gantt & List views of tasks
- Flexible billing methods
- Manage team time utilization confidently
- Turn your estimates into invoices and project tasks
- Download PDF copies of invoices to simplify tax season
LiquidPlanner is all about helping prioritize tasks. One of the best Podio alternatives, LiquidPlanner helps organize project information to help users make clear-cut decisions on the basis of actual data. It has mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
What problems will LiquidPlanner solve?
- Write the tasks, projects, or anything else on individual lines
- See quickly how much work each team member has
- Quantify workload over a specific timeframe
- Assign work and load balance in real-time
Insightly is a customer relationship management (CRM) app and lead management market that’s aimed specifically at small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs). It shows who has the strongest relationship to any customer and discover hidden connections through relationship maps. Insightly has a whole pack of features aimed at task management.
What problems will Insightly solve?
- Organize contacts–customers, partners, vendors and suppliers
- Mass email contacts with MailChimp integration
- Detect automatically email address, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles
- Manage opportunities in Kanban view
Redmine is the tool for businesses to provide a simple and easy to use tracking and project management software system. It is an open sourced, cross-platform, cross-database system. Redmine is also a good platform for budgeting, collaboration, customization, learning and support, and resource management.
What problems will Redmine solve?
- Programmers can easily modify the system
- Integration with Gantt charts and reports
- Supports multiple databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite
- Easy collaboration through messaging platforms
Looking for Redmine alternatives to manage your projects? Check out 12 Best Redmine Alternative for Productive Teams.
Wrike is a work management software for high-performance teams and is suitable for both enterprise and SMB. It’s an all-in-one project management and collaboration software. Wrike functions flawlessly with Jira, Dropbox, MS Project, Zapier, Salesforce, and many other apps.
What problems will Wrike solve?
- One hub for all of your work
- Track and monitor progress from your mobile phones anytime, anywhere
- Create reports with powerful Wrike analytics
- The dependencies and duration for the task
- Time tracking at the click of a button
Further reading:10 Best Wrike Alternatives to Try for Successful Work Management
One easy to deliver your projects profitably with Mavenlink when you’re looking for a Podio alternative. Mavenlink stores, organize and shares all files at one place. It lets teams manage all project in reasonable time and plan tasks more effectively.
What problems will Mavenlink solve?
- Teams can collaborate within the single workspace
- Easily post, share, or receive project updates in real time
- Messaging and conversations
- Quickbooks integration
- Real-time visibility into both projects and the resource pool
Switch to a reliable project management software to deliver projects successfully.
A place where teams can collaborate. Slack is a messaging application that brings all your communication together. Mainly, because of its unique features, it is one good Podio alternative. Slack also unique features such as webhooks and an open API, support for both Google and Apple emoji styles, and sync with the desktop, iPhone/iPad and Android devices.
What problems will Slack solve?
- Conversations in Slack are searchable by everyone
- Allows users to customize their notifications and reduce their scope
- Bring all the right people into the same room
- Get feedback on your work
- Create an archive of your progress
Which Podio alternative is right for you? Choose a project management software that will actually benefit your time and streamline your project. Hopefully, the above list helps you to find the right one. Pick a tool that will make your life easier, not harder.