Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and consistent effort. These are the words of Paul J Meyer – a renowned personal and professional development expert.
I would like to add another element that is helping individuals to be more productive is – productivity apps. As the times have become a little too much competitive, it makes sense to take help from a myriad of productivity tools available in the market.
Table of Contents
- Here’s our list of 40 best productivity tools that you can start using right now.
- Project management
- Scheduling & Calendar
- Communication & collaboration
- Time tracking
- Email management
- Distractions and focus
- Email marketing
Here’s our list of 40 best productivity tools that you can start using right now.
It is quite common to feel overwhelmed and disorganized when working on projects or managing projects. ProofHub is an all-in-one project management and task management software to keep things organized, increase accountability, communicate more efficiently, and keep everyone on the same page. It is one place for all your projects, teams, and work-related information.
- Assign tasks to specific people
- Upload files and documents to organize the workflow
- Better control over time collaboration
- Check over time spent on every step
Being on the same page is one of the most crucial issues for any project. Once lost, you and your team will waste time trying to realize how the things are going what significantly decreases productivity.
With GanttPRO online Gantt chart software, you can be sure all of your team members keep track of tasks. A visually appealing Gantt chart timeline provides project participants with an immediate picture of how the plan is progressing. Thanks to collaboration opportunities, no detail will be lost.
- Task management and assignment
- Team collaboration with comments, files, and notifications
- Time log for personal tasks, personal calendars
- Deadline management
- Export and Sharing via Public URL
- Resource workload
Scheduling & Calendar
While using a digital calendar or other time management tool to become more organized and better with your time, you may feel like you are actually spending too much time entering and revising information across your tools. Calendar has created an AI-enabled solution that learns your schedule and takes over organizing, booking, and updating meetings and events on your calendar. It also syncs across multiple calendar tools and devices, saving you time and letting you focus on high priority tasks.
- Share calendars and designate who sees what on your calendar
- Analytics for your Calendar so you can see where you’re opening your time each day.
- Automatically invite and schedule meeting attendees
- Leverage analytics tools to assess calendar data and reveal how you spend your time with people and in meetings
- Integrates multiple digital calendars like Google Calendar, Outlook, and iCal as well as other email, project management, and collaboration tools.
Communication & collaboration
Make your project management much easier. Switch to ProofHub
It is the perfect team collaboration software that unifies your entire team communications. It integrates with the apps you use every day such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box to name a few.
- Chat and team communication
- Set up reminders
- Highlight words to be notified as they appear in a conversation
Fleep acts a flexible messenger that integrates with email and lets you share and store files easily. Give it a try, if you are tired of those endless email conversations.
- Truly flexible communication
- Everything is in one place and easy to keep track of
- Contact anyone, anywhere, and on any device
Chanty is a simple and fast team chat app to boost communication in teams of all business segments. With Chanty, you can easily get in touch with your colleagues in private, public, group and one-on-one conversations. The Teambook menu allows you to keep all your messages, files, links and tasks in order. You can also achieve a new level of productivity with third-party Apps in Chanty. Integrations turn a team chat into a command center, giving you control over the information from the apps you use. In addition, using Chanty voice messaging and calls you can instantly communicate with your team and deliver important information ASAP.
- Free unlimited message history
- Built-in task management
- Audio/video calls and voice messaging
- File sharing
Shift is the desktop app for streamlining your accounts, apps, and workflows. Tired of switching between accounts, and logging in and out? Shift is a logical & beautiful solution for managing everything better. Toggle between multiple Gmail, Outlook & Office 365 accounts without the hassle. Connect all of your email accounts + your favorite web apps and tools to Shift. Then, customize your workstation so it’s just right.
- Cross-platform support (MacOS, Windows, Linux)
- Manage all of your apps and accounts in one place
- Custom desktop notifications
- Unified search across all your Google accounts to find exactly what you need
- Focused browsing web tabs
One of the biggest productivity killers in the workplace is coincidentally the various productivity tools we end up using in the first place. Messaging someone on Slack, finding content stored in Dropbox, Emailing clients, Collaborating on Google Docs, etc. drains our productivity as we keep shuffling between apps and don’t seem to make any progress with the actual work.
This is why we all need Bit.ai, a document management and collaboration tool that helps teams to collaborate, share, track and manage all company documents, files, and other content in one place. No more juggling around apps and tools! Bit is the ultimate productivity tool as it brings all your company documentation, media files, and knowledge under one smart roof.
- Real-time collaboration on work without the to-and-fro email and chat messages
- Documents can go from personal notes to team research, to coordinated documents and client-facing material that can be shared and tracked to get intelligent engagement insights.
- Store all media files- videos, images, PDFs, logos, etc in one central location for easy access.
9) Google Docs
With Google docs, you can create write, access, edit, and collaborate wherever you go – from your phone, tablet, or computer – even when there’s no connection. It is a widely used document storage and work management software that allows individuals to collaborate.
- Smart editing and styling tools
- Choose from a variety of resume, reports, and pre-made documents
- Create a document through browser or mobile app
One of the most popular software in the world, Skype has made communication over video calling collaborative than ever. The Skype you know has recently had a fresh design and a ton of new features to help you stay connected.
- Take your conversation to a new level with rich video features
- Share messages, photos, emoticons in real time
- Call mobile and landline numbers at affordable rates
Zoom provides remote conferencing services using cloud computing. It is a real powerhouse tool that can accommodate up to 500 participants to collaborate seamlessly.
- HD video and high-quality audio
- Screen sharing and full suite of collaboration features
- Easy to start and join
GoToMeeting allows turning online meeting into a conference call. It is an online video conferencing tool for users to schedule meetings and share screens. No matter where you are, your personal meeting is now just a few clicks away.
- Simple answer calls – no codes or PINs needed
- Dynamic video conferencing
- Screen sharing without the hassle
- 6 HD video feeds per session
- Highlighting tools to mark up what’s on the screen
It is an ultimate time-saver app and is insanely simple to use. Toggl’s time tracker is built for speed and drives a stake in the heart of timesheets. This time tracking software can integrate tens of other tools to increase its functionality.
- Instant overview of your billable time and team progress
- Offline time tracking and mobile functionalities
- Reports directly delivered to managers
Known as one of the best time-tracking software, Harvest lets your business ticking. Whether it’s from the web, your smartphone, or another application, time tracking was never so easy.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Get the insights of the project with powerful reporting
- Create and send invoices online
If you are looking for an app that takes away the pain of planning, scheduling, task management, time tracking and invoicing, then Paymo is your answer. Bringing all the important elements under one roof, it makes easier to get an overview of your team’s performance.
- Accurate tracking of the time spent on tasks and projects
- Detailed project reports
- Categorize all time entries and automate
With a comprehensive range of features, Everhourㅡ an intuitive time tracking software is for teams to reach goals faster. It keeps you precise with your project estimates ensuring you are with your tasks all the time.
- Manual time entry
- Seamless integration
- History of entries
- Multiple time formats
Hubstaff is a time-tracking software trusted by more than 8,000 remote teams. Its time tracker runs as a software on your desktop or as a mobile app making it easy to track time. Once the time is tracked, you can invoice clients, pay employees, see in-depth reporting, and much more.
- Randomized screenshots enable you to keep a track who is working on what
- Tracks the number of mouse movements and keyboard strokes by employees
- 30 plus integrations
18) Time Doctor
When you want to know where is your team spending their time while working even when they are hundreds of miles away from you, Time Doctor can help. Time Doctor is a complete time tracking and productivity tool designed specifically for remote teams.
- Screenshots recording
- Web and app usage monitoring
- Alerts to avoid distractions
Evernote acts like your second brain that enables you to remember everything. It’s a reliable note-making app to stay organized and get more done. With Evernote, you can capture, organize, and share notes from anywhere so that your best ideas are always with you and in sync.
- Collect everything at one place and make it more accessible
- Add attachments, links, and audio recordings
- Scan and search information from business cards
20) Microsoft OneNote
It is a digital note-taking app that works on any device or platform be it laptops or smartphones. It has got you covered to type, write, or draw with the free-form feel of pen to paper. It comes handy while taking impromptu notes. You just have to pick a notebook, a section and create a new page and you’re good to go!
- Real-time collaboration
- audio/video recording
- Optical character recognition from images
It offers the simplest way to keep notes – light, clean, and free. It eliminates the need for wasting time while locating files, just type what you are looking for and your list updates instantly. The best part – your notes are backed up. Just drag the version slider to go back in time.
- Your notes stay updated on all your devices
- Find notes quickly with instant searching and tags
- Backup, syncing, and sharing – it’s all free
22) Box notes
Whether it’s brainstorming with coworkers or the meeting notes you share with others, it all about real-time collaboration. And, Box Notes is an online note-taking app that makes it easier for team members to work together. Just create notes and never worry about the security.
- Easy to create meeting notes, share ideas, and track status updates
- Live editing enables real-time collaboration
- Every note you create or share is secured by enterprise-growth security
23) Dropbox paper
It’s an online word processor where teams can bring ideas to life in a single place. Taking a little casual approach to work, Paper lets people be themselves with stickers and emojis to make the conversation more connected and alive. It provides an interface that is ultralight.
- Anyone can see and update Dropbox files in a Paper doc
- Changes are automatically saved
- Seamless presentations
24) Google keep
Google Keep is a full-featured notes app known for its simplicity to jot down reminders, capture ideas, create checklists, take meeting notes, make to-dos and much more. You get digital sticky-notes and as a part of G-suite you can integrate your notes with Google Docs. It works well on Android phone, iPhone, Google Chrome, Firefox or even Smartwatch.
- Two kinds of reminders ― time and location
- Audio notes by using Google’s speech-to-text engine
- Sync with Chrome and Web app
- Color code your notes
- Location reminder when you are in a certain area
25) Right Inbox
If you need an app that cleans up your inbox then Sanebox is the app for you. It automatically sorts your emails and declutters your mailbox. It sorts your emails into different folders depending upon each email’s importance so that you can focus on what matters.
- Prioritizes your email with smart filtering
- Saves your attachments into the cloud
- Snooze email until a time set by you
The best thing about Unroll.me is that it is as simple as it can get. It cleans up your inbox by categorizing your subscriptions in the form of a virtual roll-up. You can access it whenever you have some free time.
- The roll-up allows you to read emails at the time chosen by you.
- Makes your mailbox clutter-free
- Secure and easy to access
Boomerang is a dedicated email management application for Gmail that schedules and set email reminders. The coolest thing about it is that it allows you to ‘boomerang’ a message back to your inbox to remind you about it at the set time.
- Get the ultimate control when to send and receive email message
- Remove interruptions so you can finish important tasks
- Block off times for deep focus work
Inbox by Gmail is the inbox that works for you. It saves a lot of time by preventing any need for you to dig through emails by showing you the highlights directly.
- Add reminders to the top of your inbox
- Snooze emails and reminders
- Use bundles to group messages and get clutter out of your way
It was designed from the ground up to provide you a consistent experience whether you have single or multiple accounts. It is a lightning fast mail client for Mac and iPhone.
- Modern and easy-to-use interface
- Get to your emails without any interruption
- Powerful and customizable email app
Distractions and focus
It is a popular app reduces digital distractions across all of your devices. Currently, freedom is being used by 500,000 people to improve focus and productivity.
- Block whatever and whenever to be more productive
- Sync blocks across Mac, Windows, iPhone, or iPad
- Plan out sessions that recur daily or weekly
It is a free and open-source app for macOS with which you can block your own access to distracting websites, mail servers, or anything else on the web. Just set a period of time to block the website and click ‘Start’. You won’t be able to access it – even if you switch off or delete the app.
- Limits your social media addiction
- Enables focus
- Better work-life balance
33) Focus booster
Based on Pomodoro technique, Focus booster empowers you to maintain focus and keep distractions at bay. Sessions are automatically recorded in your timesheets so that you don’t have to recall where your time was spent.
- Instant focus
- Encourages better work habits
- You can use it on any computer, on the web, or on your mobile
It’s a great tool that allows you to put your phone down and focus on what’s important. Here, the idea is to build a forest of trees where every tree symbolizes your task. Whenever you want to focus, plant a tree and it will be killed if you leave the app
- Stay focused in any scenario
- It partners with a real-tree planting organization
Brain.fm is a popular productivity app that uses music as brain stimulation. It unlocks music potential to influence cognitive states. The team proactively works with leading auditory neuroscientists to validate their findings.
- Beneficial to boost focus, meditate, and sleep
- Designed for noticeable results in less than 15 minutes
- Better work-life balance
It’s essential to be at your optimum health levels to do your best work. MyFitnessPal is a popular and easy-to-use calorie counter app. Along with this, you get a free access to the world’s largest nutrition and calorie database.
- Helps you to lose weight the healthy way
- Promotes better eating habits
- The web and mobile apps sync automatically
37) StrongLifts 5×5
It is known as one of the most popular strength and muscle building program due to its simplicity and effectiveness. Thousands of users have used it to change their bodies and go brawny from skinny. It focuses on five exercises – Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, Overhead Press, and Barbell Row that works on your entire body.
- On StrongLifts 5×5, you workout three times a week
- Progressive increase in weight triggers your body to build muscle
- Most effective for beginners new to lifting weights
38) Yoga Studio
This one lets take your studio wherever you go. It includes 65 ready-made classes. Choose your level (beginner, intermediate or advanced), duration (15, 30 or 60 minutes) and focus (strength, flexibility, relaxation, balance or combination) to find the perfect class for you.
- Yoga classes by Rodney Yee – a renowned yoga instructor with 30+ years of experience
- 25 hours of ready-made HD video classes
- Perfect for beginners, awesome for experts
39) Map My Fitness
It’s a fitness tracking app that enables you to own every workout backed by world’s digital health and fitness community. You can create challenges for yourself and your friends, or even join a community challenge.
- Track your fitness with any device
- Adaptive training plans
- Create challenges and train smarter
Make your project management much easier. Switch to ProofHub
40) HubSpot Sales
HubSpot is a marketing automation tool for small and large business that will help you sell more in less time. The tool helps to convert your promising leads to successful deals. You can create your own customized email templates and use it to measure performance. It integrates with both Gmail and Outlook.
- Lead management
- Marketing automation
- Launch landing pages
Litmus is a highly versatile tool that makes your email management easier, faster, and better. It is the easiest way for teams to create a great email for every subscriber that could be opened across many different apps and devices conveniently.
- Build, edit, and instantly preview your emails
- Get full visibility into every aspect of your email program
- Test critical elements that could impact email performance
- Work more efficiently and get more done