Teams don’t work well without teamwork. Teamwork is inevitable. You must have heard that “It’s not the team with the best players that win, it’s the players with the best team…” That’s the truth!
But the question is how do you motivate your team to greatness? This article has famous teamwork quotes for teams to enjoy a collective experience of accomplishing goals together.
When teamwork happens the way it’s supposed to, things change. Everyone on the team equally participates, people work faster, and innovations start happening. Every member of the team is goal-oriented, they come up with great ideas and avoid mistakes. And let’s not forget that teamwork draws new friends.
Your teamwork at its best. Try ProofHub for team collaboration.
To inspire your team to bond together, I’ve collected some of the favorite quotes about teamwork. The article is divided into a set of categories that are an important part of teamwork: Collaboration, Determination, Success, Communication, Commitment. Check out the full list of inspirational quotes below to keep your collaborative juices flowing.
Table of Contents
- Quotes About Collaboration
- Quotes About Determination
- Quotes About Success
- Quotes About Communication
- Quotes About Commitment
- 5 Tips To Improve Teamwork in the Workplace
Quotes About Collaboration
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from my own”- Henry Ford
- “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of its parts. That’s how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
1. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie (Click to Tweet!)
This quote outlines the true meaning of teamwork. Andrew Carnegie was among the most famous and wealthy industrialists of his day. He built his empire on teamwork, leading the team towards specific goals.
2. “If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from my own”- Henry Ford (Click to Tweet!)
Henry Ford knew the secret to teamwork. Great teamwork starts with our people having the right communication. He wanted to build teams to achieve his vision for the assembly line technique. And listening and communication skills will allow the team to connect to others and understand the challenges their fellow team members are facing.
3. “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of its parts. That’s how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs (Click to Tweet!)
Steve Jobs built teams like he built Apple. He focused on building teams by ways that their strengths and shortfalls balanced each other perfectly.
Quotes About Determination
- “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall
- “Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
4. “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall (Click to Tweet!)
Jim Stovall’s advice isn’t only for leaders in teams, it’s also for individual team members. The takeaway here is that it shouldn’t be up to a team leader alone to offer positive reinforcement to team members when they hit their goals. It’s important that everybody heap praise on teammates who’ve made significant accomplishments. That kind of business culture will create a powerful team.
5. “Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller (Click to Tweet!)
This is Helen Keller’s famous teamwork quotes for some of the “loners” on your team. It means we can achieve things beyond our thoughts when working together as a team.
Quotes About Success
- “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” — Brian Tracy
- “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” — Mark Sanborn
- “If everyone in the team is making decisions and taking actions together, then you have the right culture for innovation.” — Sandeep Kashyap
6. “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” — Brian Tracy (Click to Tweet!)
Success is almost literally impossible without teamwork. It’s one of the motivating working together quotes to share with your employees for success because it strengthens the notion that goals are only achievable if the team works together.
7. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” — Mark Sanborn (Click to Tweet!)
For maximum team effectiveness, there should be open channels of communication. When a team member cannot speak up their concerns or suggestions, it is a sign that there is something wrong. Mark Sanborn says to make sure everybody on your team knows their voice is always welcome.
8. “If everyone in the team is making decisions and taking actions together, then you have the right culture for innovation.” — Sandeep Kashyap (Click to Tweet!)
It’s all about empowering teams to make some effort to take risks. Because innovation is a big part of success, teamwork is the foundation of it.
Quotes About Communication
- “The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.” — Peter F. Drucker
- “Any problem, big or small, within a family, always seems to start with bad communication. Someone isn’t listening.” — Emma Thompson
9. “The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.” – Peter F. Drucker (Click to Tweet!)
Peter F. Drucker has made communication a big part of team quotes. Nonverbal communication (facial expressions, hand gestures, personal space, and eye contact) is a powerful form of communication. While the verbal impact of communication only accounts for 7% of your overall message.
Communication is a key to teamwork and ProofHub is the solution. Sign up on ProofHub now!
10. “Any problem, big or small, within a family, always seems to start with bad communication. Someone isn’t listening.” – Emma Thompson (Click to Tweet!)
Your business is like your family and any closer the teams work, the higher the chance of success. They need to get along by having fluid conversations and generate an outcome.
Quotes About Commitment
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” — Ken Blanchard
- “If you can laugh together, you can work together” — Robert Orben
11. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” — Ken Blanchard (Click to Tweet!)
When you are committed to working in a team, you’re only focused on bringing results. No individual team member can have the experience of the team as a whole. Teamwork and collaboration skills are important to hear one another’s opinions and respect others.
12. “If you can laugh together, you can work together” — Robert Orben (Click to Tweet!)
Make sure your team is involved in having a fun time together. They will be more committed to work together when they socialize well together. Whether it is in-house office events, sports events or happy hour, let them collaborate.
Now that you know the best teamwork motivational quote, how do you develop a team? Quotes about teamwork to inspire your teammates is a great way to galvanize the troops, but you’ll still need to learn ways to build teamwork. According to a study done by Ernst & Young, a work culture that doesn’t inspire teamwork is one of the top reasons people quit their jobs.
5 Tips To Improve Teamwork in the Workplace
Here are some actionable tips to foster effective teamwork and collaboration. A combination of the following tips and famous teamwork quotes can give you a boost to create a dream work environment.
Use an Efficient Project Management Software
If you don’t have the required tools to communicate and share information, it can affect productivity and collaboration. A good project management tool can give your organization the structure it needs for planning, collaboration, and delivering projects in one place.
ProofHub – a project management and project planning software that helps teams have everything they need for effective teamwork. No matter where you work, you’ll get to access it’s many features for productivity. ProofHub has a lot of things that you’ll want in a productivity tool:
- Discussions to discuss important project-related topics. You can assign multiple people to discussions and talk about what the teams should know.
- Task management to prioritize tasks with clear deadlines.
- Kanban boards to work together and divide tasks into workflow stages to decide who will be working what part.
- Gantt charts to plan and visualize task dependencies smartly.
- ProofHub Calendar to stay on top of your schedule, add events, tasks, and milestones all at one place.
- Keep files and documents organized for the team to access anytime.
- Proofing to give feedback using markup tools and to avoid long email threads.
- Timesheets to keep track of the time spent on tasks manually and using the timer.
- Custom reports to visualize overall project progress of the team.
With ProofHub, you can motivate the team to thrive together because magic happens when teams are working together. Impressed already? Why not sign up today and see how it works?
Why not sign up for ProofHub and see the results. Sign up here.
Appreciate Your Team Members’ Efforts
We all feel the need to be fully appreciated at work. William James, the father of psychology, stated that the most fundamental psychological need is to be appreciated. Your people will do more for you when you appreciate them.
This is an amazing way to improve teamwork because it will motivate them to work together. Do not miss the opportunities to appreciate anyone in the team for their efforts or good work. Be specific, be sincere when giving appreciation. They will be happy to be a part of the team when they know they have a role that will drive the team towards success.
Long-Term Job Goal For Success
How can a leader motivate staff? Having goals is important for productivity, but you need to establish clear-cut job goals. Research shows that setting specific and challenging goals leads to higher performance. Without this, it’s not possible for employees to be on the same page.
When you start working on a project with the team, make sure you communicate the vision so they move in a position to adjust their personal goals to what is expected. The goals created should work under variable difficulties. And as the milestones are reached, the team members will be more committed to one another. This will make sure that everyone is working alongside each other.
Promote Good Communication
As we have seen communication is a part of teamwork motivational quotes, promoting good communication should never go out of hand. You know poor communication will lead to low productivity. Unfortunately, the majority of teams lack good communication.
ProofHub is a great Slack alternative for communication. Give it a try.
Employees should be allowed to openly communicate with each other with no communication gap between employees and managers as well. It makes everyone feel important about teamwork in the workplace. These days teams are turning to cloud-based project management software to have transparency in teams, collaborate with others working on the project, and have access to specifics of the project. That’s one great way to have a streamlined communication and to make sure nothing slips through cracks.
- You’re Doing it Wrong: Collaboration Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Here’s How Effective Communication is in the Hands of 73% of Professionals
- 10+ Amazing Tools For Business Communication In 2019
Two-way Feedback for Your Team
What can I say to encourage my team? I give and take detailed feedback that increases communication and blooms the relationship. It has been found in research that one of the best ways to help employees thrive is to give them feedback. Not only giving feedback but to give employees the confidence to voice their opinions.
In a straightforward way deliver a powerful feedback. Create a work environment that encourages employees to express themselves so they find it easy to work in a team.
Do you know teamwork can be a deciding factor for your business success? If you want a dream team that encourages collaboration, teamwork is the secret. By making use of the above tips you can bring your team together and make your workplace a good place to be. Because the stronger the team relationship, the stronger the team. With this in mind, use these teamwork quotes to inspire your team to excellence.