You must have heard that “It’s not the team with the best players that wins, it’s the players with the best team….” Well, that’s the truth! (There goes one of the many teamwork quotes I wanted to add to this write-up.)
But the question is, how do you motivate your team to greatness? This article has famous teamwork quotes for teams to enjoy a collective experience of accomplishing goals together.
When teamwork happens the way it’s supposed to, things change.
Everyone on the team equally participates, people work faster, and innovations start happening. Every member of the team is goal-oriented, they come up with great ideas and avoid mistakes. And let’s not forget that teamwork draws new friends.
Your teamwork at its best. Try ProofHub for team collaboration.
To inspire your team to bond together, I’ve collected some of my favorite quotes on teamwork. The article is divided into a set of categories that are an important part of teamwork: Collaboration, Determination, Success, Communication, Motivation, Commitment. Check out the full list of inspirational quotes below to keep your collaborative juices flowing.
Table of Contents
- Teamwork Quotes On Collaboration
- Quotes About Determination
- Teamwork Quotes About Success
- Quotes About Communication
- Teamwork Quotes About Togetherness
- Quotes About Team Building
- 5 Tips To Improve Teamwork in the Workplace
Teamwork Quotes On Collaboration
1. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
2. “If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from my own”- Henry Ford
3. “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of its parts. That’s how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
4. “Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.” – James Cash Penney
5. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
6. “It’s better to have a great team than a team of greats.” – Simon Sinek
7. “No problem is insurmountable, With a little courage, teamwork, and determination a can overcome anything.” – B Dodge
Quotes About Determination
8. “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall
9. “Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
10. “No problem is insurmountable, With a little courage, teamwork, and determination a can overcome anything.” – B Dodge
11. “Lead by example, insist on teamwork and instil motivation. Self-discipline is what gets you to work every day, and hard work builds character.” – Dave Mueller
Teamwork Quotes About Success
12. “Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.” — Brian Tracy
13. “If everyone in the team is making decisions and taking actions together, then you have the right culture for innovation.” — Sandeep Kashyap
14. “Teamwork makes the dream work.” – John C. Maxwell
15. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napoleon Hill
16. “In business, nothing great can be done by one person alone (typically) but, with a team, great things can happen.” – Steven Dunlop
17. “Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers.” – Pat Riley
Quotes About Communication
18. “The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.” — Peter F. Drucker
19. “Any problem, big or small, within a family always seems to start with bad communication. Someone isn’t listening.” — Emma Thompson
20. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden; it’s deadly.” — Mark Sanborn
21. “Teamwork means that you are willing to compromise when it is best for the team to advance to reach their goals.” – Byron Pulsifer
22. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”- Anthony Robbins
Communication is a key to teamwork and ProofHub is the solution. Sign up on ProofHub now!
Teamwork Quotes About Togetherness
23. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” — Ken Blanchard
24. “If you can laugh together, you can work together” — Robert Orben
25. “Teamwork is the best ever investment. If I make 3 and you make 5, together we will not make 8. We will make 15. Leaders build active teams.” – Israelmore Ayivor
26. “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty
27. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
28. “The ratio of we’s to I’s is the best indicator of the development of a team.” – Lewis B. Ergen
29. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”- Ryunosuke Satoro
30. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
31. “The whole is better than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka
32. “I can do things you cannot. You can do things I cannot. Together we can do great things.” Mother Teresa
33. “A lot of problems in the world would be solved if we talked to each other instead of about each other.” – Nickey Gumbel
34. “Teamwork is the result of groups that have worked together to effectively and efficiently achieve organizational tasks and vision and mission.” – Dr. Hiriyappa B
Quotes About Team Building
35. “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority.” – Christine Caine
36. “I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I sure can pick smart colleagues.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
37. “In the end, all business operations can be reduced to three words: people, product, and profits. Unless you’ve got a good team, you can’t do much with the other two.” – Lee Iaccoca
38. “Gettin’ good players is easy. Gettin’ ’em to play together is the hard part.” – Casey Stengel
39. “Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” – John Rockefeller
40.”Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.” – Lee Iaccoca
41. “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.” – Peter F. Drucker
5 Tips To Improve Teamwork in the Workplace
Here are some actionable tips for fostering effective teamwork and collaboration. A combination of the following tips and famous teamwork quotes can give you a boost to create a dream work environment.
Use an Efficient Project Management Software
If you don’t have the required tools to communicate and share information, it can affect productivity and collaboration. A good project management tool can give your organization the structure it needs for planning, collaboration, and delivering projects in one place.
ProofHub – a project management and project planning software platform that helps teams have everything they need for effective teamwork. No matter where you work, you’ll get to access its many features for productivity. ProofHub has a lot of things that you’ll want in a productivity tool:
- Discussions that help teams record discussions pertaining to important project-related topics. You can assign multiple people to discussions and talk about what the teams should know.
- Task management to prioritize tasks with clear deadlines.
- Kanban boards to work together and divide tasks into workflow stages to decide who will be working on what part.
- Gantt charts to plan and visualize task dependencies smartly.
- ProofHub Calendar to stay on top of your schedule, add events, tasks, and milestones all in one place.
- Discussions to keep track of important ideas and talking points.
- Proofing to give feedback using markup tools and to avoid long email threads.
- Timesheets to keep track of the time spent on tasks manually and using the timer.
- Custom reports for visualizing the overall project progress of the team.
- Notes to help you keep a record of passwords, minutes of meetings, or to maintain a company wiki as a whole.
Why not sign up for ProofHub and see the results. Sign up here.
Appreciate Team Efforts
We all feel the need to be fully appreciated at work. William James, the father of psychology, stated that the most fundamental psychological need is to be appreciated. Your people will do more for you when you appreciate them.
This is an amazing way to improve teamwork because it will motivate them to work together. Do not miss the opportunities to appreciate anyone in the team for their efforts or good work. Be specific, be sincere when giving appreciation. They will be happy to be a part of the team when they know they have a role that will drive the team towards success.
Set Long-term Team Quotes
How can a leader motivate staff? Having goals is important for productivity, but you need to establish clear-cut job goals. Research shows that setting specific and challenging goals leads to higher performance. Without this, it’s not possible for employees to be on the same page.
When you start working on a project with the team, make sure you communicate the vision, so they move in a position to adjust their personal goals to what is expected. The goals created should work under variable difficulties. And as the milestones are reached, the team members will be more committed to one another. This will make sure that everyone is working alongside each other.
Promote Good Communication
A team is built on the foundation of trust and familiarity. These are the two things that are only ever found in a group of people who communicate effectively.
Employees should be allowed to openly communicate with each other with no communication gap between employees and managers as well. It makes everyone feel important about teamwork at the workplace. These days teams are turning to cloud-based project management software to have transparency in teams, collaborate with others working on the project, and have access to specifics of the project. That’s one great way to have streamlined communication and to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
ProofHub is a great Slack alternative for communication. Give it a try.
Two-way Feedback for Your Team
What can I say to encourage my team? I give and take detailed feedback that increases communication and blooms the relationship. It has been found in various researches that one of the best ways to help employees thrive is to give them feedback. Not only does giving feedback help to enable improvement, but it also helps give employees gain the confidence to voice their opinions.
Giving feedback helps propagate transparency, which, in turn, helps in creating a work environment that encourages employees to express themselves, so they find it easy to work in the team dynamic.
- You’re Doing it Wrong: Collaboration Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Here’s How Effective Communication is in the Hands of 73% of Professionals
- 10+ Amazing Team Communication Tools For Businesses
Do you know teamwork can be a deciding factor for your business success? Your people are the limbs your organization stands on, therefore, focus on building a better foundation by instilling the values of teamwork and collaboration in your team.
By using the above tips, you can bring your team together and make your workplace a good place because the stronger the team relationship, the stronger the team. With this in mind, use these teamwork quotes to inspire your team to excel using collaboration and team spirit as your support system.