Confluence by Atlassian has been a favorite collaboration tool of project management professionals for over a decade. It’s an enterprise-level software system that facilitates teams to keep their work centralized, organized and accessible. But over the years, the need for project managers and teams have significantly changed. Today, organizations are looking for a project collaboration software system that goes beyond conventional features and functionalities.
In this post, we’ve put together a list of tools (free and paid) that would serve as great Confluence alternatives. So, if you’re using Confluence and planning to make a switch, here are top 17 alternative tools and competitor software solutions that you can consider injecting into your workflow.
Table of Contents
17 Best Confluence Alternatives In 2020
A simple online project management software for freelancers, remote teams, and large enterprises – that’s exactly what ProofHub is. With ProofHub, you can manage projects – large and small – while effectively collaborating with the associated team members and clients. The software helps teams in managing projects and project updates in one single place. It serves as a fully-featured business productivity software with team and task management features that every growing business may need.
What’s unique about ProofHub?
- ProofHub gives a creative spin to projects with its sleek, easy-to-use user interface.
- It gives you the ability to incorporate your branding into the project management process using white labeling.
- ProofHub’s task management and Gantt chart features make it really easy for teams to plan projects, create tasks, allocate resources, share files, and do everything else that needs to be done during the project management life cycle.
- ProofHub goes beyond ordinary workplace communication; it saves teams a lot of time during the review and feedback sharing process through its online proofing software.
- Taking team communication to a new level, ProofHub calendar allows teams to keep their task, activities, and events in sync, all the time.
Need a collaboration space that’s intuitive and flexible enough to meet your team’s daily productivity needs? Switch to ProofHub!
Bit.ai is a new-age document collaboration tool that helps teams collaborate, share, track and manage all company knowledge in one place. Various types and formats of digital content across 70+ apps and 100+ file types can be woven throughout your documents.
A great Confluence alternative, Bit is also the perfect documentation tool to host your wiki. You will be able to easily share and edit information about how-to guides, company policies procedures, methodology, code, checklists, process, training documents, process documentation, and various other workplace documents.
With the ability to tag co-workers, collaborate on a doc in real-time, and chat functionality makes it very easy for teams to stay on the same page and avoid confusion and chaos.
What’s unique about Bit.ai?
- Real-time collaboration with team members with chat feature
- Document tracking
- Workspaces to keep everything organized and safe
- Content and knowledge management capabilities
- 70+ Integrations
Slack is all about teamwork and effective understanding of the workplace. It is designed to help teams collaborate while working together without the need of opening or drafting emails. Currently, millions of individuals and teams are relying on this workplace collaboration tool in order to stay connected and drive their projects to success.
What’s unique about Slack?
- Slack builds a platform for better workplace conversations, decisions and knowledge sharing.
- Slack keeps team coordinated and work faster with open API.
- Slack app allows you to keep your work synced to your desktop, and portable on a smartphone or tablet.
- Slack integrated with tools like Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Twitter, Asana, Trello, and more.
The only substitute for Slack is Slack alternatives. Well, you need it, if Slack is not your cup of tea!
Flock is collaboration and communication software specifically designed for modern teams. It helps them to drive success and boost productivity within the workplace. The software provides a beautiful interface that makes it even easier for teams to make decisions together and keep moving forward in the process.
What’s unique about Flock?
- Flock allows you to add to-dos right to your account. These to-do lists can be both personal and collaborative.
- You can migrate to Flock from other collaboration apps without losing your history.
Fleep is a simple messenger app designed to help businesses with ultimate project collaboration. It keeps you away from countless email threads and makes communication easy during the project management process. If you’re looking for dynamic collaboration, you must give Fleep a quick try.
What is unique about Fleep?
- Fleep allows you to pin important messages to the side of each conversation.
- Fleep offers integration with Google Hangouts.
- Fleep gives you the ability to set yourself a reminder using the IFTTT integration.
Chanty is a powerful business messenger app that enables teams to stay up-to-date with what’s important in the project. The artificial intelligence allows Chanty to let teams communicate via high-quality audio and video calls. It provides a range of powerful features that boost team productivity.
What is unique about Chanty?
- Chanty offers super-fast desktop and mobile apps with an intuitive interface.
- The audio and video calls via chanty will be available in the public beta.
Toggl is certainly one of the most useful business management tools available in the market today, especially in terms of task management. With Toggl, you are given the power to take control of your projects, tasks, time, and most importantly, your productivity. Furthermore, it integrates well with tons of project management tools that make your life easy.
What’s unique about Toggl?
- Toggl allows teams to log time anywhere on the web.
- Toggl provides teams with an instant view of their progress and billing hours.
- Toggl automatically notifies team members when they forget to log hours.
- Toggl offers offline time tracking & mobile functionalities.
Clockodo is an online time tracking tool that evaluates the team’s schedule and overall working hours. Small and medium enterprises can use this software to issue invoices and generate timesheets online, faster and more accurately.
What’s unique about Clockodo?
- Clockodo helps project managers to oversee their resources across projects through scheduling and time tracking.
- Clockodo automatically generated time sheets and helps teams to provide faster, accurate invoices.
- Clockodo uses SSL encryption in all communication.
Timely is actually a combination of project scheduling and time tracking. It’s an automation time tracking tool designed to help teams lay out their scheduled activity next to their actual activity. The software helps to ensure that you spend time towards the right goal with maximum efficiency.
What’s unique about Timely?
- Timely help to set budgets for projects.
- Timely aims to evaluate and ensure how team members spend their time, with the goal of maximizing productivity.
Skype is definitely one of the best-known collaboration tools that help teams to stay in touch with voice and video calls, text messages, and screen sharing, as compared to other team communication tools available in the market, Skype is a fairly inexpensive way to get people to work together collaboratively.
What’s unique about Skype?
- Skype allows you to add up to 25 people on one call.
- Skype offers notifications based on mentions.
- Skype voicemail allows you to record a personal greeting in your own voice.
Zoom is a popular enterprise-level video communication tool. It is a reliable platform for audio and video conferencing. With Zoom, team members can attend a meeting without being there in the conference room. The tool is loaded with powerful features like voice detection, screen sharing, high definition audio/video quality, and much more.
What’s unique about Zoom?
- Zoom supports various platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems.
- Zoom allows over 100 participants to engage with an unlimited audience in live virtual events through interactive video.
ClickMeeting is a browser-based team collaboration tool with super dynamic features. The tool is designed to make collaboration more effective and seamless. With ClickMeeting, team members can connect anywhere, anytime. Overall, it’s a perfect tool to foster effective collaboration in any workplace.
What’s unique about ClickMeeting?
- ClickMeeting aims to engage people at work and create room for seamless interaction.
- ClickMeeting is a great tool for high-quality live seminars.
As a team who is working towards achieving the same goal, you need to stay connected all the time irrespective of the actual geographical location of any team member. The tool offers a modern interface and has loads of features to allow you to host or join a meeting whenever, wherever you want.
What’s unique about Join.me?
- Join.me allows you to communicate through audio and video at the same time.
- Join.me allows you to customize your meeting link to whatever you want.
- Join.me syncs your meeting schedules with Outlook plugin and Google Calendar Plugin.
Hightail is a trendy collaboration tool that supports seamless collaboration through file sharing, project management, and time management. The tool lets you share files, collect feedback, and keep projects moving, no matter what. Plus, it syncs files from Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox which makes team collaboration easier.
What’s unique about Hightail?
- Hightail notifies team members whenever a file is shared with them.
- Hightail allows you to send and track delivery of files up to 100GB.
- Hightail helps to ensure that teams collect precise feedback in central place.
Box is basically a file sharing software solution that helps teams to create, edit, review, and share files from almost anywhere in real-time. The software seamlessly integrates with popular third-party apps like Slack, IB, G Suite, etc and is being trusted by over 50,000 businesses across the globe.
What’s unique about Box?
- Box facilitates secure file-upload, viewing, and sharing.
- Box uses advanced protection measures like customer-managed encryption, granular permissions, and mobile security.
- Box operates in compliance with data retention and regulatory policies.
Wimi is an online collaboration software that centralizes documents, calendars, discussions, projects, and tasks to keep all the business processes in sync. It is designed to boost productivity, empower teamwork, and keep control over each team member.
What’s unique about Wimi?
- Wimi centralizes your business processes.
- Wimi offers you your own personal space in the cloud and allows you to configure it with your colors and brand.
OneDrive is one place to work together and share information with anyone. It is a platform that keeps all the information organized and puts you in control of your projects and workflows.
What is unique about OneDrive?
- OneDrive organizes information and puts teams in control of processes like file versioning, content approval, workflows and more.
- OneDrive offers 1TB of storage space at a very affordable rate.
- OneDrive offers Android and iOS apps to ensure teams stay connected to work even when they are not in the office.
Let your teams experience effective decision making and easier collaboration while working on projects. Sign up for project management with ProofHub!
Final Thought …
At first, it might seem like a challenge to find a powerful project collaboration software service. But once you begin to explore the available options and match them with your organization’s expectations, it becomes easy to make an informed decision for your business and your team. Now, do the exact same thing with our list of best Atlassian Confluence alternatives in 2019. With decent research and some thorough analysis, you’ll certainly be able to find a solution that is going to contain all the variables and capabilities you need in your workplace.