Confluence by Atlassian has been a favorite collaboration tool of project management professionals for over a decade. It’s an enterprise-level software system that facilitates teams to keep their work centralized, organized and accessible. But over the years, the need for project managers and teams have significantly changed. Today, organizations are looking for a project collaboration software system that goes beyond conventional features and functionalities.
In this post, we’ve put together a list of tools (free and paid) that would serve as great Confluence alternatives. So, if you’re using Confluence and planning to make a switch, here are top 17 alternative tools and competitor software solutions that you can consider injecting into your workflow.
Table of Contents
17 Best Confluence Alternatives In 2020
An advanced online project management software that works equally well for large enterprises, remote teams, and freelancers – that’s exactly what ProofHub is. With ProofHub, you can manage projects – large and small – while effectively collaborating with your team members as well as clients.
The software brings all your teams and projects in one single place and simplifies project management to a great extent. It serves as a fully-featured business productivity software with innovative task management and team collaboration features that every business needs to boost its growth.
What’s unique about ProofHub?
- ProofHub gives a creative spin to projects with its sleek and easy-to-use interface.
- It gives you the ability to personalize your ProofHub account’s look and feel with the white-labeling feature. Choose a custom domain name, add your brand’s logo, and select a theme color that goes well with your business’s branding.
- Kanban boards and Gantt charts make it really easy for teams to plan projects, create tasks, allocate resources, share task files, and do everything else that needs to be done during the project management life cycle.
- ProofHub goes beyond the ordinary workplace collaboration; it saves teams a lot of time during the review and feedback sharing process with its online proofing feature. You can collaborate on files and review them to give feedback in real-time. Additionally, the markup tools are also put in place to make it easy to annotate files, especially designs, and highlight the specific regions that need to be modified or changed.
- To help you stay on top of your work, ProofHub comes integrated with a calendar that allows you and your team members to keep tasks, activities, and events in sync, all the time.
- Taking team communication to a whole new level is ProofHub’s in-built chat interface. It’s easy to connect with an individual team member over a one-on-one chat while group chat allows you to bring several members of your team together in a single space. Send files & documents directly through chats and use emojis to express yourself in a better way.
- Often you need to talk about some particular matters or share ideas regarding a project with your team. Sometimes, you may also need to bring clients to such conversations. ProofHub comes with a feature that allows you to create discussion topics and subscribe people to these discussions. You can add comments, share and proof files, and mention people using @ within a discussion topic. This way, you would be able to gather all the ideas and information at a single place and get input from people associated with a particular project.
- Keep all your work files organized and easily accessible with the cloud storage offered by ProofHub. You can upload files & documents from your computer or third-party storage services, including Google Drive and Dropbox. Additionally, you can arrange uploaded files as you like in various folders and even share them directly with others. The file versioning lets you keep multiple versions of a file and restore older versions if needed.
- Custom reporting in ProofHub allows you to create project and resource reports along with the flexibility to customize them. The project reports come handy when you need to see the overall project progress. You will be able to get detailed information about the completed, pending, and overdue tasks of a project. On the other hand, resource reports provide information about the workload and the overall work status of individuals on your team. You can always customize reports by picking parameters of your choice and select particular information that needs to be highlighted.
Need a collaboration space that’s intuitive and flexible enough to meet your team’s daily productivity needs? Switch to ProofHub!
Bit.ai is a new-age document collaboration tool that helps teams collaborate, share, track and manage all company knowledge in one place. Various types and formats of digital content across 70+ apps and 100+ file types can be woven throughout your documents.
A great Confluence alternative, Bit is also the perfect documentation tool to host your wiki. You will be able to easily share and edit information about how-to guides, company policies procedures, methodology, code, checklists, process, training documents, process documentation, and various other workplace documents.
With the ability to tag co-workers, collaborate on a doc in real-time, and chat functionality makes it very easy for teams to stay on the same page and avoid confusion and chaos.
What’s unique about Bit.ai?
- Real-time collaboration with team members with chat feature
- Document tracking
- Workspaces to keep everything organized and safe
- Content and knowledge management capabilities
- 70+ Integrations
Slack is all about teamwork and effective understanding of the workplace. It is designed to help teams collaborate while working together without the need of opening or drafting emails. Currently, millions of individuals and teams are relying on this workplace collaboration tool in order to stay connected and drive their projects to success.
What’s unique about Slack?
- Slack builds a platform for better workplace conversations, decisions and knowledge sharing.
- Slack keeps team coordinated and work faster with open API.
- Slack app allows you to keep your work synced to your desktop, and portable on a smartphone or tablet.
- Slack integrated with tools like Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Twitter, Asana, Trello, and more.
The only substitute for Slack is Slack alternatives. Well, you need it, if Slack is not your cup of tea!
Flock is collaboration and communication software specifically designed for modern teams. It helps them to drive success and boost productivity within the workplace. The software provides a beautiful interface that makes it even easier for teams to make decisions together and keep moving forward in the process.
What’s unique about Flock?
- Flock allows you to add to-dos right to your account. These to-do lists can be both personal and collaborative.
- You can migrate to Flock from other collaboration apps without losing your history.
Fleep is a simple messenger app designed to help businesses with ultimate project collaboration. It keeps you away from countless email threads and makes communication easy during the project management process. If you’re looking for dynamic collaboration, you must give Fleep a quick try.
What is unique about Fleep?
- Fleep allows you to pin important messages to the side of each conversation.
- Fleep offers integration with Google Hangouts.
- Fleep gives you the ability to set yourself a reminder using the IFTTT integration.
Chanty is a powerful business messenger app that enables teams to stay up-to-date with what’s important in the project. The artificial intelligence allows Chanty to let teams communicate via high-quality audio and video calls. It provides a range of powerful features that boost team productivity.
What is unique about Chanty?
- Chanty offers super-fast desktop and mobile apps with an intuitive interface.
- The audio and video calls via chanty will be available in the public beta.
Toggl is certainly one of the most useful business management tools available in the market today, especially in terms of task management. With Toggl, you are given the power to take control of your projects, tasks, time, and most importantly, your productivity. Furthermore, it integrates well with tons of project management tools that make your life easy.
What’s unique about Toggl?
- Toggl allows teams to log time anywhere on the web.
- Toggl provides teams with an instant view of their progress and billing hours.
- Toggl automatically notifies team members when they forget to log hours.
- Toggl offers offline time tracking & mobile functionalities.
Clockodo is an online time tracking tool that evaluates the team’s schedule and overall working hours. Small and medium enterprises can use this software to issue invoices and generate timesheets online, faster and more accurately.
What’s unique about Clockodo?
- Clockodo helps project managers to oversee their resources across projects through scheduling and time tracking.
- Clockodo automatically generated time sheets and helps teams to provide faster, accurate invoices.
- Clockodo uses SSL encryption in all communication.
Timely is actually a combination of project scheduling and time tracking. It’s an automation time tracking tool designed to help teams lay out their scheduled activity next to their actual activity. The software helps to ensure that you spend time towards the right goal with maximum efficiency.
What’s unique about Timely?
- Timely help to set budgets for projects.
- Timely aims to evaluate and ensure how team members spend their time, with the goal of maximizing productivity.
Skype is definitely one of the best-known collaboration tools that help teams to stay in touch with voice and video calls, text messages, and screen sharing, as compared to other team communication tools available in the market, Skype is a fairly inexpensive way to get people to work together collaboratively.
What’s unique about Skype?
- Skype allows you to add up to 25 people on one call.
- Skype offers notifications based on mentions.
- Skype voicemail allows you to record a personal greeting in your own voice.
Zoom is a popular enterprise-level video communication tool. It is a reliable platform for audio and video conferencing. With Zoom, team members can attend a meeting without being there in the conference room. The tool is loaded with powerful features like voice detection, screen sharing, high definition audio/video quality, and much more.
What’s unique about Zoom?
- Zoom supports various platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems.
- Zoom allows over 100 participants to engage with an unlimited audience in live virtual events through interactive video.
ClickMeeting is a browser-based team collaboration tool with super dynamic features. The tool is designed to make collaboration more effective and seamless. With ClickMeeting, team members can connect anywhere, anytime. Overall, it’s a perfect tool to foster effective collaboration in any workplace.
What’s unique about ClickMeeting?
- ClickMeeting aims to engage people at work and create room for seamless interaction.
- ClickMeeting is a great tool for high-quality live seminars.
As a team who is working towards achieving the same goal, you need to stay connected all the time irrespective of the actual geographical location of any team member. The tool offers a modern interface and has loads of features to allow you to host or join a meeting whenever, wherever you want.
What’s unique about Join.me?
- Join.me allows you to communicate through audio and video at the same time.
- Join.me allows you to customize your meeting link to whatever you want.
- Join.me syncs your meeting schedules with Outlook plugin and Google Calendar Plugin.
Hightail is a trendy collaboration tool that supports seamless collaboration through file sharing, project management, and time management. The tool lets you share files, collect feedback, and keep projects moving, no matter what. Plus, it syncs files from Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox which makes team collaboration easier.
What’s unique about Hightail?
- Hightail notifies team members whenever a file is shared with them.
- Hightail allows you to send and track delivery of files up to 100GB.
- Hightail helps to ensure that teams collect precise feedback in central place.
Box is basically a file sharing software solution that helps teams to create, edit, review, and share files from almost anywhere in real-time. The software seamlessly integrates with popular third-party apps like Slack, IB, G Suite, etc and is being trusted by over 50,000 businesses across the globe.
What’s unique about Box?
- Box facilitates secure file-upload, viewing, and sharing.
- Box uses advanced protection measures like customer-managed encryption, granular permissions, and mobile security.
- Box operates in compliance with data retention and regulatory policies.
Wimi is an online collaboration software that centralizes documents, calendars, discussions, projects, and tasks to keep all the business processes in sync. It is designed to boost productivity, empower teamwork, and keep control over each team member.
What’s unique about Wimi?
- Wimi centralizes your business processes.
- Wimi offers you your own personal space in the cloud and allows you to configure it with your colors and brand.
OneDrive is one place to work together and share information with anyone. It is a platform that keeps all the information organized and puts you in control of your projects and workflows.
What is unique about OneDrive?
- OneDrive organizes information and puts teams in control of processes like file versioning, content approval, workflows and more.
- OneDrive offers 1TB of storage space at a very affordable rate.
- OneDrive offers Android and iOS apps to ensure teams stay connected to work even when they are not in the office.
Let your teams experience effective decision making and easier collaboration while working on projects. Sign up for project management with ProofHub!
Final Thought …
At first, it might seem like a challenge to find a powerful project collaboration software service. But once you begin to explore the available options and match them with your organization’s expectations, it becomes easy to make an informed decision for your business and your team. Now, do the exact same thing with our list of best Atlassian Confluence alternatives in 2019. With decent research and some thorough analysis, you’ll certainly be able to find a solution that is going to contain all the variables and capabilities you need in your workplace.