Successful businesses thrive on constant collaboration and communication. Whether you have an in-house team or team members spread around the globe, project management software is becoming a necessity. Teamwork is one such popular tool.
Teamwork is a project management, chat and help desk software suite helping you communicate faster in real-time. It has been helping businesses to become more organized, efficient, and smarter since 2007.
That said, it is yet to gain the status of a full-fledged comprehensive project management tool. It is also getting stiff competition from many promising cost-effective tools. Before you make the final call, here are some solid Teamwork alternatives you must take a look at.
Table of Contents
16 Best Teamwork Alternatives to Use in 2023:
Versatile, amazing project management features, clean interface, and exceptional customer support – ProofHub is the perfect Teamwork alternative you can ask for. It is designed to help you plan, collaborate, organize, and deliver projects on time and within budget.
Tasks, Discussions, Notes, Online Proofing, Timers, Custom reports, Gantt charts; the list of features is quite long in ProofHub. It has got everything you need to make work life easier in one place. The best part is that it removes the language barrier as it’s available in more than half a dozen languages and also personalize your account by customizing its look with white labeling.
Why choose ProofHub over Teamwork:
- Create task lists, add tasks and recurring tasks, add labels, set start and end dates, time estimates
- Gantt charts provide a visual project timeline helping you to schedule tasks and plan projects efficiently
- Easily integrates with GoogleDrive, OneDrive, Box, DropBox and more
- The mobile app lets you remain connected with work even when you’re on the run.
Cost: Starts at $45/month
“Your search for the best Teamwork alternative ends here. Try ProofHub.”
Slack is a team collaboration application that makes it easier for coworkers to communicate and share information even from remote areas. In Slack, communication happens in one place and care segmented by creating channels for various topics. If communication is your biggest concern, Slack stands out as an incredible team messaging application.
Why choose Slack over Teamwork:
- Share confidential information with team members in private channels
- Reach out to team members quickly with direct messages
- Drag, drop, and share files within conversations
- Include images, PDFs, spreadsheets, comments
- Integrate Slack with as many third-party apps as you want
Cost: $0-$15 per user/month
To know more about Slack alternatives for seamless communication, click here.
Nutcache is number three on our list of Teamwork alternatives as this agile project management software is just right for teams of all sizes and types. It is appropriate for managing projects, keeping them on budgets, tracking project progress, and collaborating better with coworkers and clients. Whatever project management methodology you use, it can provide you with all the tools to complete the project delivery on time.
Why choose Nutcache over Teamwork:
- See at a glance what your team members are currently working on
- Set milestones and alerts to make sure projects run smoothly
- Bill time and expenses accurately with Nutcache
Cost: Enterprise plan at $60 per month
MeisterTask is an intuitive project management and task management tool which is smart, agile, and visual. Dashboards are customizable which means you can use them as you want. It offers a quick overview of open tasks so you can decide what to focus on that day and for days to come. Also, everything you do is saved in the task’s activity stream so it can be easily traced at the need of the hour.
Why choose MeisterTask over Teamwork:
- Section Actions help automate steps in workflows and increase efficiency
- Flexible project boards adapt as per your workflow
- Integrates with third-party tools such as Slack, GitHub, Zendesk, Bitbucket, and more
- Stay updated with free apps for iPhone, iPad, macOS, and Windows
Cost: Available on request
Celoxis is an all-in-one project management software that offers a cost-effective solution for project management. It offers a myriad of features such as powerful reports, dashboards, customizable charts, Gantt charts, project templates. In addition, there are various customizations enabling flexibility at work.
Why choose Celoxis over Teamwork:
- Monitor project execution visually to maximize business value
- Easily reallocate resources for maintaining optimal workloads
- Track budgets, costs, and profits in real-time
- Create and share dashboards that accelerate decision making
- Easy to use and powerful API makes it easy to integrate in-house and custom software
Cost: Starts at $25 per user per month
It’s a collaborative platform that allows you to plan, organize, track work items in a visual manner. The intuitiveness makes it easier for you to get your team on board as quickly as possible. It is both flexible and versatile allowing you to customize your workflow or process with simple ease. It comes with six views – Calendar view, Chart view, Files view, Kanban view, Map view, and Timeline view.
Why choose Monday.com over Teamwork:
- Organize work visually in a way that is easy to use
- Speeden up the process of planning
- Customizable workflows and process
- Keeps conversations, files, briefs, checklists in one place
Cost: Pro plan starts at $59/month
Read on to know more about Monday.com alternatives for better project management.
ClickUp is another productivity platform designed to manage multiple people, projects, and everything in between. You can customize your workflow with stages to keep everyone on the same page. It also lets you streamline communication and collaboration at a centralized place accessible to all. The features include task checklists, recurring tasks, image mockups, progress percentage, custom notifications among others.
Why choose ClickUp over Teamwork:
- Customize what, when, and where you receive notifications
- Plan time, manage resources, visualize dependencies
- Add time estimates for automatic scheduling
- Automatic time tracking with tons of integrations
Cost: $9 per user per month
Track work, share ideas, measure performance, and work smarter with Taskworld. The teamwork alternative works well with both large and small teams. It takes care of everything from project management to time tracking to team messaging to file management to performance reports.
Why choose Taskworld over Teamwork:
- Create tasks, set due dates and assign them to team members
- Directly create a task along with attachments
- Sort tasks by adding tags and colored labels
- Servers are encrypted and authenticated using a strong protocol (TLS 1.2)
Cost: Starts at $10.99 per user per month
ProWorkflow is a project management software your team will love. The Teamwork alternative makes it a breeze to assign staff, track time, or reschedule projects. Moreover, it integrates with all the accounting, file storage, and automation tools you need to save time and streamline your process. Also, quoting and invoicing have never been simpler.
Why choose ProWorkflow over Teamwork:
- The project dashboard shows tasks, time, messages, files, quotes, and more
- Message notification alerts, threaded discussions, reply to messages via email
- Facilitates communication, workflow, resource allocation, and milestone tracking
Cost: Advanced $30 per month per user
Redbooth is an easy-to-use online project management software for high performing teams. It enables you to collaborate on tasks and threaded conversations. You can also start an HD video meeting with remote team members and keep them in a loop of new developments. It is very effective in keeping projects and team in-sync. On top of it, Redbooth is also improving project and task management with AI-powered Redbooth Predict™.
Why choose Redbooth over Teamwork:
- Organize everything from small tasks to large projects
- Customizable Kanban boards help in better planning
- Sort, tag, and organize tasks for clear communication
Cost: Business plan at $15 per user per month
Projecturf is an amazing project management and business tool helping you organize project teams, manage tasks, and get valuable business insights. It is trusted by companies like that of Spotify, Upwork, eBay, American Eagle Outfitters among others to reduce business chaos and get organized.
Why choose Redbooth over Teamwork:
- Simplifies planning, organizing, leading, and controlling
- Assign tasks, post comments, send messages to communicate everything
- Comes with in-built time and expense tracker
- Real-time notifications and business intelligence reporting
- Extra safety features and hands-on customer experience
Cost: $50 per month
Smartsheet is a powerful work platform that offers a long list of features including projects, grids, calendars, dashboards, forms to name a few. Many businesses are using this Teamwork alternative to manage work, collaborate, automate workflows, deploy new processes enterprise-wide.
To enhance its functionalities by connecting it with a wide range of various third-party applications.
Why choose Smartsheet over Teamwork:
- Accelerate your team’s output by automating key processes
- Manage organizational budget and planning
- Strategically plan campaigns, report on programs, and coordinate teams
- Keep projects on track with visibility into collaborative work
Cost: Contact Smartsheet for pricing
Clarizen is a collaborative work environment solution that helps you simplify work and accomplish goals. It provides configurable enterprise solutions that support your entire work lifecycle from strategy to planning to execution. It delivers much more than Teamwork and its various alternatives.
Why choose Clarizen over Teamwork:
- Purposeful collaboration leads to faster response time
- Powerful reporting, visibility, and intuitive interface
- Real-time data, automated workflows, impressive user-experience
- Share resources, develop strategies, align communication
- Gain a 360-degree view of all resources, schedules, and tasks with full context and real-time insights
Cost: Pricing can be requested on their website
If you’re looking for an online project management software that offers full visibility and control over your tasks, Wrike might fit the part. The work management solution makes way for simplified planning, streamlined workflow, better visibility with enabled collaboration. Wrike is quite effective to keep priorities straight and goals in sight.
Why choose Wrike over Teamwork:
- Customize dashboards to only see what you want to see
- Interactive Gantt charts for better resource utilization
- Tag images, videos to provide specific feedback
- Use and implement real-time reporting and analytics
Cost: Business plan at $24.80 per user per month
Check out these Wrike alternatives to gain more visibility over your tasks.
Basecamp is one of the most popular project management tool and teamwork alternative. It comes packed with advanced features giving you an edge over other project management tools in the market. The list includes project templates, Gantt charts, time tracking, priority setting, and more. That’s why, it’s used by many large businesses, small enterprises, and freelancers to manage projects and people as an alternative to Teamwork.
Why choose Basecamp over Teamwork:
- Effective project management
- Time tracking
- Messaging and real-time chat
Cost: Starting from $99/month.
Looking for Basecamp alternatives to get more work done in one place? Click here.
Workzone is neither too advanced nor too basic, it’s somewhere in between making it the ‘just right’ solution for most teams. See instantly if projects are on track or not, which ones are falling behind, and get important project information in seconds. As a Teamwork alternative, Workzone is smart, powerful, and easy-peasy and could be the right pick for your team.
Why choose Workzone over Teamwork:
- Request, share, review, approve online
- See the big-picture view of all departments, clients, and campaigns
- Personal to-dos and automatic reminder emails
- Fast customer service
Cost: Pricing can be requested on their website
“A software that unifies project management and team communication in one place. Switch to ProofHub now!”
Choosing the right project management software can be confusing and at times, frustrating. We hope the above Teamwork alternatives will help you gain more control over your tasks and make project management easier for you.