Businesses, large or small, juggle a number of projects, plans, tasks, and people at the same time. Having a solution that helps them plan better and stay organized sounds promising.
From the Fortune 500 companies to solopreneurs, more and more organizations and working professionals are using online task management software to stay focused and on top of things.
Let’s talk about the benefits that come along with various task management software. Usually, a task management software offers:
- High-level project planning
- Detailed project estimates and task schedules
- Effective resource allocation
- Centralized documentation and file management
- Accurate tracking
There are some incredible task management tools available in the market. To make things easier, we have compiled a list of tools that make task organization, visual planning and scheduling easier and faster.
Below down are 17 task management tools with some amazing features:
ProofHub is an advanced online project management software that gives you full control over your tasks and helps you manage your projects effectively. Whether you’re a team manager or member, it acts as one place for all your projects, teams, and communications.
- Effective task management to keep work organized
- Online proofing makes way for easier and faster review process
- Clear insights with dynamic reports
- Gantt charts provide a visual timeline for tasks
Bring a positive change into your life and make it less stressful, get your free trial immediately.
In this digital age, Workfront is a great tool to manage tasks and keep things organized. Workfront combines project management, intelligent work automation, and in-context collaboration so your team can do the right work, and deliver that work faster.
- Manage digital content in a single location
- Centralized projects increase transparency and encourage collaboration
- Customize your platform for the way you work
Ticktick is a popular to-do list, checklist, and task manager application. Millions of people are already using this task management software to capture ideas, organize to-dos, and make the most of life. It comes with a clean interface that enables users to manage tasks easier, faster, and better. It supports real-time syncing across multiple platforms. It can be easily integrated with third-party calendars and works well with Siri too.
- Create tasks, lists, and reminders
- Drag and drop a task to set a due date in Calendar
- Share lists, assign tasks to collaborate
- Fascinating themes
Podio is a customizable work management solution that leaders trust and employees love working on. With content, conversations, and processes structured and together on one tool, Podio creates the focus and clarity your people need to get their best work done.
- Granular admin capabilities let you control the access to your Podio workspace
- Advanced workflows let you create specific automation
- Streamlines and syncs projects and workflows
- Rigorous security standards
Your search for a task management tool ends here. Try ProofHub today.
Samepage is one of those tools that make task management easier and faster. Share and edit content on living pages with other team members in real time. Whether it’s video conferencing, team chats, direct messaging – whatever your communication preferences are, Samepage has got you covered.
- Set priority, deadlines, recurrence, and reminders
- Drag and drop files on a page and edit them online
- Visualize task progress
Flow is a beautiful, flexible project and task management software. It can be easily customized to any workflow or project-type. It lets teams plan ahead, set priorities, and track projects from start to finish. Visually map out tasks and deadlines, share your plan with your team and easily update it as work progress and things change.
- Visually map out tasks and deadlines
- track the progress with Projects Dashboard
- Search and filter to focus in on anything
Workboard is a task management solution that provides you with a way to be aligned, fully engaged, and easily working towards the results at a high speed.
- Iterate, cascade and measure strategic priorities easily
- Get continuous visibility on plan vs. actual
- Built-in collaboration boards and connectors
- Eliminate tedious management reporting
Hitask is a unique project and task manager for teams. It helps to focus on team collaboration, getting tasks done and manage an entire project. It removes the complexity from the project management and puts you in control. With Hitask, you and your project team can quickly set-up new projects, assign and share tasks, and synchronize everything across all devices.
- Single screen dashboard removes chaos
- Drag-and-drop to assign or modify tasks.
- Can be used with any Web Browser, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook, iCalendar, Google Calendar
9. Meister Task
MeisterTask is the most intuitive collaboration and task management tool on the web. MeisterTask’s customizable dashboard is your gorgeous starting point into a productive day. See what’s been done in your projects while you were away, get a quick overview of your open tasks, and decide what to focus on that day.
- Create projects visually
- Configure automatic actions within your projects
- Upload files, set due dates and add checklist items.
- Integrates with your favorite tools such as Slack, GitHub, Zendesk and Bitbucket.
It is an intuitive solution that enables better work management, automated processes, and improved collaboration across organizations. It is a great task management software to move your business forward and achieve success. Clarizen is used by some famous brands such as Western Union, Dell, Boston Scientific, NetApp and many others.
- Customizable workflows that fit your needs
- Centralized and shared resources with aligned communication
- Accurate data-based process
- Dynamic reports and dashboards
If you are a part of a remote team, Projectplace is an amazing all-in-one work collaboration tool that brings virtual teams at one place to plan and execute work. The advanced task management comes with features that take you beyond the traditional to get work done. Plan and organize work within teams and outside organization to keep everyone on the same page.
- Gantt charts to plan and track tasks
- Kanban boards to visualize progress
- To-do lists to meet commitments
- Real-time collaboration with @mentions
As a visual task management software, DropTask is a simple and fluid way to get things done in an effective manner. What’s best about DropTask is that it offers simplified task management with a clear view on status, progress, and who’s working on what. You can assign responsibilities, streamline discussions, and work in a flexible way to get things done.
- Kanban style Boards to map out project cycle
- Planner to schedule tasks for Now, Next, and Soon
- Assign tasks, upload files, set reminders at one place
- Seamless data syncing
Wrike is a leading cloud-based task management and collaboration tool. The work management software can be used to simplify planning, streamlining workflow, and improve team communication. Turn strategies and marketing campaigns into achievable action plans. It is already trusted by more than 17,000 teams and companies like Google, Jaguar, Mars among others.
- Customize dashboards so you only see what you want to see
- Gantt charts for resource allocation and templates
- Add, tag images and videos to provide specific feedback
- Share interactive reports and schedule notifications on a regular basis
Whether it is managing work projects or sharing shopping list, Wunderlist helps you tick off all your professional and professional to-do lists. To sum it up, it is the easiest way to get stuff done and keep life in sync. No matter how big or small the task may be, it can organize and plan anything for you. With this task management software, you’ll never miss another deadline. Wunderlist is available for free on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows, Kindle fire and Web.
- Create and assign to-dos
- Set due-dates, reminders
- Share lists and collaborate with colleagues, friends, and family
- Works seamlessly across all major devices to keep life in sync
Centrallo is an elegantly simple organizational tool to organize the little details of life. For all those busy ones, you can add anything throughout your day, then view and organize everything at night. Categorize thoughts, lists, and ideas at one place.
- Create unlimited lists within lists
- Share lists with anyone, anywhere – share via email, or generate a public link
- Retrieve anything you stored by typing a few characters into the search bar
Smartsheet is a leading work execution platform trusted by the world’s leading organizations. Smartsheet is a powerful platform that offers exceptional speed to business value. You can make better decisions, improve collaboration, automate workflows, and manage work in real-time. Moreover, it works seamlessly with your favorite third-party tools so you can focus on the work that matter the most.
- Visualize, share, and act on work in motion
- Get critical data in real time with easy-to-configure, widget-based views
- Store docs and attach files from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and more
- Create editable summary reports across sheets; export to PDF or Excel
Asana is a great tool to manage your team’s work, projects, and tasks online. It helps you organize work in such a way so that you can make time for the work that matters the most. Manage your team’s plans and processes and empower everyone to focus on work that grows your business.
- Create visual project plans
- Set priorities and deadlines
- Monitor project status in real time
What do you think?
If you think we have missed a task management tool that deserved a spot in the above list, tell us about it in the comments section.